Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you make jokes to strangers?
Yes 39 56.52%
No 30 43.48%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree39Likes

Old 05-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Well you instantly decided that it is far more likely that the guy made a mistake just this one time and then the nasty rumors started and gained traction.
That is quite a story.
I didn't say far more likely. I'm saying it's more likely. That's not a story. I'm not excusing it; I'm saying that the truth may be milder than the rumors, if there's any truth to them at all. I don't know why it's so crazy to not jump on weird internet rumors, and I don't know why people think posting three sentences on a forum is some kind of impassioned defense of a person.

I got curious about the Louie episode that Chemda mentioned (season 4, episode 10) so I watched it. I don't really watch the show, normally. At the beginning of the scene with Pamela he walks into the apartment, she's apparently asleep on the couch, and he's gazing at her. She says "Please don't start jerking off, I'm awake." It's a joke, but worth mentioning.

Then she gets ready to leave and he sexually assaults her. It's so fucked up. I don't know why I never heard about this. This is, in terms of good ideas and bad ideas, so much worse than that rapey Bud Light slogan. I don't think anything after the jerkoff joke is supposed to be funny. I think the point is that you can know a person better than they know themselves, and that sometimes force is for their own good. The character of Louie thinks Pamela wants him to kiss her despite her protests, and in this scene that's true. She's experiencing a type of self-denial that he can't break through with words. In this particular scene, there is a yes under the no.

The question is whether this was a good execution of that intention (knowing a person that well), and I think the answer is NO, WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK. This could have been communicated with a series of scenes, or a montage. If it had been a montage of the most carefully-chosen, granular, significant moments and expressions and electric physical contacts over a period of time, with Louie being more and more assertive as he zeroes in on the feelings that he knows she has for him, then this might have been artistically brilliant. Instead, he violently assaults her, and I don't think it's hyperbole to say it's violent or assault. The part where he has her cornered is so rapey that I think - without exaggeration - that it could be used in counseling for sex offenders. Whaaaaat the fuuuuuck.

I don't know if I'm exactly offended about any of this, but it bothers me that he didn't make more of an effort to get his point across. I want to understand what this scene means and I want to understand more about him through this scene, but parts are missing. Not spelling your point out when it's important that you're crystal clear about something is a type of negligence. I think this Louie scene is negligent, and I think it's bad art, and I'm disappointed in him.

Last edited by OnmyojiOmn; 05-22-2015 at 06:24 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You couldn't be clearer.
Nettie-poo, Scumhook and Eric M like this.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Could YOU be clearer? Are you being sarcastic? Do you agree or disagree, and with which part of my post?
Old 05-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
Could YOU be clearer? Are you being sarcastic? Do you agree or disagree, and with which part of my post?
You wrote this, then edited your other post 4 minutes later.

Relax. Breathe.

You're wrong. It's okay.

Or maybe you're not. Who knows what you changed.

Peace and love.
Nettie-poo likes this.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You wrote this, then edited your other post 4 minutes later.

Relax. Breathe.

You're wrong. It's okay.

Or maybe you're not. Who knows what you changed.

Peace and love.
I corrected a one-letter typo. I didn't think anyone would be paranoid about me ninja-editing a forum post. You can actually click the "Last edited" link at the bottom of the post to see what changed.

I'm just interested in what you have to say. You're being weird.

Last edited by OnmyojiOmn; 05-22-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Good talk.
Carruthers and Nettie-poo like this.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

You're clearly being weird Keith.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #28 (permalink)

Who was the guest from a while back that talked about pulling his dick out on dates just to see what would happen? And how it ended up working for him a lot of the time?
Old 05-23-2015, 12:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

F-Mos
robotparker likes this.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:44 AM   #30 (permalink)

I never liked Louis CK or Cosby because both of them sort of gave me the creeps. I feel like I should try to think of any more comedians who creeped me out and maybe we should look into them.

Oh shit, you know what? I was always uneasy and unsure about Pat Dixon, too.
Nettie-poo likes this.