Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith ever get his MRI?
Yes 29 50.88%
No 28 49.12%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 02-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
rape is already illegal. should be. we're discussing consenting adults for this particulars of this. where this gets sticky, for me, is defining this adult consensual act as rape if there isn't any exploitation or coercion happening, also already crimes.

we've already put struts in place to protect victims. who in this scenario gets to be the criminal? the older person? then why do we have ages of consent. the man? that's sexist as fuck and takes away a woman's own sexual agency.

i get there's authority issues, but for an adult, that is not crime. fucking your married boss isn't a crime also. fucking your best friend's 19 year old is not a crime. this isn't an advocation of their social OKness by any stretch, but we're talking about putting two people in jail. or we pick one to be the criminal and the other to be the victim. guess how that genders down?

two grown persons with all their faculties can consent to whatever sexually. even if it's socially or biologically inappropriate. doesn't make it right. doesn't make it moral. doesn't make it a crime.

nobody. the issue is if the state should meddle in the bedrooms of grown up people.
Although I still don't agree, I see your point. Portugal (even being the arsehole of Europe) still only meddles with adoption by gay couples and even that will be over soon. I'm speaking from a place of freedom when it comes to state interference so I see that one could feel opressed.

Still find incest icky. Surprisingly enough my husband just told me he gets your points. Go figure. *hides the child*
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I don't know what I'd do if I found out my wife was okay with adult incest. I guess I'd make myself believe she was just saying that to be liberal and didn't really mean it.

"If we broke up would you date our son?"

"Well maybe. I guess it'd depend."

Would that be the conversation? Jesus...
Old 02-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't know what I'd do if I found out my wife was okay with adult incest. I guess I'd make myself believe she was just saying that to be liberal and didn't really mean it.

It was more like "well... if I never met my mom and she was hot..." and then I reminded him of what his mom actually looks like and he almost barfed. So yes, I'm sure he's trying to be more liberal than he is.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
... who in this scenario gets to be the criminal? ...
Both of them. Mutual restraining orders and counselling minimum.

The whole time Keith read the story I was waiting to hear that it was a prank. Why would the daughter reveal all that info? Didn't she say that they were going to try and have kids? BOTH OF THEM AND QUICKLY!

Does she look like her mother did 18 years ago so for the dad it's getting to be with the woman again that he found hot back in the day?
Keith likes this.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
Go figure. *hides the child*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

hey, man, just 'cause i don't think it should be a crime doesn't mean i'm advocating the practice. i went to school with inbred kids; seen their squinty eyed mamas with their squinty eyed babies on their hips barefoot in the gas station, all of 'em. you didn't want to be related to a Howard, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
Both of them. Mutual restraining orders and counselling minimum.
i don't agree with punitive action, but if i did, that's a really lovely response. simple, addresses the issues, seeks help. very cools.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
you didn't want to be related to a Howard, kwim?
I love your fun use of words. It's like poetry. But what's kwim?

When you see these inbred fucked-up families, you never thought, "Wow. There outta be a law..."

Which again, to be clear, there is.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

kwim is 'know what i mean.'

not really. i often thought, though, it was weird when white people inbred they got almond shaped, hooded eyes.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I voted to make it against the law, although I sympathize with the view to keep the law out of the consenting adult bedroom.

The reason I think it should be kept illegal is that some people have to be protected from themselves. Any toothless redneck who spits out the phrase "Tain't no law against furkin' ma daughter" is probably not going to appreciate the extreme possibility of fathering a genuine retard due to genetic complications.

If you want to break the law ... go ahead. People break the law every day. People speed in their cars, take illegal drugs, jay-walk, jump turn-styles etc. If there's no law, there's no way to protect a VICTIM. If there is no incest law, predatory sex within a family could not be punished if the predator claimed that his daughter or niece was a consenting adult.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
If there is no incest law, predatory sex within a family could not be punished if the predator claimed that his daughter or niece was a consenting adult.
i think the investigation process from a regular ole rape charge would substantiate both those things.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
i think the investigation process from a regular ole rape charge would substantiate both those things.
Yes, the rape charges thing always goes so well. #victimshaming
FingerLakes likes this.