Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does the Pope support gay rights?
Yes 0 0%
No 44 100.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree56Likes

Old 05-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badthing View Post
my name aint bby it is Russ
OK russybby
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

goddammit!
Bucho and Scumhook like this.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvan View Post
Liked Sabrina fine...If I hadn't listened I wouldn't have learned Chemda likes to argue.
I couldn't understand the advice she gave Chemda. Did she really suggest watching some tv show would solve crazy fundy religious parental problems?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge View Post
I couldn't understand the advice she gave Chemda. Did she really suggest watching some tv show would solve crazy fundy religious parental problems?
This is a person who thought that air could go in the vagina and out the anus.

All I can think of is that her pussy must taste like shit.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge View Post
THAT's what bummed me out. We've listened to Chemda struggling with her parents' acceptance for ten years. We listened to her multiple attempts to mend the relationship until she accepted that she wouldn't change her parents. She cried multiple times, in pain, over her parents' attitudes, on air, exposing feelings that would run deep for any person.

And then, someone who had a different experience and doesn't know Chemda's story comes along and goes "Hey, 40 year old who finaly doesn't give a shit, give it another go, won't ya? Some parents love their children. Mine do!".

Sabrina wouldn't show empathy towards Chemda. Maybe I'm wrong and she was lovely off air but within the context of the episode Sabrina came across as self involved.

So, in the spirit of being constructive, yes, the show had three people in it but I felt that the guest was frankly annoying and I was feeling the frustration in one of the hosts' voices, so I couldn't get over it enough to enjoy this episode.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Thumbs up

Ah didn't know there was so much drama in this thread.

I think she was entertaining because she got such hilarious reactions out of Chemda and Keith. But I also disagree with every opinion she had, re: Chemda and coming out and what is sexual assault. She was funny when she was just telling jokes tho
Old 05-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I thought this was a great episode. Keith and Chemda do such a great job cutting through their guests bullshit. Sabrina kept dropping these weird little hints into her life, and rather then simply dismissing them and carrying on like most hosts would do, Keith and Chemda switch gears and interview her about these weird hints she invested me in. Just goes to show Why KatG has the best hosts out there.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #38 (permalink)

there were points where the volume of their voices escalated to where Keith was adjusting the levels. Chemda got to yelling and i think to de-escalate the whole shebang she dropped down to about a whisper bringing the guests voice down with her without skipping a beat. they're brilliant and sly AF about that audio.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I've been watching Sabrina Jalees for years on Canadian TV and always found her to be hilarious. She's a grower. Give her a chance. I enjoyed the episode.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
Sabrina wouldn't show empathy towards Chemda. Maybe I'm wrong and she was lovely off air but within the context of the episode Sabrina came across as self involved.

So, in the spirit of being constructive, yes, the show had three people in it but I felt that the guest was frankly annoying and I was feeling the frustration in one of the hosts' voices, so I couldn't get over it enough to enjoy this episode.
I think Sabrina did try to be empathetic but not with an appropriate amount of understanding, given the circumstances.

She had a very normal response. I'm not saying it's right, but people always give advice based on their own experiences without understanding just how difficult it is for the person they're talking to. We know Chemda's situation inside and out because we listen to the show every day. A lot of guests don't do that. They think, because they can speak to their parents about something, everyone else can do the same thing with their own parents. It doesn't mean they're a bad person. Just someone who has to learn a few things.
Sashi likes this.

Last edited by thirteen; 05-20-2015 at 03:18 PM.