Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith and Christian remain friends?
Yes 41 91.11%
No 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 03-28-2015, 02:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yep, and there are other side effects - but they come with long term use.

Worth looking up though. I also found this

"I've always heard that cortisone injections are painful? Are they?"

In an expert's hands, the opposite is more often the case. That is, minimal pain from the procedure is noted while relief from the pain of the inflammation occurs rapidly. Occasionally, cortisone injections of joints that have degenerated (become damaged) or that are particularly small (such as finger joints) can be associated with temporary, minor pain at the time of the injection. This is not generally expected. Less frequently, nerves can be irritated, either directly by the needle during the injection or by the corticosteroid medication. Again, pain after the injection is not common or anticipated.

Maybe my doctor was just a prick.
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at M.I.T.; good genes, very good genes, O.K., very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, O.K. …”
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 03-28-2015 at 02:10 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Jack is hysterical. I don't know why I didn't bother to watch the nightly show until now but that is hysterical as well.

I voted yes on the poll but who knows, you guys are clearly in love. But I think we have to wait for the infatuation stage to pass to make a clear judgment. But be sure to let us know before a year and a half passes.
Bucho likes this.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Wait, wait, wait. So Mariel Hemmingway was 18 years old and she can tell Woody Allen wanted to fuck her, she had no attraction to him but she was still on the fence about going to Paris with him? She wanted a free trip to Paris with a renowned director, and he wanted to fuck an 18 year old. They both come off as manipulative douches in this story. Woody Allen's actions in his personal life have been predatory but this one story isn't really that damning.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Wait, wait, wait. So Mariel Hemmingway was 18 years old and she can tell Woody Allen wanted to fuck her, she had no attraction to him but she was still on the fence about going to Paris with him? She wanted a free trip to Paris with a renowned director, and he wanted to fuck an 18 year old. They both come off as manipulative douches in this story. Woody Allen's actions in his personal life have been predatory but this one story isn't really that damning.
That's a good point against her. But I think he's completely damned without this story anyway. As obvious as it is that she is just saying this old weird tid bit to get a little attention, it works because some people with a platform, like Keith, are always gonna wanna remind everyone once in a while about this creep because he isn't going to get justice for anything he's done. The story was weak but Woody's still a creep.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Woody Allen's actions in his personal life have been predatory but this one story isn't really that damning.
That Salon writer didn't mention it, but Mariel coming out and saying, "Woody Allen tried seducing me with a trip to Paris" is actually pretty damning. It's the same exact thing Dylan Farrow wrote about. "Woody told me he'd take me to Paris and I'd be a star in his movies."

It's the same with Cosby. There's no physical evidence, but there are Multiple accounts of his MO. Women saying he insisted on special drinks, or asking to act drunk. Offering to help their career. Not unlike Cosby's accusers having corroborating stories; Mariel's story corroborating Dylan's is pretty damning.

I'll say this about That though. Woody Allen's grooming game is strong. Who flies all the way to Idaho to convince/ groom a teen's parents to let their daughter fly with him, (alone - no less) to a foreign country?!
Keith, ImStillToni and devohawk like this.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

What's better than having Betsy Helmuth as a guest?

Having Betsy & Mr Betsy as guests!!!!

Betsy's awesomeness was exponentially compounded to the power of Jack.

OK, I just realised how that sounds; but Jack was so fucking funny, he's now redefined what "Jack" means to me.

His riffing with Keith about that Finnegan bastard was hilarious, and the Helmuth hilarity was dished up by both guests all through the show.

Fucking great ep!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

As far as I can tell (and I just journal searched it) there is zero evidence for PRP being an effective treatment. Ice, compression, elevation, and Cortizone temporarily reduce inflammation and swelling. Often solves nothing but it buys time if the body can actually heal itself. It is common for big guys to have knee degeneration and to have to have total knee arthroplasty to fix that.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keith Malley, (not forgetting the wondrous Chemda Khalili - her expression is priceless btw) are on the cover of the Village Voice. THUS, (officially) NYC treasures. Keith's knee issue should be addressed by the great state of New York. Immediately.

DE BLASIO YOU CUNT!!!

#FixKeetKnees

...I couldn't be clearer...
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
...I couldn't be clearer...
I believe you.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego View Post
There is zero evidence for PRP being an effective treatment.
Dammit! What a waste of time and money!

Oh wells. At least now I know. Thanks, Mark!
The Girl and devohawk like this.