Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree11Likes

Old 06-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2189: Taking the Piss

with Jason Burke – Working at an ad agency and comparisons to Mad Men; the dangers of pick-up street basketball; Keith is home alone; Uber’s odd congratulatory mass mail; NYC scam artists; Caitlyn Jenner’s cover photo revisited; Tom Hanks’ son, Chet Haze, loves the n-word; Dr. Seuss’ racist cartoon; Keith talks to his parents for over an hour!; a man in Keith’s hometown sets up a DUI checkpoint while drunk; reality TV star urinates on Dolph Lundgren

Guest:
Jason Burke

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 06-03-2015 at 12:26 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Here's what you get for a $200 ferry ride:
- you get to sit wherever you want
- a hot meal and beverage of your choice
- a tour of the pilot house with permission to steer
- commemorative photos
Keith and Rufio like this.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

It doesn't get much better than hearing Keith break down shitty modern rap lyrics. Bursted into a fit of laughter at work and received some confused looks. Great show. Great new guest. Aces babillion.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

When you spoke of the Uber email I was expecting the email to go on and say ... "Here is a list of every trip you took, where you got picked up and where you got dropped off"
Old 06-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

LOL at spending the beginning of the show indirectly asking the guest "aren't you afraid to play basketball around all those blacks, don't they get all aggressive and stabby? Don't they just think they can push you around because you're white?" Then making fun of Chet Haze for saying "nigga" in a hip-hop song. "Why don't some white people get it?" I have to admit I don't get it either.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Courts in NY are known for being aggressive. I asked Jonnie the same questions including if he can dunk. I was genuinely curious about the atmosphere of adults picking up games with strangers.
Jonnie told me that fights break out over silly shit.

but, you're right that I didn't ask jonnie about the movie. And I didn't ask him because basketball courts that I was referring to are predominantly played on by black people. I know that there's a lot of shit talking and that it would be an easy joke for Jason to be a target of.
What I learned is that the joke is older than I thought.
GreeningOA likes this.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Also, jonnie told me that people gave him shit or didn't want to play with him because he's light skinned.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I think my point is still valid. I'm didn't mean to imply anything, You guys asked honest questions based on your impression of the environment and ignorance (not in an insulting way) of the topic it was funny and entertaining. But any white person saying nigga in a hip-hop context is immediately written off as foolish and "not getting it." I think Chet did a pretty good job of defending himself and made a few good points. Also his idea that its okay to say nigga in one of his songs comes from the same thought process as your questions do.

I really don't get the difference. But I maybe over thinking it...
Old 06-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I can't tell if Chemda is apologizing for something but to be clear, I'm not. You heard things we didn't say at all. When I said it's dangerous, I think it's dangerous. It had nothing to do with black people specifically being dangerous. In fact, the courts that I happen to pass are usually filled with whites people, not to brag.

But I get it, you people are sensitive.
flerchin and GreeningOA like this.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I think my point is still valid. I'm didn't mean to imply anything, You guys asked honest questions based on your impression of the environment and ignorance (not in an insulting way) of the topic it was funny and entertaining. But any white person saying nigga in a hip-hop context is immediately written off as foolish and "not getting it." I think Chet did a pretty good job of defending himself and made a few good points. Also his idea that its okay to say nigga in one of his songs comes from the same thought process as your questions do.

I really don't get the difference. But I maybe over thinking it...
Be careful not to trip when back pedaling so fast. You honestly don't see the difference? You do. That's why you threw in that very last sentence there.