Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd007
I didn't mind Hari, but that guy with her was a fucking tool.
I loved it when he said... "I have something funny..." and Chemda said "it better be!"

it wasn't..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd007
So where is Hari's show in February at? She really should have said it a few more times... I guess I missed it...
she has a show?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #53 (permalink)

i actually know squat about hari's childhood. that was from the journey of natty gann. if you are stalking her, you probably get the joke.

as far as working in a nice place for tips...well, yeah, why would you work someplace else? working somplace crappy is your own fault, i would drive as much as an hour away from home to work at someplace worth working at. 5 or 10 bucks an hour and its close, or its far and twice as much, you decide your level of involvement in your own life.

as far as makin the 20+ an hour, its easy, only work peak hours, but you wont be rakin in 50k because there just arent really 40 peak hours to be had in a week(in most places). i institutuded the tipping my support staff(cooks, hostess, whoever came in contact with the customer) myself, people didnt do it before me. that gave a reward system to them, and a means of punishment. also, you can critique their performance, then hand them some money, and they take you seriously, and work to improve, instead of laughing either behind your back or in your face. if you make crap money, work the system, grease the wheels a bit, and give your customer the quality service that demands a quality tip. just workin someplace crappy isnt deserving of a tip. sorry.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
mkl

"as far as working in a nice place for tips...well, yeah, why would you work someplace else? working somplace crappy is your own fault,...
you decide your level of involvement in your own life."

Are you joking? Yeah, why would I *not* want to work making a ton of money! Gee! Thanks, I'll just run out and get the good job, instead of the crappy one I *was* gonna take! what was I thinking!
Your observation is obviously a little short sighted, every waiter simply *can't* work at the good places. Someone has to work at the crappy places, and it isn't always just because of drive or will to do more, or even quality. Sadly, sometimes getting the good job isn't about how good you are, or how far you are willing to drive, or how much you are willing to work.

I do find your tipping system for people you work with interesting. I tend to tip all sorts of people, even those that aren't in an occupation where they typically get tips. Sadly I haven't found a way to work that into tipping people I work with to get them to do things for me. I guess I could start tipping software engineers, but I think they would just laugh at me. I can't tip the government guys I work with, that's illegal. Ohwell.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:17 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman
Agree. I just spent a week in London. Wasn't expected to tip anyone (although I did once when the barman went way out of his way to give us directions, including calling his girlfriend at home for help). Great system.

Plus, London is one hell of a town in which to drink.
Actually, as a Londoner myself, I can tell you that you're expected to tip 10% in restaurants, at least, and bartenders definitely expect/hope to be tipped--that's what that little tip tray is for--the one they put your cheque on.

But you're essentially right--I don't think people will grumble if you don't tip.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #56 (permalink)

Also being a Londoner I can say that I nearly always tip 10%, and if i'm having a night out and i'm not broke, when i get a big round of drinks in i'll usually say "oh, and get one for yourself too". Although i did get stung once when some asshole bought himself a jug of coctail for like a tenner.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl
Are you joking? Yeah, why would I *not* want to work making a ton of money! Gee! Thanks, I'll just run out and get the good job, instead of the crappy one I *was* gonna take! what was I thinking!
Your observation is obviously a little short sighted, every waiter simply *can't* work at the good places. Someone has to work at the crappy places, and it isn't always just because of drive or will to do more, or even quality. Sadly, sometimes getting the good job isn't about how good you are, or how far you are willing to drive, or how much you are willing to work.
sure, someone has to work those crappy jobs, but it doesnt have to be you. i dont think thats short sighted at all. just dont take a crappy job, if you live in a small town, drive to the nearest big city. if you dont have a car yet, maybe you have to work the crappy job, but only for a month or so till you can buy a barely running crap 500 dollar car or even better, motorcycle, and go to a better job. dumpster dive behind donut stores for food, go to the local mission and get the canned goods they give away, throw away all your crap but the clothes on your back and couch surf(your gonna upgrade it all eventually anyways), spend nothing on yourself and save for a car to get you to a better place. a little sacrifice goes a long way. but those crap jobs are for the people who dont speak english very well yet, people that have alot further to go to make it than you. i think its actually wrong to take a job you are over qualified for, because thats one less job someone really struggling to make it wont have available to them.

i see your point of view, but the sooner you dig yourself out of whatever hole you start life off in, the better. i left home at 16, abandoning almost everything i owned, to make my life better, if you speak good english and arent disabled, theres no reason not to to take drastic measure to improve your life.

i get your point, its very noble. i just disagree. so, if i get a crappy plate of food, no tip. why did the waiter bring it to me if it was crap? not his fault? maybe not, but its in his control, he could have fixed it, but didnt, so no tip, or just loose change that tells him "i know to tip, and tipped an insulting amount, now think about why" Hari said shed throw a quarter at someone if thats what they tipped her(assuming good service), i agree, a tip that small is worse than no tip, it makes a statement.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #58 (permalink)

adding to that, if i am somehow forced to give someone crappy product, service, whatever, i wont accept a tip, at any job, in any situation. ive had people actually say "well, this is garbage, but i know its not your fault" and try to hand me money, i usually reply, youre a great person, and i appreciate you offering, but this is unacceptable, and i cant accept any kind of gratuity for this kind of garbage, im going to fix this, make it better, keep your tip, and just give us another chance in a few weeks after i make sure whatever problem just happened never happens again.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 AM   #59 (permalink)

Gotta add to the blasting of this episode. Hari wasnt too bad and i think shed be cool on her own but Jonah was terrible. In KATGs defence, they're just tryin new shit. You know who i like, Adam. Get Adam the fuck back in there.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:38 AM   #60 (permalink)

Hey Rotem, wanna get into Chemda's inconsistencies about orthodox men shakin hands with a woman? I dont want to get up on you Chemda but the more u know......................