Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you were one of Farah’s subjects in the video, would you have been annoyed?
Yes 31 52.54%
No 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 04-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2162: Kissing & Screaming

with Farah Brook – KISS ME NYC; Jackie Martling calls; Farah vs. her boyfriends’ moms; new poll results regarding transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox

Guest:
Farah Brook

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 04-14-2015 at 01:50 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Are there inherent differences in strength between men and women?

Do those inherent differences make it unfair for men and women to compete against each other in strength based competition?

Does hormone therapy that a trans-person goes through erase this previously unfair advantage?

Three simple questions that would solve the debate.

In the interview with Fallon, she talks about being physically weaker but nothing really quantifable. Also she does have a background in competitive high school wrestling which is a great base for mixed martial arts. Finally if Danny and Keith both trained for a year, Danny would still have a clear advantage because of age. And the amount of testosterone his body produces at his age.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I really don't enjoy the " joke man", the annoys me and I always try to fast forward. For me, it's really enought of him.
I disagree, keep the joke man
Bucho, Scorpion, Sashi and 1 others like this.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

hell no kiss me Farah

Think people a little to damn sensitive these days.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

It sounds like K and C need a vacation from each other. Every now and then, the fundamental differences between them, as people, really comes out and makes for a...less than fun episode.

And as this is a criticism of the show, I guess I'll probably go fuck myself now.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'd like to see the following poll:

Is it possible to be pro-trans AND think Fallon Fox, (on some level, no matter how small) has an unfair advantage?

When a person announces they identify as another gender that change should be instant in our minds. As for the actual biology, this takes time. We know that Female to Male trans don't go full operation. Mostly because the procedure or science isn't in.

Unless we have concrete evidence that the biology of a trans woman is completely altered, (with no lingering male traits/ advantages) I have to assume that common sense combined with all the MMA people who are talking about how unfair this is, (not only unfair, but brutal - Fallon has made an absolute mess of her opponents) I have to say that I'm pro-trans, pro-Fallon living as a woman, but too much evidence points to her not fighting as one.

It sounds awful, but so is an unfair advantage. ESPECIALLY in a competition as absolutely fucking brutal, as MMA.

Last edited by Professor Subterfuge; 04-13-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: less mean maybe
Old 04-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

lol

Of course not totally valid view ��
Old 04-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

The most interesting thing about today's show was that Danny is 6'2". Wtf. Posture, man, get some.

Hearing Keith and Chemda argue with all their nonscience was fruitless though. Three thoughts - I think Chemda is defensive about this understandably because of her relationship with Lauren. I think that Keith needs to learn when to drop something because based on the room, he totally lost this argument. I think that both genders should be able to fight each other anyway but the gals should be able to go for eyes and ball-shots to make up for the fact they could be KO'd in one hit by BIG STRONG MAN.

But back to the important issue - Danny needs to stand up straight.
ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

When chemda is dead wrong and just decides that she's right, it makes me sad. The points she makes are invalid. We're talking about maintaining the integrity of competition. Not about this persons life struggle.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
When chemda is dead wrong and just decides that she's right, it makes me sad. The points she makes are invalid. We're talking about maintaining the integrity of competition. Not about this persons life struggle.
I think the problem is, when you're talking about issues of compassion vs issues around pure competition, it's impossible not to look like an asshole if you're arguing against compassion.

I consider myself a trans ally but I think it's not appropriate for trans people to compete in gender-divided physical competition. It just isn't.