Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who wore it better?
Kim Kardashian 51 41.80%
Chelsea Handler 71 58.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree506Likes

Old 11-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #91 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I don't get how Pat finds the misunderstanding at the bar something that needs to be cleared up with that much detail but can't even address the creeping on female comics and rampant misogyny.

I was thinking the exact thing when I read over his post.

I'm only aware of Pat's existence because of the podcast. That being said, I think I will survive without hearing him on again. There are so many other talented, funny, and non harassy people on the show all of the time and I'd much rather hear from them.

There's absolutely no reason to get his "side" of the story on the show in my opinion. If the tiff at the bar was his only ruffled feather with this whole situation and the harassment/hovering corpse allegations didn't phase him, other than taking it to the next level, ("you're creepy towards women." "They're accusing me of being a rapist!") then why even waste your time? That's like having a room full of witnesses to a murder you committed and then when they call you out on it, you try to turn it around on the people, like somehow it's their fault you went crazy and stabbed someone. I don't think a single word from him would justify the creepiness multiple people (from what I've heard, it's not just women he creeps out) have experienced in his presence. It's pretty fucking bad if you creep out the entire human species.

From what I remember of the last episode he was on, no one was allowed to have a differing opinion without it being argued against and scoffed at. His aggressiveness against the Woody molestation allegations was incredibly ridiculous. He married his adopted daughter for fuck's sake, so how are the accusations of molesting his other adoptive daughter so far fetched? Maybe just as far fetched as a corpse creeping out and harassing people whenever they hover near them?
Jpinkee and shoebootie like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #92 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thing is, Pat has a gift, one that doesn't fly with Chemda and Keith because they are seasoned interviewers: he deflects. It's very easy to get wrapped up in deflection.

As I was reading Pat's reply I was totally on his side, I could see how Keith would yell at a bar (why not?), I could see how he would be drunk (it's a drinking bah!) and I could understand that Pat's feelings would be hurt.

And then a bunch of replies came along redirecting my attention towards the biggest problem, the creepy-uncle-dick-pushing thing. Not addressing it is super shady and for a minute I forgot what the issue was because he made such a big deal out of that one incident.

- You creep women out!
- But Keith asked me for a song when I was playing a different song!
- Aw, poor thing!

Nope!
Keith, The Girl, mariana and 4 others like this.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #93 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
Thing is, Pat has a gift, one that doesn't fly with Chemda and Keith because they are seasoned interviewers: he deflects. It's very easy to get wrapped up in deflection.

As I was reading Pat's reply I was totally on his side, I could see how Keith would yell at a bar (why not?), I could see how he would be drunk (it's a drinking bah!) and I could understand that Pat's feelings would be hurt.

And then a bunch of replies came along redirecting my attention towards the biggest problem, the creepy-uncle-dick-pushing thing. Not addressing it is super shady and for a minute I forgot what the issue was because he made such a big deal out of that one incident.

- You creep women out!
- But Keith asked me for a song when I was playing a different song!
- Aw, poor thing!

Nope!
Another thing that had me thinking, was how many of these "creepy" interactions have happened at a bar or a party, where the women have been drinking and Pat clearly has not. I might be reaching when I take the sober vs. non-sober balance of power into account, but it has crossed my mind and makes this all even more disgusting.
Keith, The Girl, mariana and 6 others like this.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #94 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball8 View Post
I also have an obvious Pat Dixon bias that predates these revelations.

THIS is a big reason why women don't want to speak about this in public. You keep saying we're doing something to Pat's career by speaking out. That's what you're telling the women who have endured the bullshit. They know that that's how you're going to feel about it. They know that they will be labeled as a man-hating bitch. They know that if they can't work with this guy, THEY might not get hired over him.

