Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: After seeing the pictures, did you find it odd that the girl's mother posted them?
Yes. I agreed with Keith. 83 50.61%
No. I agreed with Chemda. 81 49.39%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree184Likes

Old 01-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #121 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

LOTCR, I gotta agree with you here on all points. I mean I was on it at 12 and there was no stopping that or going back I don't know HOW Keith did it.

Parenting is HAR-RED, ppl are very very judgy about it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:22 PM   #122 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We get it. You're an animal.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:11 AM   #123 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think the biggest sticking point in this debate for people is whether or not the pictures are "sexy". Let's just assume they are "sexy" to make things easier. Keith is saying that he finds it weird for a mother to post "sexy" pictures of her daughter (at an age where she is legal and sexual BTW). Keith has this antiquated notion about parents having some sort of weird double standard about their kid's sexuality. They want their kid to have a fulfilling sexual life, but let's not talk about it. He thinks the mother should not be promoting her daughter's sexuality. And he thinks it just ends there. Chemda is saying that belief goes much deeper and affects culture much more negatively than Keith realizes. It perpetuates the taboo of sexuality. This weird non-discussion about your child's sexuality is what leads to teens committing suicide because they are stuck in the closet. Or Lauren having to spend years and years of her life to figure out that she was transgender. Keith is saying that the mother should not acknowledge that the daughter is a sexual being, and Chemda is saying that antiquated notion of thinking is a huge problem for society for numerous reasons. It continues the divide between open sexual discussions and society. It strengthens the negative bias towards "non-normal" sexualities (gay, lesbian, BDSM, or anything else that is unfortunately taboo right now, and yes gay/lesbian is taboo in the majority of 'Merica). It makes "slut-shaming" and "cat-calling" and "blaming the rape victim" acceptable (look what she dresses like, what does she expect to happen). Parents are saying to their children, keep your sexuality secret, and I'll do the same back to you. We'll just pretend that neither of us have sex and that it is not a huge part of life. So the taboo continues. And legalizing gay marriage continues to be a debate, because only unspoken "christian normal" sexuality is what the children grow up understanding from their parents.

I can see why Chemda get's so infuriated. She completely understands the situation, and Keith unfortunately has not seen it yet. But Keith is the one shutting Chemda down like she is dumb or goofy. Meanwhile it's Keith that doesn't have a grasp of the full situation, and even goes to say he understands it and somehow Chemda is the one not listening. That would obviously piss off Chemda. It's like knowing the grass is green and someone constantly telling you it's red.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #124 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thanks! I think you solved it! Great timing!
Scumhook likes this.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #125 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, sorry, I'm way behind on shows. I'm trying to catch back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #126 (permalink)

Good luck on the marathon! Only 6 1/2 hours away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Old 01-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #127 (permalink)

I've really enjoyed this discussion, both on the show and here
and it got me to read the forums again
neat

in the end i guess i *get* both sides

keith's reaction is pretty much the typical reaction one would expect today. we are currently in a world where women are objectified, so selfies of a pretty woman are judged to be vain and lesser than other ways of portraying themselves.

chemda's reaction is the one i would hope we would have. where a picture is a picture and piling on judgement, especially when it's loaded towards a mom and a daughter, would just not happen.

anyways

MARATHON FUCK YA
Old 01-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #128 (permalink)

First the Netflix conspiracy theories, then the weed-does-nothing-wrong-at-all speeches now this.

And by posting this I'm obviously antifeminist and just trying to bring chemda down.