Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you watch Game of Thrones?
Yes 52 60.47%
No 34 39.53%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree67Likes

Old 06-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

i think i hit on it. heritage. it's a value the black community holds in super high regard. ya know, having theirs forcibly stripped from them for hundreds of years. reclaiming ownership of it was a real struggle. maintaining agency over the narrative and identity of what black means, especially here in America is a real thing. not having the heritage to back up your blackness might be a rightfully insurmountable hurdle.

i feel that way about being Southern; it's a birthright. you can't /become/ Southern. you are born that way or you inherit it from a parent. even having a Southern child does not make an outsider Southern. coming down here, putting on the clothing and the culture doesn't make you Southern. making the food doesn't make you Southern. those things don't sidle you with the guilt/embarrassment or responsibility of our history even if you "super relate" to fiddles and fried chicken. having the ability to put a pecan pie down and wink about being really from elsewhere does not set well.
Keith likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-16-2015 at 05:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
can someone help me articulate the difference.
I think that if Rachel admitted to being born white, but that she now identifies herself as black, that would be similar to someone who's transgender. It would be hard for some people to accept, but it would be truthful, and simply a matter of personal identity. Instead, everything about her is a lie. That's what's important.

If someone who's transgender claimed to be biologically male or female, lied about their personal history, and used those lies for personal gain, I think that people could reasonably have the same problem with it.
Keith and Lanfear like this.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

seriously guys?
The bitch is white. She lied. She got caught. She's delusional and pathological in that she believes her lies. That's it.

I notice only white people try to justify her actions. To make sense of it. To want to "understand" it. Why can't the bitch just be a crazy bitch? Why does it have to be explained or put in a nice little box so all the white people can feel more comfortable with it. I'm starting to get more offended people care more about the why she wants to live as a black person when she's not instead of why does this woman have a huge paper trail of violence and hate crimes that are normally perpetrated on blacks...by whites.

Black folks live with this kind of nonsensical fuckery almost every day. If a black person does it, oh hell na send them to jail and its all obama's fault. But let a white person lie for years and years until she's outed by her white parents and suddenly, everyone gives a shit about WHY instead of stressing the fact she filed police reports claiming she was victim of hate crimes that mostly likely did not exist - a crime. Her entire upbringing is a lie, she is a lie, everything she attempted to stand for is based on a lie.

She was white until she went to a HBCU - then she came out black and starting checking off every racial and ethnicity box on every form and application except WHITE. she then when on to sue to HBCU (Howard) for reverse discrimination back in 2002 (which she lost), when her marriage was ending. then BAM, the bitch is black. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the intent - she chose to perpetuate being Black from this point on. I'd be easier if she was always like this, but you can't wake up one day and change your race. There is no surgery to change your DNA and add melamin so to me, this is no where near the same as trans and any sexual reassignment surgery.

Why does it matter why Rachel did it? Why is this white woman allowed to get away with crimes I, as a black woman, could not? Unlike her, my black is not spray tan i can wash off when it suits me to be white. Alas, white privilege now allows you pick your race depending on when it suits or benefits you, apparently.

Rachel sickens me. I'm glad she wears my ethnicity like a new outfit when she pleases. Today, she claims "she wasn’t sure she could say authoritatively that she is truly related to her parents, who are white. " Fuck that bitch. She is a liar, a criminal, and a sociopath.
Los, Lanfear, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.

Last edited by ImStillToni; 06-17-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added more because the bitch pisses me off
Old 06-16-2015, 11:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It seems white people are more offended, my view was if she wants to pretend to be black... go ahead. I'm more offended that people are calling it "black face." Black face was used to denigrate, disparage and demean. She tried to look black so that she could better fit into a culture. That couldn't be more the opposite of "black face" Yeah she is crazy as fuck and misguided but I don't see why people should be offended.

I've read reports that she didn't start playing black until her marriage ended. I wonder if her husband left her for a black woman? Then mentally she snapped. Damn he fucked her black, now that's how you sling the D.
Lurban, Sparrow and Scumhook like this.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
white privilege now allows you pick your race depending on when it suits or benefits you, apparently.
i'm not hearing that conversation. i think the general consensus is that this bitch is some kind of nuts. BUT, it does raise some interesting questions about what it means to be 'of' as opposed to just being 'among' a people.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i'm not hearing that conversation. i think the general consensus is that this bitch is some kind of nuts. BUT, it does raise some interesting questions about what it means to be 'of' as opposed to just being 'among' a people.
The conversation's out there, believe me. But I do know the white conversation and the black conversation are not quite the same. At all.

And as I read this post, the differences are apparent. People care more about Rachel and the "why" or "how" or "is it really a big deal" then about all of the police brutality against blacks lately....guess because it's "our fault" and and the core, Rachel IS still a white woman, right?

This is why black folks are not going to give this bitch a pass. You all ALWAYS get a pass. And there is no amount of discussion or conversation to be had that will allow me to give this bitch a pass. Of, among, no matter the preposition this bitch is WRONG for what she did and I'm enjoying the media getting in her ass while she continues to try to justify her bullshit. You want to be black bitch, here it is

And yes, in theory the tan she uses is a form of blackface. It was a cosmetic ruse to darken her skin pigmentation to appear black. I'm more offended over her lie than her use of tanning, but the fact remains she could have just said she was lite skinned than to purposely use darker bronzer and makeup to darken her complexion to make her lie more acceptable. So what if her makeup is not coal black as traditional blackface, it was still part of her "disguise" and supports her intent to continue the ruse until she got caught.

Last edited by ImStillToni; 06-17-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:03 AM   #27 (permalink)

i think people care about the why because it's so goddamned unusual. she went to some serious lengths for who the fuck knows. this is pitiable bless her heart level shit.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:13 AM   #28 (permalink)

"bless her heart"
hahaha nothing like the good ole Southern "this bitch is bananas"

Thing is, white people care. Black folks do not give a flying fuck because she's wrong. White folks (and the media) keep on it like it's a fucking freak show...."why does the white woman want to be a nigga?" To me, thats why so many white people care - like why in the world would any white person EVER want to be black.

It's a slap in the face, basically.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Pffft - Rachel Dolezal.

I give you Belle Gibson.

http://m.theage.com.au/lifestyle/die...22-1mqt8a.html
lizsquiz likes this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 06-17-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
like why in the world would any white person EVER want to be black.
black women are the fucking righteous tits and black culture is notoriously cool.
ImStillToni and Apia like this.