Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Sony and the movie theaters have put out and shown The Interview anyway?
Yes 90 83.33%
No 18 16.67%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree48Likes

Old 12-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Back to the school thing that you mentioned on this episode: the amount of debt you have can be greatly minimized by how you live your student life and what you do. I was able to pay everything off within 4 years of graduating. Live with your parents if you have to. People complain all the fucking time about having so much debt, and then spend every day drinking and eating with buddies.

Keep this in mind: schools in Canada can be much cheaper than schools in the USA. Some people have about $20,000 debt by the time they graduate. It's generally NOT $80,000 for all 4 years here, unless you're doing a specialized program, living on your own and not managing your money properly, or have other obligations that you are forced to do / pay off.

I went to both university and trade school.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Why do people forget to mention they live in America's guest house when they correct us on what it's like living in America?
Old 12-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Another thing that's wrong with the USA.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What's college like in Italy? Maybe THAT'S where we were talking aboot.

Aye yie yie...
Old 12-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

I think this whole thing is ridiculous about Chemda's name. I personally physically cringe when I'm listening to a show and a brand new guest comes on and after someone (usually Keith) [I]has already said her name TWICE sometimes even, they go ahead and blow it anyway simply because they're not listening. I personally feel strongly that this is NOT a matter of the level of DIFFICULTY in her name, its the level of intelligence OF THE PEOPLE TRYING TO PRONOUNCE IT.

Here is why this makes NO sense. This to ME would be like someone saying "hello my name is Stan", and two seconds later I say :Hey, thanks for coming on the show, nice to meet you Steven". It has nothing to do with the level of difficulty in the name itself it's a simple matter of comprehension and of paying attention. I don't think it should matter if her name is Julie or Chemda.

Furthermore, I hate to say it but it is ALMOST ALWAYS MALE GUESTS who do the mispronouncing if memory serves, and as someone who has been in her physical presence before and has beheld all of the glory and magical energy in person that is Chemda, all I can say is that any man or woman who can't even bring themselves to pronounce her name correctly is a fucking moron. I also don't get it because the people who do it on the show don't notice that Keith is saying it totally differently? WTF! fer crying out loud.
Keith and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

great guest; great show. super solid, guys. well done.

i am super surprised, keet, at your stance on The Interview. we have the mightiest military in the entire world. if this is not something we can handle, if i'm being told we're not safe from foreign threat DESPITE all the homeland security bullshit we've had to swallow over the last decade, we've already lost.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If a theater of people seeing The Interview is shot up on Christmas Day as promised, would you still be happy about America's strong resolve?

In other words, will it be worth it?

Yes or no, please.

(I say no.)
Old 12-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sony is getting off pretty easy on this so far, I mean this is NOT the first time they as an entity have been hacked.

When their was a bunch of accounting fraud and hacks in the US, Sarbannes-Oxley was introduced which was a bunch of rules about business and accounting practices and fraud and stock etc. Publicly traded Companies can be audited etc. I see a bunch of beauracrats getting together and instituting some rules on computer security etc, in a similar manner to Sarbannes-Oxley.

Someone is going to make a shit lot of money off of this.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
If a theater of people seeing The Interview is shot up on Christmas Day as promised, would you still be happy about America's strong resolve?

Yes or no, please.

(I say no.)
Only Jews go to the theatre on Christmas Day. So only us Jews will be nervous about this.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Yes or no, please.

(I say no.)
we don't negotiate with terrorists. what happened to all them good guys with guns? strap 'em on rednecks. this is what all them trigger happy 2nd amendment folks have been dreaming of.