Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2158: FML (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2158-fml-19210/)

Michael's Servant 04-02-2015 11:00 PM

2158: FML

with Jason Nash – Vince Neil sings The Star-Spangled Banner; Do you sing the n-words in rap songs?; Jason’s next movie and friendships with people half your age; Bill Cosby’s heckler revisited; Jackie Martling calls in; Easter and Passover; Robert Durst on the All Good Things DVD commentary; the Religious Freedom Restoration Act; Jon Stewart’s replacement Trevor Noah; Ari Shaffir blasts a fat, one-armed fellow comic

Guest:
Jason Nash
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...sh-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Enunciated Piffle 04-03-2015 12:35 AM

Show notes

I would fat shame the hell out of Ron and Fez

Eric M 04-04-2015 09:07 AM

It's just a word. Didn't we all learn from the Louie bit? Saying "N word" is ridiculous. Dont use it hatefully and ignorantly, but if the context calls for it, say the fuckin word. Take away the power it has. If you're singing along with a song that uses it, there's probably a few other thoughts and ideas being stated you also don't really agree with. I'll sing along with Kanye as he sings "Jesus Walks" cause its catchy, even though religion as a whole offends me.

Eric M 04-04-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamus (Post 841480)
Is it working yet?

Slowly, yes.

Lanfear 04-04-2015 11:07 AM

Oh Keith has progressed to new scientific heights for getting accurate poll results by asking a slightly reworded question again after some time.
As a market researcher that makes me very happy, can't wait to compare to show 1992 results.

Cretaceous Bob 04-04-2015 12:23 PM

Double poster lulzlulz

iheartnihilism 04-04-2015 06:36 PM

I couldn't vote. None of the music I listen to has the n word in it.

dannyhatch 04-04-2015 08:50 PM

Alright, racist...

Scumhook 04-05-2015 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartnihilism (Post 841489)
I couldn't vote. None of the music I listen to has the n word in it.

I don't listen to rap, but I was able to vote "yes", thanks to me being a racist cuntbag GnR:

Junkenstein 04-05-2015 10:51 AM

Curiously enough i dont do it with hip hop songs, since i dont really sing along a lot whn i listen to it, and i also am more aware of the word itself. (hence i vote no)

BUT, when i was younger and listening to Manson, i did sing this one loud and didnt give a single fuck

FingerLakes 04-05-2015 01:22 PM

I'm black and I dont really listen to rap, so ya know...I don't have the chance to avoid saying nigga in my music

theycallmepyro 04-05-2015 06:09 PM

ImStillToni 04-06-2015 01:17 PM

non-blacks only? WTF is this 1965 or something? lmao this poll offended me more than anything discussed in the show. And why are there are only 2 votes for us darkies? I personally can think of 3-4 of us that are typically on the forms. Got dammit get your nigga asses here and represent for us :p don't let the non-blacks win yet again.

Enjoyed Jason, good ep!

iheartnihilism 04-08-2015 07:54 AM

Every time Ron & Fez comes up on the show, it makes me sad. I used to listen to Ron & Fez on the radio back when 102.7 (I think) was all talk radio all the time (2000). They're partly responsible for why I got into podcasts on the ground floor (because I missed talk radio).

To be fair, I don't wanna go to Coachella cause it sucks now. I'm not into Skrillex and everything's inflated due to garbage celebrities showing up. If anything I'm not an asshole cause I'm old, I'm an asshole cause I'm an elitist.

It Follows is AWESOME. (theres not a lot of sex and its not graphic or very sexy.)

CobaltSky 04-10-2015 06:26 PM

I voted no in the poll, but the issue has never affected me because I haven't ever been tempted to sing songs which include it. My general policy is not to use the n word in full unless it is a quote. I still think I'd feel more comfortable quoting a black artist using the word than a random white guy, irrespective of context, though.

Bleeding heart liberal that I am.

lizzy1e 04-11-2015 09:12 AM

I was lucky enough to see Trevor Noah live here in Namibia and, even with a broken leg, he was hilarious. He even tailored his set very successfully to my country as a visitor... I hope his past tweets won't jeopardize this big break, he is a very capable comedian and I wish him success.

robotparker 04-11-2015 11:06 PM

"Words hurt n-words." One of my favorite Keith quotes!