Why can't we leave it alone? Why would you want to leave it alone? How are WE ruining this man's life?!
Keith, Bucho, mariana and 18 others like this.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #95 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
THIS is a big reason why women don't want to speak about this in public. You keep saying we're doing something to Pat's career by speaking out. That's what you're telling the women who have endured the bullshit. They know that that's how you're going to feel about it. They know that they will be labeled as a man-hating bitch. They know that if they can't work with this guy, THEY might not get hired over him.

Why can't we leave it alone? Why would you want to leave it alone? How are WE ruining this man's life?!
Fuck that shit about ruining his career. If nothing happened to Woody Allen I'm sure Mr. President Of The World vs. Podcast will be a battle for the ages.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #96 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

That's the thing those who are having an issue with this is missing. You guys aren't ruining his career. Even if this did, you guys are not obligated to associate yourselves with people who make you or those you care about feel uncomfortable. Especially just to spare their careers. He felt man enough to treat the female comics the way he did, now that he's been called out on it, now is the time to be man enough to acknowledge that those uncomfortable actions have consequences. No amount of back pedaling or subject changes is going to change how he made people feel.
The Girl, Jpinkee, skitzot and 1 others like this.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #97 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Thank you Chemda, I have a daughter.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #98 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

On behalf of women and girls all around; THANK YOU, Chemda.

(PS: Keith, I returned to the forums to write a review about your super-super-spectacular stand-up being re-released on Hulu, but given current events, I'll be posting that text another day. This deserves the attention it's getting, but so does your stand up feature on Hulu Love to Keith and Chemda...
so glad to be back here,
Nana)
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.

Last edited by mariana; 11-14-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #99 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Another thing that had me thinking, was how many of these "creepy" interactions have happened at a bar or a party, where the women have been drinking and Pat clearly has not. I might be reaching when I take the sober vs. non-sober balance of power into account, but it has crossed my mind and makes this all even more disgusting.
This isn't ONLY when the harassment happens, but you certainly are not reaching at all.
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #100 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Another thing that had me thinking, was how many of these "creepy" interactions have happened at a bar or a party, where the women have been drinking and Pat clearly has not.
That's a damn good point. That's a super creepy, nail in the coffin sort of point.

I gotta admit. I had to kind of walk myself through this to fully understand. When Patrice was ex-communicated; I jumped right in. I went from fan, to Hater #1 real quick. That was much easier though. That weirdo had been a super bitch to Danny. Keith and Chemda also had personal stories of how she had fucked them over - numerous times.

With Pat, I really wanted an actual female to go on record. Fuck that, I've been listening to Pat Dixon for years. I wanted like five gals in a row to come forward and tell their story. I know Chemda said he "made her feel weird" in the studio, but I don't know what that actually means. Pats a fucking weirdo. He's combative and would argue endlessly with both Keith and Chemda over nothing. He made it weird for everyone involved, but I thought that was his charm - supreme asshole.

Reading everyone's posts, (particularly the women folk) I can see how difficult it would be to come forward. I wouldn't want to be a female comic who got blacklisted by the Creek and the Cave, (Pat's self described home, that he resides at 4-5x/ wk) just because I went on a podcast and talked about how inappropriate he is.

It's sad how there's a disconnect between talking about sexual harassment and regular shitty co-workers. Everyone loves to unwind at the end of the day and bitch about their shitty co-workers. The stupid ones. The ones who slack off. The guy who acts like your boss etc I guess it's because I'm male. I never hear, "John is such a pervert. He keeps talking to me, staring at my tits and it totally creeps me out." Stuff like that seems to remain in female circles only.

This might be a stretch but I was thinking about Chelsea Handler and Kim Kardasian. Both are attractive women. Both successful. However. One of these women flaunts her body and keeps her mouth shut. One of them dresses sexy, but has a job where she speaks her mind. One of these gals is world famous and married to a celebrity. The other is single and often referred to as 'bitchy or a 'bitch.'

Outspoken women are rarely embraced. I'm not sure what this stems from. Men incapable of hearing? Or men who simply don't want to hear. Either way, it's a real problem.
The Girl, Jpinkee, skitzot and 3 others like this.