Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is #dancingman a good idea?
Yes 23 35.94%
No 41 64.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree29Likes

Old 03-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

how'd I get into K & tG?

I guess I missed the nostalgia train but I've been listening to KATG for about a year and change. First heard Chemda on the JVClub podcast and was like "I like jews! And people who talk frankly about their awkward teenage years and sexual awakenings!"
Then I saw you all at the NYPodfest 2 years back and have basically been listening ever since.
The Girl and devohawk like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

I missed it too. I believe I got into the show within the first year of it's existence. I was a filthy Dawn & Drew listener and decided to check KATG out when they got mentioned on there at some point. Long story short, after about a week of KATG, I never went back. The quality (audio and content wise) was just so far and above that it made The Dawn and Drew Show unlistenable.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Fuuuck Youuu and welcome to the forums! Roboevan

I can see peoples point but why not have the dance party at a bigger venue, invite everybody and change the focus to living a healthy lifestyle. This guy may be overweight because of a pituitary gland problem.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Is that from your research on pituitary glands?

Can you explain it? Does the pituitary gland inadvertently shove cake in your mouth?

"Maybe like the movie Seven someone is making him eat beyond his natural functions..."
Roboevan and theycallmepyro like this.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoKill View Post
I missed it too. I believe I got into the show within the first year of it's existence. I was a filthy Dawn & Drew listener and decided to check KATG out when they got mentioned on there at some point. Long story short, after about a week of KATG, I never went back. The quality (audio and content wise) was just so far and above that it made The Dawn and Drew Show unlistenable.
I too was a filthy Dawn and Drew listener. Somewhere in 2008 I was looking for new podcasts and KATG was at the top of some listing (podcast alley I think) and I had heard about the podshow contract thing. After a couple of episodes of KATG I was SO turned off by Dawn and Drew's lack of quality and substance that I too never looked back.
devohawk likes this.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Fuuuck yoouuu too, and thanks.

But also for the record, I don't think this guy has a gland problem, he probably has a big mac problem.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Just a quick note: women do commit domestic violence. In fact, lesbians are more likely to commit domestic violence against a partner than men are. Also, in heterosexual relationships, men and women are about equally likely to hit their partner - although men who are hit are probably less injured and less likely to report it (both because the injury is less significant and because it's embarrassing for a man to admit that he can't handle a woman's physical aggression).

Regarding lesbian domestic violence:

> "The National Violence Against Women survey found that 21.5 percent of men and 35.4 percent of women living with a same-sex partner experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetimes, compared with 7.1% and 20.4% for men and women, respectively, with a history of only opposite-sex cohabitation... These studies refute the myths that only straight women get battered, that men are never victims, and that women never batter."

2 Studies That Prove Domestic Violence Is an LGBT Issue | Advocate.com

In other words:
- 7.1% of heterosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 20.4% of heterosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 21.5% of homosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 35.4% of homosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.

And another quote:

"About 17-45% of lesbians report having been the victim of a least one act of physical violence perpetrated by a lesbian partner" Source: https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawpreven...actsheet.shtml
Roboevan likes this.

Last edited by MrBrit; 03-10-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

"inside all that fat is a real person ... maybe he's a serial killer" - Troy Conrad.

My view is that putting this fatty dance party together is a great idea. Get the word out on this guy.

And good to know Troy reads the forums - great show man.

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 03-11-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

Last year shortly after crossing the street I heard "fat fuck" yelled at me from a passing car. That was bad.

A hot chick in the vicinity then approached me to say "I'm sorry you had to experience that." That was worse.

Keith is right. Plucking this guy from obscurity and surrounding him with your hotness then sending him back to his crappy life does him no favors.

While we're on the topic, I feel that there have been gradual changes in how this show addresses race and sex issues, but "fat" is the one label that can still be used to diminish a person. I have heard many variences of this argument used: "Who would choose to be gay? It can be such a hard life." Why doesn't that apply to fat people? We're aware of your judgment and disgust, vocalized or not. Many of us have made many attempts to lose weight but there are genetic and psychological components to this issue that are easy to scoff at. I'm fine with discussions on health issues but repeated use of terms like "fatty" and worse seems to go against the progressive nature of your conversation.

Thanks - the fact that the fatties continue to listen says a lot about how funny this show is.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What are your genetic and phychological components?