Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who wore it better?
Kim Kardashian 51 41.80%
Chelsea Handler 71 58.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree506Likes

Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 AM   #201 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghauck View Post
Holy Shit, KATG are the king of pop culture. Dictionary sites are already putting up new slang based on this.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/slang/Dixon

Quick summary, 'Dixon' is now slang for 'unwanted dick rubbing'.
...as in "his Dixon my back"

I listen to NYCCR now and again. The latest episode has Monica Hamburg from Dazed and Convicted podcast. Pat never let her get a word in. He even mentioned it himself towards the end, as he thanked her for coming along to listen to him ... or something like that. I was exercising, and could not multitask by listening as well (that's why it was not KATG I was listening to).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #202 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyria Abrahams View Post
This thread is everything that is wrong with our society today......

... why on earth should anyone except the people involved be discussing this right now? Why does some podcast fan in his bedroom in Idaho currently have a public opinion on someone they have never met? Why would any of you think even for a second this is moral in any way?

Pat's friends need to help him address what appears to be a problem.

The reason you see people expressing their opinions is that we all hear of this kind of stuff going on to people we do not know, and we think we can do nothing. It seems to be happening in our community - do we do nothing?

It may have been an asshole move to air the issue, but Keith's point is that the incident in the bar prompted him to shed light on the stories of Pat being wierd and unappropriate, that he had not addressed with Pat directly.

Something his real friends also do not appear to have spoken to him about.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:19 AM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
She obviously wasn't trying to hide her story but I can't find a single actual news outlet report on it.

What did Patrice O'Neal say about a white woman going missing? A NYC comic was kidnapped and escaped sex slavery and tells her story openly using her own name and not a single newspaper or news website reports it?
Fuck you for shitting on my dreams
Rufio and New here like this.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyria Abrahams View Post
Why does some podcast fan in his bedroom in Idaho currently have a public opinion on someone they have never met? Why would any of you think even for a second this is moral in any way?
And what of the fans who have met him and seen/experienced these actions in person?
Keith, skitzot, dcGirl and 3 others like this.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #205 (permalink)

I had no idea there was this suspicion that Mara Marek's kidnapping story was a hoax until I read this thread, so last night I went through and listened to both New York Crime Report episodes, watched the YKWD video, and read all the Reddit sleuthing stuff.

YKWD is where I first heard the story, back in December. The first New Yorkdfbvsal episode was in August and the kidnapping story took place in January. After watching the YouTube video for that YKWD episode, I don't think there's any chance that any of the regulars there were in on a hoax. She said it was 18 men on Pat's show and 32 on YKWD but it sounds like she actually meant 32 incidents with 18 men.

The Reddit sleuthing was mostly about the dates being wrong, and in the second Newywodvn episode she says she just did the math wrong on the months, which I think is reasonable. I was ready to believe it was a hoax after listening to that first episode, based on the absurd spy vs. spy stuff and the weird way Pat fed her details as if they were improving a story and he was doing most of the work. It makes sense to me that two comedians who I'm not familiar with could, in bad taste, concoct a Kaufmanesque hoax and have any intended humor fall flat. It doesn't make sense that they would double down with a second episode.

I don't really know if I completely believe it. What I do know is that if I don't believe it, that's not because Pat had a falling-out with podcast mommy and podcast daddy. That's fucking terrible.

For anyone interested, here are the links:

100% True with Mara Marek | Cave Comedy Radio
The Saga of Mara Marek: Part II | Cave Comedy Radio

Comedienne Mara Marek tells her story of being kidnapped from a Brooklyn cafe and forced into sex slavery last year : nyc

YKWD PODCAST: Shaky J Fox (Full Episode) - YouTube (at 2:03:50
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #206 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Agreed. I'm done w/ the Pee Dicks, but I listened to both those Mara Malek eps and feel she's legit. It's ridiculous to say that Pat Dixon staged that. He showed genuine concern and quite frankly, it's an incredible ep.

I can see how people perceive it to be untrue. It's a pretty crazy story. She got drugged/ kidnapped at like a coffee spot.

Goddamn. I really wish this fallout didn't happen. I saw Bill Cosby Silent on Rape Allegations in the news this morning. Which made me immediately think of Pat Dixon's silence on all this.

Just sucks. On all counts.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:31 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
What I do know is that if I don't believe it, that's not because Pat had a falling-out with podcast mommy and podcast daddy. That's fucking terrible.
My suspicion of the story has nothing to do with Pat's falling out with KATG. The people on reddit who didn't believe her story (from basically the moment it was posted) didn't doubt it because of some feud between Pat and KATG.

Apart from making a mistake on the months, why isn't her story on any news outlets? Did anybody in the comedy world tweet about her being missing before she escaped and returned?

When Jiwon Lee went missing it was in the news and mentioned by KATG before her body was found (and I think she was far less known in the comedy scene).

I don't know for a fact that it's not true but on what I have read I find it near impossible to believe her story and that has nothing to do with the end of Pat's and KATG's friendship.

But if we do look at Pat, listen to the first hour of the marathon when Pat talks about interviewing her, when he says "why would she lie" if you don't hear 3 pounds of sarcasm then we must not be listening to the same thing.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #208 (permalink)

Jiwon Lee was missing for like a month, and Mara Marek said they had her for 5 days.

Like I said, I was ready to believe it was a hoax after listening to Pat's first interview. His insincere tone makes everything sound like bullshit, and a lot of the intrepid details are hard to believe. I think it's more likely that she fudged or made up some of those details.
New here likes this.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #209 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Ya’ll got me all conflicted now. It would be SO incredibly egregious if this was meant to me a joke/hoax. I was totally engrossed in her story- how could anyone think this could be an acceptable form of entertainment if it is false? I get a man not caring how wrong this is… but a woman?? The evidence has me torn.

I want to believe it is true, but either way I feel shitty about it as a listener. Either I’m questioning a victim’s story based on the “sleuthing” of a bunch of jackasses or I am judging an alleged victim based on her associations with sexist creep.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
Jiwon Lee was missing for like a month, and Mara Marek said they had her for 5 days.
Jiwon Lee went missing on Apr 1 and there is an article on her disappearance on Apr 4.

But you still make a very good point, it is possible nobody realized Mara was missing for those 5 days.

No news articles from after her escape though is still hard for me to believe.