Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you had the BRCA1 gene would you get a preventative mastectomy?
Yes 53 84.13%
No 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 04-14-2015, 10:59 PM   #41 (permalink)

The woman I dated when I was 30 had huge breasts, saw them once. Even if she didn't have the cancer gene I wouldn't blame her for getting them reduced. In my non-medical opinion that would help her back problems.

No wonder Barry Manalow sent away Mandy.

If I was a casting agent and knew what John Hamm did to that pledge he wouldn't get a role in the movie, tv show etc. Stop HAMMer time
Keith, Sparrow, marykae and 2 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

No female has died in an MMA fight. If TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY the first one that dies HAPPENS to be at the hands of a transgender woman, I so better get my apology.

I'm saying this ahead of time so that I don't come off like an asshole when the real tragedy happens and I'm awaiting your sorries.
KOUNTRY likes this.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
The woman I dated when I was 30 had huge breasts, saw them once.
I certainly didn't mean to talk over this...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
No female has died in an MMA fight. If TOTALLY COINCIDENTALLY the first one that dies HAPPENS to be at the hands of a transgender woman, I so better get my apology.

I'm saying this ahead of time so that I don't come off like an asshole when the real tragedy happens and I'm awaiting your sorries.
Hey! I said no apologies necessary when you some day change your mind. Talk about not fair!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #45 (permalink)

I wish I could remember where I heard this, but there was/is a certain amount of alpha male ball-tapping behavior on the set of Mad Men and Jon Hamm did engage in it.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Concerning the Scientology private detectives being instructed to stand by doing nothing to help in case of a heart attack.
That seems to be legally ok in the U.S., in Germany it wouldn't be as we have a law saying its your 'duty to rescue' obviously if you can do so without doing harm to yourself. So minimum call a doctor but also try and perform CPR.
KOUNTRY likes this.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
They should decide what's safe for them and then decide whether or not to participate in this sport.

I don't join football and say "except I don't want to be tackled, because some of these women may be stronger than I am and I don't feel safe."
The sentiments that you are expressing here are becoming disgustingly anti-woman. Don't you think women should be allowed to compete on a fair playing field within the realm of statistical advantages characteristic of a female form? The UFC is interested in more fights and more match-ups to sell tickets above the safety of the competitors and fairness of the sport.

Yes it is a sport, but it's also the livelyhood and way of life for many of these female competitors. Hormone replacement therapy isn't good enough yet and Ronda Rousey's sentiments are backed by several medical professionals.

The point that a lot of people that have seen her fight and that have fought her make is that, her residual strength and muscle retention from 30 years of being male bodied gives Fallon Fox an advantage that is outside the realm of what is reasonable for someone that is born female bodied to achieve. This advantage requires more than just hormonal treatment to calibrate it to a level to be fair for competition. I work in science research and to just roll over and think we know everything about the human body to decide that Fallon Fox can compete after only doing hormone therapy is completely ridiculous and sexist as hell. All of the reports on hormone therapy and corresponding muscle density trends for gender reassignment surgery are for the goal of making the male body and much like the female body as possible, and they do really well, but they aren't judging the body change on a scale of combat potential, just the size of the musculature.

People should be petitioning for more research done to find how level you can make the playing field with the inclusion of transgender women into WMMA. Rather than having Fallon Fox permanently injure other competitors and make it more difficult for transgender women fighters in the future when the regulations and assessment are more thorough.

to quote what I already posted on the last show thread:

Quote:
A lot of the criticism around the how thorough the UFC regulations are regarding transgender women point to the lack of data and scientific understanding on the effects of bone structure (not just density) and in particular muscle retention (endurance and the effects of aerobic exercise).

As a side note, the effects of bone structure that people are concerned about are:
- the size of the shoulders; this can provide a mechanical advantage in combat due to the higher levels of torque the body can produce to swing a punch etc.
- the orientation of the legs to the hip bones and the thickness of the leg bones. The shape of women's hip bones are different to a males because of the pressure placed on the body when undergoing child birth. The difference in shape if I recall correctly makes it easier for a woman's leg to angle sidewards (sidesplits), at a cost of being unable to deliver as much forward thrust power through the legs as males.
Sparrow and KOUNTRY like this.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 04-15-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
The woman I dated when I was 30
Did she know you were dating her?
Old 04-15-2015, 12:14 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
The sentiments that you are expressing here are becoming disgustingly anti-woman.
Well, I guess there's a first time for everything!
Old 04-15-2015, 01:30 AM   #50 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I have enjoyed the fuck out of this debate on the show. As soon as Keith starts to ask the guest's opinion on the subject I start smiling b/c I know they are going to go at it again. Between the good points of view Chemda and Keith drop the funniest jokes and insults in such rapid fire succession that I don't even have time to catch my breath between laughs. So good.

Also they have such good chemistry to still gather everything up and move to the next subject and leave the argument in the past.

When Chemda laughed at Keith's goofy live read at the end of this episode and his boob questions I felt like all was still right in the world.
The Girl likes this.