Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2145: People Now (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2145-people-now-19170/)

WSEIII 03-12-2015 03:16 PM

Abbi is awesome

You should have included an all of the above option for super fatsos.

dannyhatch 03-12-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 840429)
I'm by no means overweight... but cheeseburgers all day. Shake Shack's double shack burgers are the truth. I've been eating them four or five times a week for the past 7 weeks.

Well once your metabolism reads this you're going to be overweight.

invader 03-12-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 840442)
Well once your metabolism reads this you're going to be overweight.

I'm already overweight... in my mind.

Mattman 03-12-2015 08:30 PM

Abbi was a true professional. Just like Chemda and Keith. I look forward to her return.

FingerLakes 03-13-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 840429)
I'm by no means overweight... but cheeseburgers all day. Shake Shack's double shack burgers are the truth. I've been eating them four or five times a week for the past 7 weeks.

I'm always hungry after a double stack from SS
I hit the fried app platter. Calamari, mozz, chicken and fries son! All the basic food groups

Electric Squirrel 03-13-2015 11:34 AM

It seems offensive for that listener to compare fat to gay or race. Being fat is like being a smoker. Its a choice/addiction. Just like smoking you know you shouldn't but you feel like you can't change, but you can. Sure its hard, and there can be more to it mentally than JUST quitting, but the fact is its something unhealthy you do to yourself like an intoxicant, if you want to that's your choice. But the truth is that no "Big Bones" are 300lbs.

FingerLakes 03-13-2015 11:58 AM

I dont think Blurred Lines sounds that much like the other song. I'm no judge but Blurred Lines also fuckin sucks

Eric M 03-13-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel (Post 840472)
It seems offensive for that listener to compare fat to gay or race. Being fat is like being a smoker. Its a choice/addiction. Just like smoking you know you shouldn't but you feel like you can't change, but you can. Sure its hard, and there can be more to it mentally than JUST quitting, but the fact is its something unhealthy you do to yourself like an intoxicant, if you want to that's your choice. But the truth is that no "Big Bones" are 300lbs.

Truth. Maybe the guy just felt like hearing Keith tell some fat jokes so he baited him.

Keith 03-13-2015 08:15 PM

Believe me, that cow doesn't eat fish.

Josh The Jew 03-16-2015 09:02 AM

Finally caught up, in large part thanks to Chemda getting married and having hours of shoveling to do this winter. Which means, I can now sporadically comment on show notes and feel somewhat timely.

I think the hard-core "free speechers" are missing a key part of the First Amendment. Specifically, they're missing its first words: "Congress shall make now law." The courts have interpreted this to mean that the government shouldn't do anything to abridge freedom of speech (or interfere with religion, assembly, etc.) not that nobody can do anything to prevent another person from speaking.

There is nothing illegal or anti-American about a corporation firing someone who says something it doesn't like. Why should the company bear the burden of its employees speech? I don't eat chick fil a because I think its owners are a bunch of bigots. I shouldn't have to eat there because they are entitled to say whatever they want. Let's assume that these frat boys from Oklahoma were employed. I'd be all for their employer firing them. Mostly because I wouldn't patronize their employer if these bozos continued working there. And their employer should do thinks that allows it to make money. If we say that they should be free from consequence because of freedom of speech, then shouldn't the employer be free from the same consequence? And if so, shouldn't that mean that I have to (or we all have to) support that employer? Which in turn, would mean that I would have to adopt and support speech I disagreed with. It's all silly. The First Amendment deals with government action. You can't be put in jail for saying something stupid/mean/racist/whatever (dangerous/threatening is a whole different story).

If you want to support everyone's right to make an ass of themselves (or say whatever they want to say) without repercussion, go ahead, but that means you have to watch both Fox News and MSNBC all day and must shop at Walmart and your local farm stand for vegetables. It's all silly goose. The government can't stop you from talking, but I don't have to buy what you're selling and your boss can fire you (assuming you don't work for the government).