Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you were one of Farah’s subjects in the video, would you have been annoyed?
Yes 31 52.54%
No 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 04-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
We're talking about maintaining the integrity of competition. Not about this persons life struggle.
I agree with this. I was curious how other sports have responded and found this wiki page for marathons
Marathon World Record

It is clear that a male body has a physical advantage with their world record being 10% better. I like that IAAF has a separate world record for trans gender.

With trans gender people feeling society is more accepting (which is a good thing) more will begin competing. If we don't dealt with this in a fair manor it's possible all woman's world records for all sports become dominated with trans gender people in the top 5 for each. This would be unfair and likely cause a backlash against trans gendor people because people thought with their hearts instead of minds.

I can't speak for trans gender people but I'm guessing they wouldn't want this either and prefer a separate ranking division.

I think most people get hung up by thinking we are saying "Your not a true women". This isn't Keith's argument at all. Of course a trans gender is a true woman. But their body is different in an unfair competitive way.

Let's say a male had a leg injury and received a robotic replacement that allowed him to consistently jump 10% further than anyone else in the Olympics. He of course would not be allowed to compete with regular body males and nobody would think this an attack or segregation based on anything other than fair competition. He is still 100% a male in mind and thought. Just not body.
Keith and KOUNTRY like this.

Last edited by ghauck; 04-13-2015 at 02:14 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

doesn't maintaining competitive integrity include the dignity of its athletes? these aren't stats or battle bots, they're human. we have to include the human element or we do the spirit of competition a disservice.
marykae likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
doesn't maintaining competitive integrity include the dignity of its athletes? these aren't stats or battle bots, they're human. we have to include the human element or we do the spirit of competition a disservice.
I honestly believe openly admitting we need to discuss and come up with a fair way to categorize trans gender athletes is providing dignity. Not all sports are the same and in some it may not matter but this needs to be determined by the athletes.

To do nothing and allow someone an unfair advantage to becoming the best in the world would feel hollow. Allowing someone to prove they are the best in the world on equal footing with their competitors lifts the human soul.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

ok, so, i think maybe a productive conversation might be whose opinion matters regarding policy making and how best to fairly represent their interests?

there are boards representing athletes in each sport, right? not just brand oversight, but athlete issues lead by athletes?
KOUNTRY likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Men are inherently stronger. In our karate class, the men can do a babillion pull-ups as if it's nothing and we women are lucky if we can pull off one. Men just have more upper body strength, the ligaments and muscles are just totally different. Yes, transitioning will zap that male strength to a degree, but I can't imagine it will undo all of the previous growth.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

If I was in a bad mood then I'd find Farah's kissing me annoying. I would be shocked regardless of my mood. I hope she wouldn't be annoyed by my hard on.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
ok, so, i think maybe a productive conversation might be whose opinion matters regarding policy making and how best to fairly represent their interests?

there are boards representing athletes in each sport, right? not just brand oversight, but athlete issues lead by athletes?
Well now I'm in agreement, which is boring.

What else can we debate? What's your thoughts on Danny and Rosa - will they last 1 more month, 1 more year or forever.
KOUNTRY likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

i hope forever. Rosa is the best.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rosa Rosa Rosa

Was anyone else getting really frustrated listening to this episode? Lately, during the big fights on the show they both seem to be arguing completely different points and not really hearing each other much.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Wow Chemda was being a total bitch. She seems to get super defensive when it comes to transgender anything.