Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith and The Girl fear for their lives?
Yes 8 10.13%
No 71 89.87%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
*cough* crusades, inquisition, witch trials, missionary work that wasn't always quite voluntary conversion, ... *cough*
crusades - last one was in the 15th century
inquisition - ended in the 1830's
witch trials 1693 (I assume you mean the Salem ones)

missionary work I'll grant you - especially the shady shit going on in various African nations - banning homosexuality and the like

all the major religions have hateful shit in their manuals, but the only ones currently acting on it, on a major scale are the salafists

I say lets work big to small and focus on the biggest fire - if the Quakers start some shit, I'm all for smacking them around as well
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
crusades - last one was in the 15th century
inquisition - ended in the 1830's
witch trials 1693 (I assume you mean the Salem ones)

missionary work I'll grant you - especially the shady shit going on in various African nations - banning homosexuality and the like

all the major religions have hateful shit in their manuals, but the only ones currently acting on it, on a major scale are the salafists

I say lets work big to small and focus on the biggest fire - if the Quakers start some shit, I'm all for smacking them around as well
Shitty people do shitty stuff and they will always find a reason for it.

It just drives me completely nuts when the claims are 'Christians have thou shalt not kill' but look at these brutal religions obviously they are all assholes but we would never do that kind of stuff
Old 01-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
French police units should consist of three terminators and twelve ninjas right Chemda?

We Christians have the commandment "Thou shall not kill". But with Muslims the rule is join us or die.

Would you do the hide the coin trick around Jewish kids?
It's "Thou shall not [murder]" Meaning, an unjust killing. There's plenty of righteous killing allowed in the beautiful Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Very good.

Any senseless murder being done in the name of atheism? Anyone losing family members to atheists screaming "All Praise to Christopher Hitchens" as they murder artists, writers, and political figures?
Not in the name of atheism but humans kill others for power and control. There are many ways to persuade people to kill others for you. Look at nationalism/patriotism and Nazi Germany. I don't believe religion was a factor in convincing the German people to go to war.

Also, see what China is up to with its expansionism plans. Nothing to do with religion yet they will still send people to kill for power and control.

Again, I'm all for a world without religion, I'd love to see it, but that won't mean killings will stop.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
Look at nationalism/patriotism and Nazi Germany. I don't believe religion was a factor in convincing the German people to go to war.
Actually, and since WSEIII brought up Christianity, it was Christianity publicly claiming Jews were devils responsible for all the ills of the world that helped Hitler make his initial anti-Semitic points.
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah. I can see the power and control thing. I mean, look at these Middle Eastern countries that hate us, (and the western world). They're sitting in the desert wondering why Allah promised them the world, and they ain't got shit.

I'm just so fed up with religion. It's affected my family. It's affecting my country. It's a big factor in why the world is so fucked right now.

I hear ya though.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
French police units should consist of three terminators and twelve ninjas right Chemda?

We Christians have the commandment "Thou shall not kill". But with Muslims the rule is join us or die.

Would you do the hide the coin trick around Jewish kids?
You do understand that the old testament is the same across all three religions right?
Old 01-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whether you acknowledge it or not Keith, you and Chemda are freedom fighters every time you turn on your microphone and speak your personal thoughts and feelings into it. I am hesitant to use the slippery slope illustration because of its overuse, but it is important to acknowledge that the content of what is trying to be suppressed by terrorists is irrelevant. It is not as far of a stretch as you state you believe it is from what you and Chemda do, to what a satirical magazine prints, to what a satirical movie presents.

If chipping away is allowed to any degree of your protection under the First Amendment, i.e. not showing a terrible movie about Kim Jong-un, there undoubtedly will be a trickle down effect. And I can't navigate Atlanta traffic without you. So, keep on fighting the good fight.

It is quite fitting that Voltaire who was a French author and satirist said "'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Amanda in Atlanta
MichaelApproved and flerchin like this.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I'm just so fed up with religion. It's affected my family. It's affecting my country. It's a big factor in why the world is so fucked right now.
Maybe you should spend less time looking at the church and more time looking in the mirror...
Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #29 (permalink)

Too many are missing the the point of free speech, thinking it as a right meant only for 'political discourse.'

The true purpose of freedom of speech is to protect the freedom of thought.

Too many want self-censorship, just like the shooters, they want the people they disagree with to shut up.

But giving in to a bully’s demand is not ethical, and it is not moral.

And suggesting that any idea or set of ideas can be free from criticism is not on any level, legal or moral.

Their goals are the same, both shooters and censors, only their methods are different.

They think that while everyone has a legal right to insult any religion, no one has a moral right to do so.

It is clear that they want religion and religious people to receive special treatment.

Religion is an idea or set of ideas that cannot be free from criticism on any level, legal or moral.

This suggests that the special treatment of religious ideas, such as 'blasphemy, vicarious redemption, heaven and hell, original sin, etc.' cannot withstand criticism.

It suggests that without that protection, religion crumbles.

To quote Benjamin Franklin - "When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its professors are obliged to call for help of the civil power, 'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one."
Old 01-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

Put them all in ovens.

Free speech.