Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2143: Ten Years Down (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2143-ten-years-down-19166/)

kevinquinn 03-11-2015 11:34 AM

Genetics - both parents being heavy might have an impact. Actually, that applies to psychology too.

Sinatra says "Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels."

Of the many possibilities for things to lean on in a Godless life, I'm not sure food is the worst.

Thanks for asking.

Lanfear 03-11-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidimetoloves (Post 840328)
Genetics - both parents being heavy might have an impact. Actually, that applies to psychology too.

Sinatra says "Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels."

Of the many possibilities for things to lean on in a Godless life, I'm not sure food is the worst.

Thanks for asking.

I'm not a skinny bitch myself by any means and I am not trying to be in attack mode but I really have to disagree with you here.

Unless we talk real physiological problems I am quite certain heavy parents = heavy kid is more nurture than nature. So nope that's not genetics.

Enunciated Piffle 03-11-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidimetoloves (Post 840315)
I heard "fat fuck" yelled at me from a passing car. That was bad.

I'm looking at your post and thinking about my own experiences with hard drugs and over-eating. I grew up super skinny, (like sickly skinny) but after shooting drugs it somehow fucked up my metabolism. I began to gain weight. Also when you quit drugs; you usually substitute that craving for drugs with food.

What I'm about to say may sound harsh, but I hope you listen.

Nobody is designed to be obese. It's unnatural. It's hard on your bendy parts. It makes moving around difficult and sex impossible. In many ways, it's a lot like shooting drugs. You begin to lose touch with what everyone else is enjoying in life. You feel ugly. Ashamed. You don't want to be around others.

Drug addiction and food addiction are similar in that your reward system is all fucked up. You begin to rely on that bag full of fast food, (or fast dope) to feel good. And it becomes routine. It's important to realize that cycle. Then break it.

Whenever you're sitting in your car, waiting in line to get that cheeseburger. Recall those mean nasty comments. "You're fat!" Getting called a fatty should be your mantra. Replay it over and over in your head. Use that pain and shame and guilt to motivate you. Quit eating fast food. Start going on walks. Join a gym. There's ones that are 24 hour and you can go late when no ones there if that's an issue.

Drug and food addiction exists because all too often no one talks about it. I hope you find your motivation because I can tell you honestly and seriously, you don't have to live this way. There are choices. Figure out the correct ones and do more of them.

Good luck :)

Enunciated Piffle 03-11-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 840340)
Unless we talk real physiological problems I am quite certain heavy parents = heavy kid is more nurture than nature. So nope that's not genetics.

Agreed.

My best friend growing up was obese. His whole family was huge. I loved eating there, lol.

I remember when he was like 20 and moved out on his own he began to lose weight. He told me he had no idea that water tasted so good! His family always had soda. They'd go to Meijer's and buy cases and cases. Fill up the garage with that shit. He also started eating less processed food.

If your family over eats; you over eat. It's that simple. Don't buy the lie, "Oh it's genetic" because that makes an improvable situation: impossible.

Mattman 03-13-2015 03:07 AM

I know I am overweight because I eat and drink too much. I'm not obese, but belly fat is really difficult to shift unless you really cut down on food and exercise more. Particularly at my age.

theycallmepyro 03-13-2015 04:03 AM

One of my favourite bands had to start referring to themselves as "Isis the band". They broke up in 2010 and are still getting shit about their name.

Isis (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New here 03-13-2015 05:29 AM

First time I stumbled on KATG they were talking a lot about music and I wasn't looking for a music focused show but I'm glad I kept listening!

kevinquinn 03-17-2015 01:41 PM

a good healthy fat shaming

Sue Sylvester gets the last word.

devohawk 03-17-2015 08:53 PM

- 7.1% of heterosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 20.4% of heterosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 21.5% of homosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 35.4% of homosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.

I know men are less likely to report, but plenty of women are, too, so the statistics are unreliable. I know I took a speeding ticket rather than tell the cop I was "in a hurry" because my husband wouldn't believe I worked late.

On weight: my ex's family are ALL large people. They even gave each other a hard time about being fat. My daughter was heavy as a child and her great-grandmother suggested I look into a brand of clothing called "Husky". I thought maybe she should stop offering my daughter greasy food every time she walked through the room. Immediately after her great-grandmother died my daughter started slimming down, the family even became concerned that she was anorexic. She never got to an anorexic size, 7 years later she's still a healthy weight, not skinny but not fat. This has caused me to believe it's more nurture than nature.

iheartnihilism 03-18-2015 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 840262)
You know that God is bullshit.

This is true.