Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were Keith and Danny assholes today?
Yes 75 70.09%
No 32 29.91%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree126Likes

Old 10-21-2014, 02:26 AM   #41 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I think every Enunciated Piffle is a drug abuser.
"Chalk" another one up for Bob.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 AM   #42 (permalink)

Sheesh Keith. If the last 40 years of American sitcoms have taught us anything, it's you don't ask women, when is the baby due or are you on your period? Man 101.

What's an equivalent? When you think men are being irrational ask them if they have a hard-on? Nah, doubt they'd care. No enough historical baggage.
flerchin likes this.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:29 AM   #43 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I find it amusing when Keith calls people 'druggies' because of their reactions. If you called me a lush, I would just write you off as being a silly idiot. I'm not saying I agree with Keith on it, I just find the reactions amusing.
Or you don't care what people think about you, even if it's something you could be working on. If specific comments are always bouncing off you, it could just be arrogance on your part.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #44 (permalink)

I also object to the use of the word "druggie," and "hippie" to a lesser degree. I would have the same objection to referring to police officers as "coppers," flight attendants as "stewardesses," or black people as "negroes." It just makes you sound old and/or ignorant. Or like you sit on your neighbor's stoop.
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Druggie : Drugs :: Drunk : Alcohol

Calling someone a drunk isn't nice, neither is calling someone a druggie.

Evangelism of your substance, (weed, alcohol, etc), is off-putting to those that do not partake.

Last edited by flerchin; 10-21-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Smileys messed up my analogy.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #46 (permalink)

Chemda had 7 years and 5 months since the last Gilmore Girls episode aired. Ruining a brand new movie is not the same thing.

It's not nice to purposefully ruin something for someone but the longer the stretch of time that passes, the more there's a chance that things will get ruined.

It's pretty much the same thing as that guy getting pissed that talking about jerking off during his girls delivery on a podcast might get back to his girl.
Lanfear, Piscean and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 10-21-2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: to,clarify
Old 10-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipaloozi View Post
The weed tincture Lauren made is ten, if not 1000 more times safer than any prescription or over the counter drug available. Check out Rick Simpson or his product Phoenix Tears to see how effective it is. There were quite a few cancer patients of his that were given two weeks or less to live. He gave them this tincture x amount of times a day and when they were at their next doctor's appt, the cancer was just about gone if not completely gone. Having the docs there confirming the results is a big help to his cause. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Running From The Cure is his film documenting just a few of his patients' stories.
MMMmmagreed! Marijuana is GREAT for flu, stomach/GI distress, hangovers, colds, insomnia, anorexia, pain, muscle cramps, cancer, aids/hiv, certain seizures, and so many other things. While it can help with an immediate panic/anxiety I found out this year it can intensify long term depression and anxiety attacks. Keith on MNIK about druggies and anxiety attacks is a little unfair; if you're a speed freak or into meth, junk, coke, etc then you probably will have fewer anxiety attacks...until the drug is out of your system.

And while I don't recomend ANYONE do this, if you do drugs acid/speed/mdma is the TRIMURTI of drug use; THAT is a good fuckin' time.

blahblahblah
Tulipaloozi likes this.

on tumors/cancer: "God's got jokes."-Keith
Old 10-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #48 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Marijuana is not the miracle drug that many point it out to be. While there are several benefits from marijuana use, there are still negative side effects that people who smoke either don't admit to or downplay. While weed is technically not addictive because there is no chemical withdrawal if you stop smoking, there is a definite chance that people can develop a dependency and abuse it. The dependency on weed can result in social, psychological, and physical impairments. If you use weed as part of your daily routine or is your "go to" to for any ailments you have, you do develop a dependency regardless if you perceive the dependency to be harmful or not. That being said, moderate weed use has been proven to have less negative side effects than alcohol and can be enjoyed without forming a dependency. It is only when weed has become such an integrated part of your daily life that there is a serious chance of forming a dependence.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #49 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Ah yes. It somehow became me saying you have problems with drugs and alcohol. Interesting.

I'm sure that means you have no problems with drugs or alcohol by the way. You sound like you're doing great.

But if you're not, definitely take it out on me. That's the best way to heal.
Fact still remains your diagnosis tends to be female specific.
And ironically I am "healing" right now, so dammit maybe you are onto something....but I have yet to hear oh let's say Xerx labelled the same as Chemda or Justy (no offense Xerx!)
snowflake likes this.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:16 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I recently heard
Sounds like credible science.