Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side were you on regarding the school anti-gay bullies?
Keith 14 35.90%
Chemda 25 64.10%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree66Likes

Old 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2166: The Late Show

with Danny Hatch - Tim Dillon update; Danny vs. Andrea; toddler served alcohol; anti-gay movements in high schools and auto repair shops; 14-year-old charged with murder; 93-year-old Nazi stands trial; Tulsa cop accidentally kills unarmed black man; swingers; Ben Affleck's ancestors owned slaves; AC/DC drummer tried to kill his assistant; agoraphobic woman falls into manhole after going outside

Guest:
Danny Hatch

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 04-21-2015 at 11:21 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Danny/Tim

Danny for Best Impersonation KATGuh Award.
Z-Corn, Bucho, Scorpion and 8 others like this.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Spoiler:Danny's great when he's not being Danny.
"Kale & tomatoes, gross" was great. You should totally have Tim back very soon.
Scorpion and Rosa like this.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtomandjill View Post
Danny for Best Impersonation KATGuh Award.
pro-tip: there's a thread for KATGuh Nominations. we use a central thread because there's not time to sift through every single show thread. get thee over there and nominate!!! (please include the show number)

KATGuh Nomination Thread
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 04-22-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Bob Bates bought his way onto a police force. If I gave enough money to a hospital, does that mean I get to step into a heart surgery? Neither occupation can be performed correctly without the proper education/training.

Bates being interviewed on the Today Show.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/...The-Today-Show

His gun and taser were nowhere near each other. His gun was on his waist and his taser was on the front of his vest.

Give this man some sympathy! Apparently, wrongly shooting Eric Harris was the 2nd worst thing that ever happened to him.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm going to throw a couple of thoughts in about this as a middle school principal. Let's start with the idea that a group at the school was able to plan and hold an event like a day of silence. This is wonderful, but if the teachers & school leadership don't embed diversity and respect education into their daily program, a student led group won't be enough.

For a group of students to respond to such an event in a hateful way is horrific, but what I find even more deplorable is that the response from the school district was to delay and defer, saying things like "Our investigation is ongoing, and we encourage anyone with information to contact McGuffey School District administration immediately. McGuffey School District is committed to providing a safe, supportive environment for all children.”

That response feels like a group of scared adults, not knowing how to respond, and hoping if they push it off to other people for information it will eventually blow over.

As for whose side I was on, sorry Keith, but excluding a group of students is only going to push them to segregate themselves further and hate even more. I do think it is important that these students not be allowed on campus in the short term. Everyone involved should be suspended so that the victims of abuse can have some respite while the school finds a way to handle this. However, they should return to the school, and their return should include some expectations of restitution and participation in diversity and tolerance training.

Additionally, the staff at the school is in need of professional development on how to respond to words or acts of hatred and intolerance and it needs to be consistent across the school. The adults in the building need to be role models, but if they shy away from uncomfortable conversations because they "just want to teach" then they are doing a disservice to their students and a disservice to the professional field of education.
The Girl, Lanfear, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I get what they SHOULD do. I'm also practical when it comes to what people WILL do.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Danny as Tim Dillon > Tim Dillon
Old 04-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89vision View Post
Danny as Tim Dillon > Tim Dillon
THIS.

Oh. My. God.....Danny is truly a star in the making. I was hesitant about this "bit" as it also sounds like Chemda was, but Hatch delivered in an amazing way. This was like Comedy Bang Bang level of laugh-out-loud character acting. Especially considering it isn't a huge celebrity that everyone can do the nuances of. Bravo x 10000, Daniel.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I get what they SHOULD do. I'm also practical when it comes to what people WILL do.
Yeah, I'm definitely of the idealist set. But I'm using my idealism to do the work, trying to bring the "should" to my school at least. This year, we have done of a lot of work around restitution in place of exclusionary discipline, and relationship repairing activities for students instead of separation and consequence. Diversity/tolerance curriculum is on the books for next year so we can be more proactive.