Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Bill Cosby be convicted of rape?
Yes 12 26.09%
No 34 73.91%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree39Likes

Old 05-05-2015, 06:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I think Cosby is a psychopath...Psychopaths do not have empathy for other people and only care about themselfs.

He will never admit what he did.
It's sad to think Cosby will never answer for his crimes. However. His wife acknowledging his behavior and leaving him would be a good start.

Is Camille a psychopath? I feel her silence makes her somehow complicit. I don't get how she can sleep next to this monster.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hitler had a wife. Stalin had a wife. How come the wives always get a pass?

I don't get it.

Shouldn't Camille's empathy for others, (along with the combined disgust for her husband's actions) motivate her to leave his ass?

I'd like to see a poll on this. Is this a gender thing? Like, do guys think she's awful and women give her a pass?

Last edited by Professor Subterfuge; 05-05-2015 at 06:30 AM. Reason: poll etc
Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Good points all round. Agreed. But I'm still waiting for the headlines to read Cosby Wife Leaves in Disgust.

Can you be a feminist AND understanding of her situation?

Last edited by Professor Subterfuge; 05-05-2015 at 07:02 AM. Reason: ..I just like reading Apia posts...
Old 05-05-2015, 07:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

I think Camille is a rape enabler. Hear me out.

By her staying with him, she is sending the signal, (to his very sick brain) that what he is doing - is ok. She is also enabling the indirect rape enablers. These are the fans who go to his shows. They are rape deniers who see a wife as evidence that nothing is wrong.

In a post-woman's rights era it's shocking that she continues to do nothing.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

In order for Camille to get out of her marriage she would have to admit who she married.

That's why the first step is sometimes the hardest. Your whole perception changes. It means she didn't marry a kind and beloved man. She married a monster.

So, she's either a monster also or she turned off a long time ago and actually can't see clearly anymore.

My mom does that. There's no other way to ignore what you need to go through than denial.

People in her generation (especially women and very much about this topic) were taught to obey their husbands. The word is OBEY. This is not just a cute thing you hear in wedding vows. Women were really expected to obey their husbands. Just for perspective, keep in mind that domestic abuse was not illegal until recently. Cops would show up to see a bloody women face and bloody knuckles on the husband and they would walk away by LAW.

I'm not saying she's right. She's dead wrong. But I've seen this with my mom. They're shut off. They've done the "right thing" all their life and are confused when things don't "add up".

This has to be a lesson to not keep our heads in the ground. Just because you don't admit it doesn't mean it's not happening.

The brain is a funny thing.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
My mom does that.

People in her generation (especially women and very much about this topic) were taught to obey their husbands. The word is OBEY. This is not just a cute thing you hear in wedding vows. Women were really expected to obey their husbands.
Oh I hear ya. My mom's a Baptist Christian. She will argue all day that women need to listen and obey their husbands. It says so in the Bible. End of discussion! So I get that. It's just sad to think in a time, (when I think Camille would be supported if she left) she won't.

Speaking of marriage. You know how conservatives keep crying about sanctity of marriage? How about this. Marriage is outdated. I'm not saying obsolete. A lot of good things about it. But also a lot that needs to be addressed. So rethinking marriage and what it means - not a big deal.

I feel like the world would be a better place if we keep in mind that things are constantly changing. There is no permanence. And not unlike the mighty iPhone: everything needs an update
The Girl likes this.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

This episode had me dying, tears down the face. Masterpiece Theatre Domestic Violence, the long debate on the rules of the Burger King Mouth Shit, the Budweiser Employees on the rape can......well done, all. Hope Soder gets a KATGuh (I see the nominations are all there already).
The Girl, daemon and Scumhook like this.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

To the comic who said he'd blow Tyson for 10mil,

Gurl, PLEASE. Who the fuck do think you are? Do you have the prehensile tongue of a giraffe? No. Who would pay $60 let alone 10 mil for a shitty blowjob from a straight dude? The nerve of these people.

this was the most impressiony ep ever. Loved it
Old 05-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Dan Soder is fuckin awesome. "What a shitty thing to do to a beer that already has no respect."

Boxing is bullshit though. That clinching bullshit was a tactic to get a clean reset in the middle of the round when he was getting his ass kicked on the ropes. It makes Mayweathers style of fighting bullshit IMHO. Boring ass sport.

Really hope Cosby goes to jail. Even if he does though, there is no true justice for him. He'll die too soon.
daemon likes this.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
true. There are gay guys who would do it for free and enjoy it, so ....
i mean i dont find Tyson sexy so I would at least ask for train fare home