Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Fraternities
Thumbs up 9 14.75%
Thumbs down 52 85.25%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree65Likes

Old 03-11-2015, 08:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Seriously???

You consider a tweet or FB post the same as a physical encounter?

Next time a guy twice your size corners you and says that he's gonna rape you, I suggest you block or unfriend him. Yeah, that oughta do it.

Next time you're walking alone down the street and a group of guys yell something at you and start following you, let me know if it feels the same as someone posting shit.
i said i take it as seriously.

the guy who confronts me, i have a physical description to give to the police. if i see him again, i can know to react. i have something on him. i can point and go, "YOU!" anything else goes wrong? i have a suspect handy.

the guy behind the screen? could be anyone. doesn't matter what size he is. could be stalking me. his ISP could be fake, so i don't even know where he is. how would i know? how much information does he have on me? does he know people i know? /is it/ someone i know? is he communicating with me on other sites with other screen names; are there more people involved? how many? did he google my address? does he know what my house looks like? does he have folders on his computer compiling pictures of me across the internet? is he doxxing me? are my pictures elsewhere? is he tracking my moves across the internet to plan a physical attack? how would i recognize the threat? my computer is in my home; he is now in my home. that is a violating feeling.

i'm an internet troll myself. i know how dangerous i can be when i don't have to worry about being physically able to do something or be known.
Keith and devohawk like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-11-2015 at 08:29 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think cyber-bullying is a real thing, and the comedian response, "then turn off your computer," isn't thought out in any way.
Stupid tweets are very different from a targeted cyber bullying attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I know, for instance, I'd rather have only meant you once than to keep hearing from you.
I can totally see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i said i take it as seriously.

the guy who confronts me, i have a physical description to give to the police. if i see him again, i can know to react. i have something on him. i can point and go, "YOU!" anything else goes wrong? i have a suspect handy.

the guy behind the screen? could be anyone. doesn't matter what size he is. could be stalking me. his ISP could be fake, so i don't even know where he is. how would i know? how much information does he have on me? does he know people i know? /is it/ someone i know? is he communicating with me on other sites with other screen names; are there more people involved? how many? did he google my address? does he know what my house looks like? does he have folders on his computer compiling pictures of me across the internet? is he doxxing me? are my pictures elsewhere? is he tracking my moves across the internet to plan a physical attack? how would i recognize the threat? my computer is in my home; he is now in my home. that is a violating feeling.

i'm an internet troll myself. i know how dangerous i can be when i don't have to worry about being physically able to do something or be known.
I'm not defending or condoning the actions of the real cyber stalkers/bullies, who IMO differ from trolls. Trolls are dicks (yeah, ikr) who make stupid comments and then move on. Cyber stalkers drop dox, post noodz, ruin people etc.

I'd hardly class a bunch of stupid inane tweets about periods and anal as cyber bullying.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #33 (permalink)

those stupid inane tweets had many stupid inane followers. tweets are notorious to incite action.

keith is a sweet, reasonable person. on air and on twitter, he can be a slobbering jowl full of opinions on action he'd never do. he's not going to shoot someone for littering. he can't control the asshole mentally unstable person from taking him to heart. the guy who wrote those tweets knows he has followers and probably those of the ilk of our own who have been absolutely known to take action where action needn't have been appropriate.

have you never been on the internet before? they'd be fucking retarded not to take it seriously. especially with this much press.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-11-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #34 (permalink)

Scenario 1: "i am gona raep ur dog and fist ur anus slut hore bithc"

Scenario 2: "I am outside your house at 123 Main St, and I can see you sitting at your table. Tonight, I'm going to visit you while you're sleeping..."

See the difference?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

can you not really understand why someone might take something like this seriously? i think it demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of the digital community we've built for ourselves.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
have you never been on the internet before?
No, this is my first week. Honestly, I thought there'd be more cats from what I'd been told.

Quote:
they'd be fucking retarded not to take it seriously. especially with this much press.
The sum total of my knowledge of this stupidity is what was on the show, so if there were other tweets actually calling for the girl to be raped etc, then that's different.

Tweets to that dickhead pitcher about meatballing his kid's arse are clearly not calls for the girl to be raped.

With all the rape threats that are hurled around the internet, I can't believe people take them seriously. What will cause them to become serious is when dickheads give them airtime by getting people fired or talking about them on podcasts/TV/Radio/etc. That's the sort of shit that fires up the arseholes, and causes shit to move from OTI to IRL.

Just don't feed the trolls. They'll get bored, and move on.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
can you not really understand why someone might take something like this seriously? i think it demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of the digital community we've built for ourselves.
I can understand how people take it seriously.

I think they don't understand how not-serious (generally) the internet is.

People have taken shit I've said OTI very, very seriously at times. I've been threatened with legal action, v& etc, so I get it.

They don't get how non-serious dickheads like me are.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
I can understand how people take it seriously.

I think they don't understand how not-serious (generally) the internet is.

People have taken shit I've said OTI very, very seriously at times. I've been threatened with legal action, v& etc, so I get it.

They don't get how non-serious dickheads like me are.
this is like you calling yourself a "good guy with a gun." there's no way to know who's fucking around and who's serious.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
this is like you calling yourself a "good guy with a gun." there's no way to know who's fucking around and who's serious.
lolwut

Doesn't everyone in your neck of the (literal) woods carry? I would have thought you guys would be able to spot the difference between a run of the mill redneck and a whack job you should be legit scared of.

You generally can tell who's srs and who's not, although I'll grant you that stuff can escalate into stalking etc pretty fast.

It's a brave new world. The last thing we need is moar regulation.

AFIK, there was no damage done to the girl via twitter. There was real damage done to the lives of people who typed stupid tweets.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #40 (permalink)

i'm not even talking about regulation. i'm saying her parents should take a direct rape threat against their daughter seriously and report it to the police. that's reasonable shit, bro.
Keith and theycallmepyro like this.