Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Queers only: Do you go to a "church" whose teachings do not support your LGBT rights?
Yes 0 0%
No 9 16.98%
I'm not queer 44 83.02%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

Old 10-22-2014, 03:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

I think Keith scared Dylan with the Monica rant. Very funny.
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I agree with you, but that wasn't the point being made. Chemda's point is why was Monica's carrier destroyed and not whats his name ... oh yeah, President Bill Clinton, you know the leader of the free world for 8 years. It is an utterly ridiculous argument. Bill had a deeper resume, pool of friends and colleges that he could network with. Not to mention he was the freaking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. There are presidents who have started wars that resulted in the death of millions of civilians and still had a carrier afterwards. Why would a president that cheated on his wife be any different? Monica was an intern who turned to someone whom she thought was a friend that ended up selling her out. Did she have to have skills and be highly intelligent to get into the position that she was in? Yes of course. But she had no absolutely no social credit. Bill had more social credit with literally the entire world.

Yes there is an unfair standard that we hold women up to in this country when it comes to sex, yes it needs to change. But using Monica as poster girl to prove that point hurts the issue way more than it helps. Since there are other outstanding factors that resulted in things playing out the way they did.
I don't know what point you're trying to make because I never mentioned bill. I just said Keith was a little hard on her. And it's *career.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

I think Keith thought the reaction would be ":O you assholes!" And then a chuckle and a dirty look and that'd be the end of it. It's just a fucking tv show. I'm surprised this is still being a thing.

And yes if something I was really into was spoiled for me id be pissed.
For 20 mins.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There are no cures for the common cold/flu-like illnesses, you only treat the symptoms. You take NyQuil and other medications because they mask the symptoms, sometimes poorly. NyQuil in particular helps you sleep, which is a really good way to pass the time while your body heals.

I've never heard of marijuana, or pot in a capsule, helping to mask cold symptoms. But if it works, it's doing the same thing as the other OTC medications we take for our colds, masking the symptoms. It's not a cure.

In that way I see nothing wrong with using marijuana in this way. Other than it is illegal and punishable based on that. Nothing worse than having a cold in jail.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ultimate question coming off this episode: When are Keith and Chemda (and Danny?) going to make cameos on Welcome to Night Vale
Old 10-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

If anyone's interested in reading a book about a world where homosexuality is the "norm*," check out The Forever War by John Halderman. It was written by a Vietnam veteran by in 1974 and tells the story of a seemingly endless interstellar war with mostly accurate time dilation. Which is to say, every time a soldier is sent to fight and returns, a profound amount of time passes on Earth while a relatively short time passes for the soldier. It's a quick and easy read so get to it!

* I really struggled with a non-offensive way to phrase this, but you guys know what I'm sayin' right? In this sick society we're living in, it's kind of assumed that every person you meet is straight and cisgendered unless you get clued in otherwise, but in the far future world of this book it's the opposite. Let me end this by saying all of y'all are beautiful no matter what your orientation or gender is or isn't. Except for Scumhook.

Last edited by robotparker; 10-23-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Your first sentence seems like an important one...
Lanfear, flerchin, Mattman and 1 others like this.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Whoops! I fixed it. Sorry, I got a contact high from the Reefer Madness thread.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

"The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made." - Jean Giraudoux