Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Chemda a druggie?
Yes 44 47.83%
No 48 52.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree58Likes

Old 10-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

2073: Reefer Madness

With Katharine Heller – Evolution of Batman; iCloud beta testing; Steelers vs. Texans; the Pittsburgh accent; trying to reconnect with old friends; the definition of a druggie; Renée Zellweger’s new head; Monica Lewinsky’s speech; Hannibal Buress calls out Bill Cosby’s rape allegations; Oscar Pistorius gets 5 years

Guest:
Katharine Heller

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Legalise heroin and cocaine. Oh boy.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just to clarify, I definitely don't think Monica Lewinsky is the sharpest tool in the shed. I just felt she was harshly judged. But you are a harsh judge Mr. Malley so it's to be expected.
I've learned to give minimal amounts of fucks for what you say about weed and I don't know for sure whether you mean to come across as super judgmental about it or not. It's a good point that everyone who smokes it always has the most positive things to say without acknowledging that there are a few negatives. The most obvious being smoke in your lungs is never a good thing but it also does promote a generally lazier lifestyle to the majority of its users. Calling chemda a druggie is pretty judgmental though. That word has a very negative connotation to it and most would take it to mean that chemda is screwing up her life with weed, which is clearly not the case. Idk I see your points about weed and your opinion is always going to be a stronger one than most because your a talk show host, but whether you mean to or not, it comes across very judgmental and holier than though.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Are my judgments coming off judgmental?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think being called judgy is as offensive as being called druggy.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

a dozen is to 12

I think it is a fair point that if Chemda is a "Druggy" then Keith certainly is an Alcoholic.
I'm not personally familiar with either Chemda's or Keith's habits on a daily basis and even if I did I would shy away from labeling either one an addict as the term Druggy or Alcoholic certainly does.

Consider that one characteristic of an addict is using a drug after it has had a serious negative effect on the individuals life. If you get a DUI loose your license and have to pay thousands of $ in fees and fines but continue to drink more than socially (one or two drinks with friends -not getting drunk) it's a clear indication of addiction.

Chemda talks about smoking at home when she knows it wont affect work or other responsibilities this is not an action of an addict. Keith having an entire show that gives him and excuse to drink to extreme excess, I think might warrant a look at that behavior more closely.

Having said that I love "The best spin off ever." But if we are going to do any examination of Chemda as a Druggy then it is fair as well to examine Keith as an Alcoholic.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Talking DrUuUggy

With Keith's definition of druggy I guess it doesn't take much. In my community your not a druggy unless your always looking for and taking what ever drugs you can get your hands on more along the lines of harder drugs many "druggies" wouldn't even consider weed a drug. I dont think looking into herbal remedies makes you a druggies more of a healer or medicine man. She isnt just looking to get the next high.

PS Still totally interested in becoming a virtual intern.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Chemda talks about smoking at home when she knows it wont affect work or other responsibilities this is not an action of an addict.
I never once said Chemda was an addict. Ever. If that's what you and her hear, then what can I tell ya.

But if you're bringing it up, what if Chemda has said on the show that she wondered more than once if she was an addict? Is there anyway she can possibly be an addict? Or are you dismissing how she told you she felt?

I never bring this stuff up. That's an interesting thing to take note of.

Also, as I've said on the show, the reason I don't listen to comparisons of the two (weed and alcohol) is because I'm not advocating alcohol.
Neal likes this.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Pot cheaper when legal?

I just visited my daughter in Denver at the beginning of the month.
Recreational (with the taxes that must be LEGALLY paid) costs about the same as what it costs in illegal states.
Medicinal is cheaper because it does not have the taxes.
Regardless of how you acquired the weed, it is illegal to sell without a license. Just like it is illegal to get a prescription for a drug and sell it to someone.

Thanks,
Dave

BTW – I did not partake while there, I do not like my moods when I am altered.
One of the reasons I also rarely drink.
Not to say others should not use or drink, it is just not something for me.

----------

Clinton was impeached (House of Representatives impeach), Senate did not convict him thus he stays in office, Chief Justice presides over trial in Senate.

Druggie vs Alcoholic
To me a druggie is someone who uses drugs (presume illegal).
A drinker is someone who drinks alcohol.
An addict is someone who can not control their use. That is why the first step in AA is "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol"
Alcoholic is an addict.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

The House impeached Clinton, the Senate did not convict him, which also happened to Andrew Johnson. So he gets to go down in history as one of two Presidents to be impeached, but got to stay in office. Nixon resigned before he could have been impeached because he definitely would have been convicted by the Senate.

/Edit
And LostAgain beat me to it.