Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you were one of Farah’s subjects in the video, would you have been annoyed?
Yes 31 52.54%
No 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
There actually is a German guy who is missing one leg below the knee and tried to sue his way into competing in regular competitions for sprinting and long jump. They did some test and found he had an unfair advantage because of course he has.
Yep. Oscar Pistorius faced similar scrutiny before Olympic competition.

Open and inclusive sports still aren't open to everyone. When major differences present barriers to fair competition, we change the competition's rules.

We do this to divide children and adults. Adults and seniors. The able-bodied and the disabled.

Heck, it's even done for the disabled and the severely disabled. There are people out there who aren't sufficiently disabled to compete in disabled-centric competitions, yet not sufficiently able-bodied to compete in those competitions. That's rough, and that's the world that we live in.

The social inclusion of transgender members of our society has to take into account their biological reality. That's for better (access to hormones as a medical necessity) and the worse (gender-segregated athletic competitions).

I also think it's fascinating that Chemda has such strong opinions about competitive athletics. I've listened to this show for going on ten years, and it has almost never been an area of interest for her.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
How can you not laugh at zwei Bananen im Gespräch mit einer Scheiße????

Oh that's right, you're German...

+1 for the joke man, keep'm coming.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #33 (permalink)

You guys. I got so frustrated discussing this in the last thread that two people had to tell me they wanted to cum on my face in order to get me to calm down (I like it when people remind me we are having fun, however they have to do that).

However, I just wanted to post my opinion on this clearly and concisely so it's on record in this thread as well.

You would never tell a woman who was born with a genetic advantage that she can't play with the other girls because she's too strong/tall/fast/pretty. Except that's exactly what you are doing. It's really very simple. This woman was born with the ability to get stronger than many other women (many, not all). That's it. That's all.

If you need me now, I will be lurking in the thread trying really hard not to respond/repeat myself.
Bucho and Starline like this.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
You guys. I got so frustrated discussing this in the last thread
It's OK, we assumed you were on your period.

Quote:
If you need me now, I will be lurking in the thread trying really hard not to respond/repeat myself.
What's your opinion on cunts who post blocks of poorly written text with no punctuation?
Keith, Bucho and Sparrow like this.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
You would never tell a woman who was born with a genetic advantage that she can't play with the other girls because she's too strong/tall/fast/pretty. Except that's exactly what you are doing. It's really very simple. This woman was born with the ability to get stronger than many other women (many, not all). That's it. That's all.
Do I respond to this?

I really don't know what to do.

As sure as you are, 87% of your fellow man/woman/zee says you're wrong. (And we can agree this is a fairly liberal group.) That's a pretty high percent that doesn't agree it's so simple that a woman is a woman is a woman. So maaaaaybe, just maaaaaaaaybe...
Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Clearer and conciser: Nope.
theycallmepyro likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Do I respond to this?

I really don't know what to do.

As sure as you are, 87% of your fellow man/woman/zee says you're wrong. (And we can agree this is a fairly liberal group.) That's a pretty high percent that doesn't agree it's so simple that a woman is a woman is a woman. So maaaaaybe, just maaaaaaaaybe...
Eh. I used think similarly to what some of the others are stating. I'm just going to assume the rest of you will catch up with me later. I won't even ask for an apology.
Starline likes this.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
The most interesting thing about today's show was that Danny is 6'2". Wtf. Posture, man, get some.

Hearing Keith and Chemda argue with all their nonscience was fruitless though. Three thoughts - I think Chemda is defensive about this understandably because of her relationship with Lauren. I think that Keith needs to learn when to drop something because based on the room, he totally lost this argument. I think that both genders should be able to fight each other anyway but the gals should be able to go for eyes and ball-shots to make up for the fact they could be KO'd in one hit by BIG STRONG MAN.

But back to the important issue - Danny needs to stand up straight.
I'm 5'10. Chemda is wrong when she says I am the same size as Keith. I think technically that makes her sexist.
New here likes this.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:06 AM   #39 (permalink)

The argument between Keith and Chemda over the transgender MMA fighter is an uncomfortable one to listen to. It starts off debating fact and opinion and devolves unneccesarily into one about Keith's prejudices and Chemda's bias rather than identifying blank spots in each others scientific understanding.

Ronda Rousey's comments from the previous episode were completely dismissed by Chemda. Many medical professionals agree with the points Ronda raised, the argument should be how comprehensive the UFC guidelines are. Hormone replacements aren't enough.

Also, the women's division is the UFC is relatively new and the UFC are more interested in having more fights and match-ups, than exact biological fairness.

There is a point at which transgender women should be allowed to compete in the women's division. In my opinion we don't know enough about the body to get to that point yet (but we should be able to get to a point that's more reasonable). It may require genetic simulation to ascertain what would be different about that persons skeletal frame if they had've undergone female puberty.

Chemda won the argument with Keith but I don't think she appreciates how complicated the human body is and how many attributes you would have to consider to distinguish between natural advantage from male puberty and genderless natural advantage specific to that person.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 04-14-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:54 AM   #40 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Even though I'm still on the your side of the Fallon Fox argument Keith, if this ep was a round of a fight a referee would have had to save your ass from the beating Chemda was dishing out.

Luckily Farah was there to step in, because your desperate deflections and dismissals were real white belt shenanigans. By the end it was like she was doing that bigger brother thing of holding your wrists and making you hit yourself. "Why are you punching yourself Keith? Stop punching yourself in the face Keith. Why would you do that to yourself?"

Quote:
I can dig it. It's no secret that Africans and Polynesians have athletic advantages over honkies. For one, to bring up an area that's been yapped about in this argument, they have significantly greater bone density than whites, to the point where the bone density of whiteboys is closer to the bone density of African women than African men. In fact between about 40 and 50 years old white men and African women have roughly the same bone density.

To be clear, what I'm saying is that 40 year old white men should be allowed to fight black women.

Starline, Sparrow, marykae and 2 others like this.