Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Fuck Eddie Murphy?
Yes 75 88.24%
No 10 11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

Old 02-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Who are we shitting on, invader, for not showing up?

Or is that not a fair comparison cause Eddie is just so beyond?

He tricked you, and he's still tricking you.

Edited to add: I just realized what I'm doing. A loved one of yours died, and you're in denial, and I'm telling you to get over it.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Keith; 02-24-2015 at 11:05 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Who are we shitting on, invader, for not showing up?

Or is that not a fair comparison cause Eddie is just so beyond?

He tricked you, and he's still tricking you.
I'm speaking generally. I'm also not sure how he's tricking me since I never stated how I feel about him. I just don't feel; "fuck this guy for not doing the things that other people praise him for." Even if he came out and said that his first two stand ups were an apparition and he isn't funny And isn't a standup. People would still just say he's being modest. There's no way for him to win so he doesn't bother. At least that's my opinion of it.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Jeopardy sketch was great, can't beat Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery, golden as always! I remember Maya Rudolph playing an awesome Diana Ross in prison in a live link on the weekend update with Tina Fey, I just remember her going "Tinaaaaaa" and laughing my balls off.
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Lady Gaga and Julie Andrews ruled the Oscars.

haha, enjoyed that Budapest moment
Old 02-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I thought Eddie's entire appearance, including his comments to the cameraman were part of a bit that goes back to the years he refused to come back to SNL due to the David Spade snip. No one other than the media hyped up his return to SNL, but it was never stated he was performing, kwim? Nor was it his fault that they showed no clips (unless he got Lorne to agree). He came out, appeared, and left. So what? But I loved hearing how pissed Keith was about it.

I really wish they would have let Jay Pharoah play Jay with Rudolph's Beyonce.
da_ticklah likes this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Movie 43 was indeed hilarious.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Man, R.I.P. Harris. I was relistening to the You Made It Weird episode he was on just the other day before I heard about his death. #humblebrag

Seriously though, funny dude. He will be missed.
Bucho, lizsquiz and dannyhatch like this.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
It was never stated he was performing, kwim? He came out, appeared, and left. So what?
That's right. Nothing weird at all. He said he would appear. He didn't say he'd juggle! He appeared and did nothing. So what?

Who else appeared and did nothing in the entire 3 1/2 hours that the SNL special took place?

No one, kwim?

And which of those other people that did nothing made it all about them and -

Oh right. We already said no one.
iheartnihilism and lizsquiz like this.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm just curious - they leaked the who's showing up list a while before the show. 50+ people were on it but they never stated who was performing (Ferrell) versus who was giving an intro (Rock) versus who was just going to stand on stage for applause like a douchecanoe (Murphy). John Lovitz pretty much did the same thing Eddie did really (with even less camera time), so there you go.

You assume too much. Damned white privilege! Actually, didn't you admit on this show you also assumed something about a film and you were in fact wrong? Look, if a nukka say he's not going to do some shit ever again and then becomes a millionaire, there is no need for him to ever do that shit again. We had no idea last week that the reason Eddie didn't do more was that he refused to play Cosby in Celebrity Jeopardy and thats all that he was in, that one sketch. But i guess my not assuming he was going to perform was why i was more than ok with his appearance.

When you stated the fact you are more than a comedian than Eddie, i damned near died because its actually true and i never thought of it that way. Humorous and factual, look at that. This, my friend, is why i totally consider you a comedian, Finnegan and his little dog be damned.

Last edited by ImStillToni; 02-24-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: lack of autocorrect
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

you really hurt your argument greatly by throwing the words white privilege in there. really? were talkin about a "legendary" comedian going on a comedy show and not performing comedy. where the hell does the white privilege come from?? And you countered your own point pointing out The Interview because that is a clear example that the man is an extremely harsh critic, but keeps an open mind going into things.