Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will the Cleveland Browns win Super Bowl XLIX?
Yes 5 11.36%
No 39 88.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes

Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

2097: Johnny Podcast

Johnny “Football” Manziel; Ray Rice’s suspension overturned; college football players being paid; Thanksgiving; the Ferguson verdict; Bill Cosby’s medical training; Pat Dixon criticism addressed; Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped; audience polls

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

goddamnit. i missed the liveshow. sorry for double posting something that's already been talked about. jinx, though.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Re: Paying College football players.

I was paid a stipend in college for research that I performed for the university. Had they not paid me, I would have started my own company instead and likely dropped out. Granted, the purpose of a university is education, not football, but the amateur rules barring the players from being compensated is just the NCAA being stingy.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda was joking about Keith trying "the local fare" from cities on the upcoming KATG tour. She mentioned Denver and Houston. Any updates on tweets from fans? Any cities nailed down for sure yet?

I can't imagine scheduling podcast guests, making Keith B-Day plans, planning a tour, and organizing a wedding. Chemda takes multi-tasking to new levels.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I've been wondering about this. Asking people to support a kickstarter without any idea whether the tour will visit a city close enough that they can see a show is a little shady imo.
Wow. Have you never heard an annual KATG Marathon? That's where part of the $ is going.

Also, (and maybe your question has some validity, but personally as a fellow fan, I think your post is pretty selfish and callous. KATG has 2,000+ shows. All of which were free. You come onto the forums, THAT's free.

Most importantly, it's KEITH AND THE GIRL 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY. If ever there were a time to show support for the show; now would be that time.

I live in Montana. 900 miles from Denver. About the same to Portland. It's a long, long way from everywhere. I didn't think about that though when I donated to the Kickstarter. There are two numbers of importance on that Kickstarter. The amount of $ raised AND # of backers. Both of which are low this year.

It's almost Christmas. Don't be stingy. Kick some dollars towards your favorite show. Others did.
Keith, The Girl and Tulipaloozi like this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 12-01-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Asking people to support a kickstarter without any idea whether the tour will visit a city close enough that they can see a show is a little shady imo.
I totally agree.

We need these cities to step forward and face their accusers before I'm going to believe Keith & Chemda (if that are their real names).
Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

"art"

Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I was paid a stipend in college for research that I performed for the university. Had they not paid me, I would have started my own company instead and likely dropped out. Granted, the purpose of a university is education, not football, but the amateur rules barring the players from being compensated is just the NCAA being stingy.
It's a fair point. Also, if the purpose of a university is education, why are universities getting together, forming an athletic body, building stadiums that can seat 100,000 people, and negotiating billion-dollar television contracts? If they're so concerned about the players getting a cut of the money, they could simply remove the professionalism component. Stop broadcasting the games, give the tickets out for free, stop selling merchandise, etc. They won't do that because they'd rather keep the money that the big-ticket sports bring in, but in that case, pay the players.
Keith and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I saw Pat when he came to Atlanta years ago and was with my partners. Pat said inappropriate things to me in front of them and made me feel uncomfortable and showed no respect to who I was standing with after I had introduced them.

It's only slander if it isn't true.

Amanda in Atlanta
Keith likes this.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
I saw Pat when he came to Atlanta years ago and was with my partners. Pat said inappropriate things to me in front of them and made me feel uncomfortable and showed no respect to who I was standing with after I had introduced them.

It's only slander if it isn't true.

Amanda in Atlanta
Did you let Pat know that your username is "CherryLavender"....?

Maybe you were giving off stripper vibes?