Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2180: IMHO (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2180-imho-19290/)

OnmyojiOmn 05-22-2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattman (Post 843410)
True.

But that's like saying "Does he support Black rights?"

I believe his position is that he advocates equal rights. If we want everyone to be treated equally, why do we specifically insist on Gay Rights? - Apart from the fact that they are obviously NOT equal at the moment.

Pope Francis Backs Slovakia's Referendum Against Same-Sex Marriage, Adoption Rights

He's actively arguing against gay rights, just to be clear.

Scumhook 05-22-2015 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattman (Post 843406)
Stay uninformed then ... probably better that way.

I agree. I find that when I'm informed, the quality of my posts suffers.

Mattman 05-22-2015 04:51 AM

oh boy

Keith 05-22-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattman (Post 843413)
oh boy

Is "oh boy" the new "my bad?"

Lanfear 05-22-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 843419)

When I say (or more often just think) "oh boy" it usually means: I think you said/acted/are stupid but I really don't think its worth arguing because I can't be bothered dealing with your stupidity because it will lead to nothing useful anyway

Professor Subterfuge 05-22-2015 11:57 AM

Rather than unsuccessfully trying to pretend religion and modern knowledge,(aka human rights/ woman rights/etc) can coexist; why not just be honest?

All religions are a primitive and outdated way of thinking. Anything to the contrary is a desperate attempt to hold on to a fairy tale. Let it go man. The whole idea of a Pope is ridiculous to begin with.

Scat 05-25-2015 03:17 PM

I thought Sabrina was a great guest! Hometown bias maybe.

Mattman 05-26-2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 843419)

Yup. I never liked "my bad". Grammatically incorrect and somehow awkward for someone of my age/ethnicity.

Mattman 05-26-2015 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge (Post 843422)
Rather than unsuccessfully trying to pretend religion and modern knowledge,(aka human rights/ woman rights/etc) can coexist; why not just be honest?

All religions are a primitive and outdated way of thinking. Anything to the contrary is a desperate attempt to hold on to a fairy tale. Let it go man. The whole idea of a Pope is ridiculous to begin with.

Religions should play no part in law-making, but the right of religious freedom should continue to be one of the basic human rights. Religions have a very powerful role in community building and as a basis for morality. You cannot deny the good that that they do, just as I cannot deny the incredible damage that they also can promote.

Christianity has been around for around a hundred generations, what gives this generation the right to call time on it, and the role that the Pope plays as the "ancestor" of the Church's first apostle? The growth of radicalism may be seen to mirror the growth of atheism to combat those with moral anarchy. Not saying that these are my views, necessarily.

Sparrow 05-26-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattman (Post 843641)
what gives this generation the right to call time on it

what gives the next one or the next one? tradition for tradition's sake isn't enough for us as much anymore. we're looking at life and the universe and finding religion less and less credible and valid with our new set of circumstance and information. that's ok. it will die someday. all things do.