Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Ben Roethlisberger
Guilty 44 81.48%
Not guilty 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree63Likes

Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2090: Your Pad or Mine?

With Megan Gailey and Liza Treyger – Sex with football players; tampons vs. pads; oral sex with people you don’t like; creepy apartment supers; Choose Your Own Adventure creator dies; Bill Cosby asked about rape allegations; Ben Roethlisberger’s rape scandal; War Machine laughs in court; Amanda Bynes audio: she want to kill her dad; man blows himself up after family fight

Guests:
Liza Treyger

Megan Gailey

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to the latest developments in the ongoing saga that is Amanda Bynes, I was compelled to go to the news feeds to see where we're exactly at with Amanda-world.

I'm seeing reports that she has issued an apology for what she said in the recording and she has acknowledged (for the first time??) that she has a problem. The following statement was released by her management roughly 13 hours ago as I'm typing this;

"I am truly sorry for the statements I made. I am sorry for any pain I caused my family and others. I am thankful for everyone's patience and understanding. I never expected others to take advantage and profit from my condition. I'm disappointed with those who lulled me into a false sense of security only to find out they really are only interested in selling my privacy to the media."

It is clear to me that Ms. Bynes is seriously mentally ill and the recording carries all the hallmarks of rants I've heard dozens of times before from restrained patients in the E.R.'s in which I have worked. They are utterances from someone who has clearly shattered and it is going to take a monumental regimen of institutionalized therapy and care to repair the broken glass.

The profit driven rock spiders and hangers-on she has surrounded her with are only exacerbating her situation and I fear it will be a matter of time before she winds up dead in a ditch. It is too reminiscent of Brittany Murphy.

I only have a passing awareness of Amanda Bynes work. I've seen a couple of her movies and it seemed to me that she had a lot of talent and potential, moreso than a few of her contemporaries.

I really hope somebody swoops in and pulls her out of the shit stained hole she has fallen into.
Keith and phooey like this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 11-18-2014 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Seriously, what movies?

Try to type them before you look them up.

Ok. You can look them up.

What movies?

She probably thinks her real dad is the King of England.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Fuck it - I had to look 'em up!

What A Girl Wants from 2003. I only remembered that one because Colin Firth was in it and he played her father.

The other one - She's The Man from 2006. A forgettable cast and the whole disguising herself as a guy to get into some exclusive school thing.

They were pizza movies that I rented back when that was still a thing.

Don't fucken ask me why...I'm complicated enough as it is.

Still don't want her winding up dead but.
ImStillToni likes this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 11-18-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

By the way Keith - do you ever freaking sleep?? It's like 4AM up there!
phooey likes this.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I hear ya. We might as well PRETEND they could have been great.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am not saying anything about whether or not this football player has done anything wrong because I honestly don't care but WOW Keith some of the stuff you said in that discussion fell out your face barely 60 minutes after you said so much good stuff in the Pat episode.
You are giving me whiplash.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

I also don't remember/care about the movies she's been in but as a young'n, The Amanda Show was a big part of my Saturday morning TV-watching routine. Regardless, hope she gets help soon.
thirteen and jpj1421 like this.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I am not saying anything about whether or not this football player has done anything wrong because I honestly don't care but WOW Keith some of the stuff you said in that discussion fell out your face barely 60 minutes after you said so much good stuff in the Pat episode.
You are giving me whiplash.
the difference between Big Ben and Pat is that Keith actually has several accounts of Pat's actions. Keith said he needed some facts to make a decision. Why wouldn't he? Liza and Megan just twisted everything Keith was saying and getting angry about what they said Keith said which was different than what Keith actually said. Of course alleged victims need to prove their accusations in court because that's the entire point of our court system. Just because Keith is hesitant to say Ben is guilty because he hasn't seen any proof does not mean he is shaming the victims.
Keith and Jpinkee like this.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

The thing with girls liking "guy" things is that guys almost want to prove you're just pretending. I've gotten quizzed on comics and football before and I don't profess to know who the fuck was on the 78' dolphins lineup, but I can still enjoy having a conversation about the current season (go pats!) And I've embarrassed grown men who try to take me to task for reading comics. If you're a woman and you like malecentric things you have to know EVERYTHING to prove yourself to some people. It's a douche and insecure move.

I enjoyed half of this show.

And yes. You have to prove accusations. This isn't new. This is the law. You can't just go around saying he raped me and we have to automatically believe you.

I counted 37 likes.
Jpinkee and flerchin like this.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 11-18-2014 at 08:08 AM.