Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do the Cosby rape allegations ruin The Cosby Show for you?
Yes 25 58.14%
No 18 41.86%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree54Likes

Old 12-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2102: All Due Respect

With Josh Gondelman – Apple vs. Android; Pat Dixon on Legion of Skanks; Cops looking into Bill Cosby’s actions at the Playboy Mansion; Supreme Court deciding Freedom of Speech limits on Facebook; atheists can’t hold public office; going to the movies on Christmas; The Cake Boss receives a DWI; grandparents

Guest:
Josh Gondelman

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Legion of skanks is a horrible podcast. They're just trying to copy Robert Kelly's You Know What Dude. Big Jay Oakerson is the best thing about it and it sounds like he doesn't even want to be there sometimes. The other two are misogynistic pieces of shit. I wouldn't worry about anything that came from that show.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

The problem with the Pat Dixon issue is that without one victim (other than Chemda) coming forward, there are definitely going to be some people who won't believe you. And I think that, for all of Keith and Chemda's good intentions on bringing this up, you guys have somewhat over stated your case. The word "rape" comes up far too often in these discussions when you guys say yourselves that he's not raped anyone. You and the anonymous victims are saying he's sexually creepy, and that's as much as you've got. This is a perfectly good enough reason to stop endorsing him and you're well within your rights to call him out publicly for it, but the discussion has escalated to such a serious level that it's too easy for Pat and his defenders to shrug it off like they have on LoS.

It's telling that from the word go, Luis says you guys were full of shit. Jay backs away from this somewhat and says "we just agree with whoever is here" (which we all saw coming) but Pat was walking into a room full of friends who have now made the issue about him being a rapist. And he can shrug that off, avoiding the actual issues as he seems to be so skilled at. I'm sorry to say that KATG have lost this fight, the conversation has escalated too far and made it too easy for him to parry the hyperbole and not address the real concerns.

And it is saddening that not one woman has come forward with a first hand account of this shit, that would tip the argument dramatically against Pat. But right now publicly there's only hearsay. Hearsay from KATG, whom their audience believes (seriously, I believe you), but it's not evidence.

To follow on from what you were saying about Cosby this episode, rape culture is just as much propagated by women when they stay silent. Now, Cosby was a bigger deal in a different age, the likelihood of a woman coming forward on TV and getting to tell her story in the 80s or 90s would nave been zero. But on the Pat Dixon scale - it's perfectly possible for a woman to come on KATG (or her own podcast maybe) and say exactly what happened to an audience who would be sympathetic and credulous. That this hasn't happened yet is a real shame.
Los likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It fell by the wayside but I want you to know I laughed too long at Pugh/Pew (©MyqKaplan)
Old 12-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
I'm sorry to say that KATG have lost this fight, the conversation has escalated too far and made it too easy for him to parry the hyperbole and not address the real concerns.
I would do it all over again the same way.
Subsonix likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Did anyone else notice that Pat actually didn't answer the question as to whether or not he raped someone.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Is this the example Chemda was looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8kBgaZAAM
Old 12-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Can I just say that Luis Gomez rubs me the wrong way? Last time he was on KATG the whole thing felt like this fake nice thing he was doing. I've heard him on both Robert Kelly's show and legion of skanks, the guys a degenerate.
Subsonix, Scumhook and graceless like this.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Luis "MMA T-Shirt, Brah" Gomez taking the side of a misogynist? How could we not see this coming?
Los and robotparker like this.