Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you understand why we were at war in Afghanistan?
Yes 20 44.44%
No 25 55.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes

Old 01-05-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2112: Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

With Chris Laker – Dieting; America’s war in Afghanistan ends; celebrating on New Year’s Eve; Keith vs. Somerset, PA; 166 vodka bottles filled with poison found in UK stores; Mark Wahlberg’s violent past; Transformers 4, Interstellar, and Unbroken; The Interview online; new Rambo movie; NYC cops vs. NYC’s mayor; celebrity sex freebie lists

Guest:
Chris Laker

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Good luck Chris. I went on the same diet in 2012 and dropped 45 pounds in 3 months and have kept most of it off since then. Meat, vegetables, and cheese. My wife could not believe it and called it a gourmet diet. I only had 2 real problems on the diet.

1. Planning meals. I think this is one of the three real culprits in the so-called "obesity epidemic" (the other two are corn syrup in everything and air conditioners that keep our bodies from having to regulate our body temperature). Just stopping to think about the nutritional value of a meal and preparing it is a healthy but time-consuming chore. I had never thought about it; I just ate when I was hungry and thankfully (quite possibly unfortunately) had the cash to buy whatever I wanted.

2. Alcohol. I don't have a drinking problem, but it's a problem not to drink in Ukraine. Ten U.S. holidays, ten Ukrainian holidays, birthdays every week with friends and co-workers. Public events with toasts and shots at the end. The only way the diet works is if there is no ethanol or carbs for your body to burn. Without them, your body MUST convert fat into glucose to keep your brain working. My solution was red wine (1/4 the calories of pure alcohols like vodka, gin and tequila) with a shot of vodka and a little lemon juice: a tasty, potent, low-carb drink.

I was literally (and I mean that in the 2012 version of the word) having withdraws from not having carbs for the first 5 days. After that, I swear that cucumbers tasted like candy. When you deprive your body of sugar, any sugar tastes sweet, even if it's in a vegetable.

I'm going back on it now because I want to lose another 30 pounds and see if I can fit into the tuxedo I wore at my wedding when I was 20. I'll post a pic this summer once I reach my goal.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Can we see what you look like now (literally)? I think I'm in.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So basically he is on the Atkins/low carb diet that was super popular 10 years ago? Or does it have a new trendy name now?
Old 01-06-2015, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Can we see what you look like now (literally)? I think I'm in.
Me at age 20 in my tuxedo at 230 pounds.

Me at age 34 at 350 pounds. I took all of these from facebook and I can log out of my account and click the link, but it won't appear on its own like the other 2.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...e02b50b87ae9f8
Me now at age 38 at 290 pounds.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 01-06-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Ok, I'll do it. I substitute salt for all sugars though...
Old 01-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Chris Laker. Possibly the greatest TV with James L Maddern podcaster of this milennium.

fucking great guest. fucking great comedian. fucking great bloke.

fucking great ep. nice job K&C. welcome to 2015.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

We want police to stop being racist. Quit killing unarmed citizens. We want them to quit abusing their authority and the power, (we as tax payers) give to them.

Let me tell you something. Yelling "Fuck You" and giving them the finger, is no way to obtain these goals. These are people at work. Would you like someone to randomly yell shit while you work?

Here's solid advice. Always use "Yes sir" and "No sir" when dealing with a cop. Show nothing but respect and courtesy. The difference it makes is huge. I've literally avoided multiple felonies using this tact.

Also I love Chris Laker. Tremendous ep.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
So basically he is on the Atkins/low carb diet that was super popular 10 years ago? Or does it have a new trendy name now?
Paleo or ketogenic they're basically the same thing but with key minute diferences.

I've never had a problem with losing weight but my weight does fluctuate a lot. But even when I'm at my heaviest (around 200lbs) people still call me skinny.
The best results I ever had with getting in shape was going a strict diet; every meal was spinach or broccoli, a protein source (usually just ground beef) and some black beens along with a protein shake the only other thing I allowed myself to drink was water. While doing the insanity workout. I was sexy as fuck, but couldn't maintain it for long at all. But that was more due to unrelated depression issues.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Paleo or ketogenic they're basically the same thing but with key minute diferences.
No clue about the ketogenic but I am pretty sure there is no cheese allowed in the Paleo diet so that can't be it
The Girl likes this.