Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2137: Mrs. Hennessy Returns (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2137-mrs-hennessy-returns-19151/)

Keith 03-04-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robotparker (Post 840001)
I grew up in a VERY rural part of Georgia, so of course I knew all about that word. But my girlfriend, who grew up in Las Vegas, had honestly never heard it before this episode.

Right, which means that she doesn't go around saying it.

robotparker 03-04-2015 01:50 PM

Yeah, and to be clear: Kristi Capel is absolutely a liar.

Mark Sandiego 03-06-2015 01:56 AM

Rosa's comment that color only exists in our brain is not entirely accurate. The dress in the news article reflects specific wavelengths of light that can me measured with instrumentation. Each wavelength can be assigned a color name. Similarly you can use photoshop to just take a sample of the picture of the dress and this will give a numeric value corresponding to a color. So color can and does exist independent of our brain or experience of it. The confusion comes when our eyes lack the proper cone receptors to accurately interpret the wavelength. The reality is that that there are many wavelengths of light that we cannot see at all, not because they don't exist but because we lack the proper receptors to detect them. Examples would be infrared light or ultraviolet light. Though our eyes and brains cannot see these colors, our electronic devices can.

Hennessy 03-09-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 839944)
Patricia Arquette may have had a wonky speech, but let's not forget that she was great back in the day in True Romance; as well as recently in Board Walk Empire. Those tits are truly incredible and timeless.

This was a great ep. Nice to hear Chemda and Keith both back in the studio. I really liked Rosa's call in. Not so sure about dEad's. I didn't know when you call in and sound like a creepy stalker, (and so nervous you start to panic) that the go-to move, was to shit on me.

"Uhhh Uhhh. I stood next to Chemda, back in 2006...but I didn't say hello...uhhh uhhh. Fuck Piffle! Am I right? Uhhh uhhh..."

dEad. I like you. If you are going to shit on me though, I do ask that you make it more funny. Perhaps less pathetic. This is, (after all) a comedy show.

Peace and Love. Peace and Love.

My goodness! So sassy.

Hennessy 03-09-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 839987)
also
I've never in my life heard the word jigaboo. When i heard the reporter say it I immediately just though of "bugaboo" ala Destiny's Child. I assumed she was trying to sound hip until Keith expanded on what was happening

Not saying she didn't know what she was saying; just an observation on my part. Thank goodness I grew up in the north I guess.

Emmy Pellot taught me what jigaboo was. I was immediately sad that it was something terrible. Probably the most fun word I've ever said in my life. White people. This is why we can't have nice things.

Rosa 03-10-2015 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego (Post 840097)
Rosa's comment that color only exists in our brain is not entirely accurate. The dress in the news article reflects specific wavelengths of light that can me measured with instrumentation. Each wavelength can be assigned a color name. Similarly you can use photoshop to just take a sample of the picture of the dress and this will give a numeric value corresponding to a color. So color can and does exist independent of our brain or experience of it. The confusion comes when our eyes lack the proper cone receptors to accurately interpret the wavelength. The reality is that that there are many wavelengths of light that we cannot see at all, not because they don't exist but because we lack the proper receptors to detect them. Examples would be infrared light or ultraviolet light. Though our eyes and brains cannot see these colors, our electronic devices can.

You're wrong. I'm sorry. Wavelengths are not colored. This is a common misconception. When I'm not so busy writing an academic research article about this fucking dress for a fancy peer-reviewed journal I will come back here and explain to you why.

Scumhook 03-10-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosa (Post 840242)
Wank wank wank I think I'm smart wank wank wank

Go fuck yourself.

Anyone who says they like you is lying to avoid dealing with your bullshit.

Sparrow 03-10-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 840248)
Go fuck yourself.

oh, sweetheart, we all already decided Rosa was the height of tits and cool. i mean, she's wicked smart and all, but she dropped into chat for the first time during the marathon and spent the better part of it topless dropping mad facts and making kick ass jokes. when you other assholes, who /say/ you love this place, decide to contribute to the team in a similarly open, intelligent, and genital manner, you can swing your dicks around, too. until then be a good, sweet boy to Miss Rosa.

dannyhatch 03-10-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Go fuck yourself.

I like her a lot.

Rosa 03-10-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks for the feedback scum

I hope you catch aids fucking shitty hookers under your bridge, troll