Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you notice that there wasn't a poll yesterday?
Yes 22 35.48%
No 40 64.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 06-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2190: Animal Planet

with Kim Gainer and Scott Rogowsky – The Cove, Blackfish, and the treatment of dolphins and whales by water shows such as SeaWorld; the mistreatment of dogs; Tom Hardy’s embarrassing MySpace posts; Chet Haze further defends his use of the n-word; Jen Kirkman’s Louis C.K. podcast is deleted; Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar knew about the molestation 16 months before doing anything about it; Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner; burlesque

Guests:
Kim Gainer

Scott Rogowsky

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 06-04-2015 at 12:32 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

The thing about Chet Haze got me thinking - is it cultural appropriation when hip-hop is sold as a product to people regardless of their ethnicity? Chet Haze is fucking clownshoes of course but all he's done is buy into a lifestyle that's been sold to him, from clothes to music to mannerisms of speech. Is it because he's rich that this isn't OK? because there are millions of poor white boys who grow up around hip hop and buy into the whole lifestyle. Chet probably has a bunch of black friends and he likely talks "black" with them. (as an aside, it's weird that talking black involves putting on a fake accent and talking like you never went to school, I think that's fucked up)

The world is telling him to check is privilege and he's like "naw nigga I ain't about dat life yo. I gots to be real, and if that means talking like a person of colour from the deep south then that's how it is". So I reckon stop persecuting the poor rich kid, he's a marketing victim like millions of other kids, black and white, and he can't help it.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

But now he knows he can help it.

So is he flat out retarded?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Can someone let me know when the animal mistreatment talk ends and Tom Hardy begins? Thanks.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
But now he knows he can help it.

So is he flat out retarded?
Yeah totally. You heard his music too right? Guy is a fucking idiot. Along with millions of other fucking idiots. We're not putting the nigga genie (his parachute pants are low slung) back in the bottle, the word is a part of mainstream youth culture, people of all colours sing that word every day.

I think Chet can be judged on the strength of his art alone and be found wanting, language policing is unnecessary.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

As a gay of the internet I've seen Hardy denying the interview for years at this point. I think I even saw the original article (or posts about it) when it broke, back on ONTD or something. His back tracking is obvious and sad. Those myspace pics definitely pin him down as a Fuckboy, I would say.

I still think he's kinda hot but Dark Knight Rises was such shit that his ungaying being in the news again is kind of a moot point.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

My understanding is that a significant number of people who transition will switch orientations, straight to gay or vice versa. It's either the hormones or, for people who don't take hormones, being more comfortable with their appearance.

Keith, what do you think of the r-word thing? You've been using retarded a lot lately on the show, and not in a nuanced or funny way but in a lazy and bigoted way. I'm not trying to be antagonistic; I'm just wondering where it's coming from.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
jer
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fun fact: Tom Hardys real name is Edward Thomas Hardy

Tom Hardy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

X
Keith likes this.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnmyojiOmn View Post
Keith, what do you think of the r-word thing? You've been using retarded a lot lately on the show, and not in a nuanced or funny way but in a lazy and bigoted way. I'm not trying to be antagonistic; I'm just wondering where it's coming from.
That word's different to me because it wasn't created as a slur. It's a "real" word. A person's brain can be retarded (music gets retarded when it slows down).

I guess if change.org gets enough votes to not use retard the way I do, I'll stop; but, I'm guessing these retards won't know how to log in.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Tom Hardy was on crack. That's the context those quotes are out of.

Tom Hardy: 'I would have sold my mum for crack' | Film | The Guardian
FingerLakes likes this.