Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever yelled at someone on public transportation?
Yes 20 27.78%
No 52 72.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree67Likes

Old 10-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I'm sorry but Chemda was totally wrong about the video game.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I can't help but wonder. What would you listen to during sex, if your partner was unable to hear it?
Deaf people want their partners to be emotionally present during sex too. I really haven't pulled any sexual shenanigans.

I did go about a month using "cunt" when she wasn't looking, but getting caught put an end to that.
dEadERest and Scumhook like this.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I'm sorry but Chemda was totally wrong about the video game.

I get that my response put me in a dangerous and unnecessary position BUT I'm right about not having headphones on a train with your sound on being a dick move.

(My iPhone thought it was a 'dock' move but iPhones are wrong too sometimes.)

Sent from my iPhone on the train while music played IN MY HEADPHONES.
Bucho, flerchin, Scumhook and 1 others like this.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
I get that my response put me in a dangerous and unnecessary position BUT I'm right about not having headphones on a train with your sound on being a dick move.

(My iPhone thought it was a 'dock' move but iPhones are wrong too sometimes.)

Sent from my iPhone on the train while music played IN MY HEADPHONES.
I'm use to hearing about you putting yourself in seemingly dangerous situations. Growing up in NYC I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself. That isn't why I think you were wrong.

I agree playing music from a radio on public transportation is a dick move and a sad cry for attention. But playing a video game is something different, the sound is almost incidental. It would be like yelling at someone for texting on the train because their phone makes a "clicking" sound. I'm pretty sure that is why you didn't have anyone back you up on the train with this one.

Also it's a New York City subway train. It's not like without the bleeps and bloops it would be as quiet as a library. Even your other example was of you giving someone a dirty look for talking and you didn't like the sound of their voice.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I couldn't disagree with you more.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
I'm use to hearing about you putting yourself in seemingly dangerous situations. Growing up in NYC I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself. That isn't why I think you were wrong.

I agree playing music from a radio on public transportation is a dick move and a sad cry for attention. But playing a video game is something different, the sound is almost incidental. It would be like yelling at someone for texting on the train because their phone makes a "clicking" sound. I'm pretty sure that is why you didn't have anyone back you up on the train with this one.

Also it's a New York City subway train. It's not like without the bleeps and bloops it would be as quiet as a library. Even your other example was of you giving someone a dirty look for talking and you didn't like the sound of their voice.

If I heard your dick keyboard dicking loud on the dick train I would have to stop myself from taking your phone and smashing it.

Sent from an iPhone with the asshole clicking sound off while walking and not pissing off anyone in headphones.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
If I heard your dick keyboard dicking loud on the dick train I would have to stop myself from taking your phone and smashing it.

Sent from an iPhone with the asshole clicking sound off while walking and not pissing off anyone in headphones.
You would have to stop yourself, but would you actually do it? There are a lot of stuff that people do that piss me off. Double parking for instance, It's my dream to one day just drive around and ram the shit out of any double-parkers that I see; Picking up your kids, being late for an appointment and just having to rush in to get something. Is not a valid excuse. These people bottle neck the streets and literally make it more difficult for everyone else.

But here is the thing, you are signing on for certain things when you live in a densely populated area, and especially when you take public transportation. Double parkers, loud talking and beeps and boops. Are part of living in NYC.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure neither of us is going to convince the other that they are on the wrong side of this, so let me just say; continue doling out Chemda's Justice, but be careful. Just because NYC isn't as stabby as it use to be, doesn't mean it can't still happen. And I don't want to go through the hassle of having to find a new favorite podcast.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

I died while reading this. All the internet points to Chemda!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

First: Keith's Candy Crush line ... crushed. Genius.

Second, a short story: I was visiting London on holiday (I come from South London originally) and riding on the underground train. There was a real douche who was playing his music and singing loud and badly, standing up near the doors. Of course everyone was getting pissed off, but also "ignoring" that there was a problem. Then I recognised him from school (about 20 years ago, but it looked like him). So I went up to him and said in his ear "Ian Field, is that you?". He was really shocked, because it WAS him, and he immediately turned his shit down to talk to me. I am pretty sure he did not recognise me, but all I said after that was "It's good to see you, man" and I went to get off. The look from the other passengers was priceless. They had no idea what I said to them, but they had to think it was something badass to get him to immediately shut down his noise.
Lanfear and iheartnihilism like this.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Yes I'd be annoyed at keyboard clicking sounds as well, I don't understand why anybody would want them to be on anyway? where is the benefit in that? But it is slightly less annoying so I wouldn't be as mad.

But for the video games, usually its not single bloops or cheering noises if you complete a level but constant repetitive weird electronic childish sing song noise, turn it off or put your headphones in if you enjoy it so much that you NEED to hear it.

I'd like to say that I'd be happier with hearing music but usually the people that play loud music have the worst taste in music (aka stuff I hate) and also this sentence would be misunderstood in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Lanfear; 10-13-2014 at 06:47 AM.