Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: As an adult, have you lost your shit and put a hole in a wall/door out of anger?
Yes 22 30.99%
No 49 69.01%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes

Old 06-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

2194: Ted 2016

with Danny Hatch – Flag Day; Coney Island’s Cyclone again breaks down mid-ride; Brother Love’s show covers his engagement shocker; rock lullabies; Killing Baby Hitler; Jackie Martling calls; Black Mirror full review; Jurassic World and Insidious 3; Game of Thrones season 5 finale; new Fifty Shades of Grey book; the black and white NAACP chapter president and racial tensions; Caitlyn Jenner must defend Bruce Jenner’s car accident; John Stamos’ DUI

Guest:
Danny Hatch

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wall Punch

My older brother was babysitting my younger brother and I when he was about 14 (I was 12 and my younger brother 6). We were in my room which was originally the garage (my Dad had converted it into two rooms) so the wall dividing my room to the next was hollow. My younger brother was pissing my older brother off ALL night to the point that he punched through my wall... my younger brother shut the fuck up and my older brother probably went off to sew a cape seeing as he clearly just found out he had super-powers.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

i do punch walls but haven't put a hole in one in years
Old 06-14-2015, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I never punched a hole in the wall but I was pushed through one backwards. I'm guessing I was around sixteen and working as a busboy for a family restaurant in town. It was near closing time and one of my co-workers was there one night when he wasn't working. To get him back for something he did earlier I came up behind him and boxed his ears. He got out of the booth and came after me. we ended up in the hallway outside the restrooms. After he was done chewing me out another co-worker noticed the hole in the wall. I'm still surprised that neither of us got fired.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you're thinking about reading one of these 50 Shades books, read Master of O instead. It was written by the husband of Nina Hartley and all of the sex scenes are taken from things they've either done or seen in person.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Haven't listened yet. But I saw the picture of Hugsy with the Guacamole. .so precious. I'm with Keith now, cutest dog ever.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

GR Martin has already divulged the planned ending for the books to the 2 HBO show runners and so they know where, for the most part, to take the story.

This was the planned from the beginning. The TV show has already diverted from the story many seasons ago and not just a little. A fuckton. That's why i stopped watching. but LOL to all you TV ppl who now know that none of your faves are safe.

----
the way they slow down songs nowadays I almost as much as I hate when people sing acoustic versions of R&B or hiphop songs. That little hipster chick who sang that depressed version of "Put a ring on it" really fucking pushed all my buttons

Last edited by FingerLakes; 06-15-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Game of Thrones reminds me of a Quentin Tarantino movie.

There's great writing. You love the stories and characters, but the endings suck. It's always, "...and then everyone died."

The End!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

OINTB

Chemda... YES. "Huh, I never thought of it that way." - said by Pennsatucky to Big Boo. WHAT?! That is word for word straight out of the Brady Bunch. The kids say this catchphrase to the Brady dad every time after one of his "inspirational speeches." If they put it in as a campy shout out that would have been different, but it is so corny to try to have these OINTB characters say it earnestly.
The Girl and Rosa like this.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Los

The issue with the NAACP chapter president isn't that she's white, it's that her lies call into question everything that she's ever said or done and, like Chemda said, her mental state. She does look better as a black woman though.

There's a long history of the opposite situation - biracial people passing as themselves off as white. Years ago, you were considered lucky if you could. From what I was told, I have distant family members who did this, disowned our side of the family, and started their own without ever telling them the truth. I might have blood relatives who would be surprised to find out who they're related to. It kind of points out how historically, race has been loosely defined in America (the one-drop rule used to be the law here).