Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Fraternities
Thumbs up 9 14.75%
Thumbs down 52 85.25%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree65Likes

Old 03-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
At what age is it okay to publicly write, as well as add the @s of the dad and daughter, that you will rape them?

We can keep being a pussy like John Harvey above who says it's complicated, or we can solve some things.

I say no age, but if we're talking about age, let's discuss. Obviously everything is case by case, but in general, is 16 okay?
oh, i'm not devil's advocating the gross twittering. this time.

my beef's with ole John Harvey. this chick is for sure on the receiving end of some gross bullshit, but that isn't reason to see her as a child. she's a young woman being harassed, not a child. i know we like to say that to make it seem worse, but it takes away something from her as a person, i think.

being a legit victim doesn't strip you of your agency. let's not do it for her.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

OK Sparrow I agree with you, sorry for using the 'little girl' phrase, it was poorly chosen. I work in a school and so to me, 17 year olds still look like kids to me but that's no real excuse.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
At what age is it okay to publicly write, as well as add the @s of the dad and daughter, that you will rape them?

We can keep being a pussy like John Harvey above who says it's complicated, or we can solve some things.

I say no age, but if we're talking about age, let's discuss. Obviously everything is case by case, but in general, is 16 okay?
Was talking about this with my wife tonight, she came up with the best solution I've heard - if someone is sending rape threats they're likely immature, so tell their mums on them.
Keith and My Sweaty Balls like this.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

C'Mon John - now you're infantilising young men
Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Here's a groundbreaking idea for anyone getting "harassed" on the internet - DON'T CHECK YOUR TWITTER FEED FOR A FEW DAYS. Or skim over the "offensive" posts, or go for a fucking walk and leave your smartphone at home.

By that time, it will have all blown over and there'll be someone else getting offended about something someone wrote.

It's just words on a screen. No one is up in her face screaming that they're going to rape her.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

in our digital age, it's really silly to consider this manner of threat any less serious than face to face. the cowards that would like to, but wouldn't have the balls to have a screen to hide behind now. get with the times.
Keith likes this.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
OK Sparrow I agree with you, sorry for using the 'little girl' phrase, it was poorly chosen. I work in a school and so to me, 17 year olds still look like kids to me but that's no real excuse.
oh, for sure. and i totally get the impetus; this guy's a creeper weirdo adult going after someone's daughter out of the blue through twitter. it's extreme and our nature in dealing with these kinds of things is to extreme out all points. i'm a persnickety bitch about language anyway; the way in which we tell our stories is important. thanks for obliging.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
in our digital age, it's really silly to consider this manner of threat any less serious than face to face. the cowards that would like to, but wouldn't have the balls to have a screen to hide behind now. get with the times.
Seriously???

You consider a tweet or FB post the same as a physical encounter?

Next time a guy twice your size corners you and says that he's gonna rape you, I suggest you block or unfriend him. Yeah, that oughta do it.

Next time you're walking alone down the street and a group of guys yell something at you and start following you, let me know if it feels the same as someone posting shit.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

For anyone who reads something nasty OTI, please fill out the following form, paying particular attention to the very last checkbox

WSEIII likes this.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

On the Internet they can keep attacking you and perhaps attack you in person.

Nevermind how everyone around you saw these attacks, and what do you say back to them about their safety?

A random in-person encounter is over the moment you leave them.

I think cyber-bullying is a real thing, and the comedian response, "then turn off your computer," isn't thought out in any way.

We know you're a flippant asshole, but I can tell when you're serious, and here you're very wrong.

I know, for instance, I'd rather have only meant you once than to keep hearing from you.
Sparrow and devohawk like this.