Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Confederate battle flag
Yes 2 3.77%
No 51 96.23%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree33Likes

Old 06-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Poor Chemda. Listening with headphones I could hear your wheezing when you breathed in. I hope you feel better. I loved how Chemda and Lauren are a low level Bonnie and Clyde in this episode stealing the nebulizer supplies & sneaking under turnstiles! #FuckTheMTA haha
The Girl and devohawk like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I think you are a very sweet person and appreciate this original imaginations.
I feel included.

Nicely put.

How do you say "snarky cunt" in German?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

cHemmo called it (on a future show, as far as this thread is concerned).

I voted yes for the confederate flag. But not to be an arsehole...

A few weeks ago, the flag was fine. Probably viewed as an redneck indicator, but generally no big fucking deal.

Then some stupid cracker shoots up a black church, and suddenly the flag is a pariah.

It's not the flag that's the fucking problem. In this case, it was some fucked up kid; in the next case, it will be some other fucked up kid, flag or no flag.

RIP Roscoe P Coltrane. The flag on the roof of your nemesis will be sorely missed. The sound of a fat Hemi V8 at full throttle is your 21 gun salute.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post

A few weeks ago, the flag was fine. Probably viewed as an redneck indicator, but generally no big fucking deal.

Then some stupid cracker shoots up a black church, and suddenly the flag is a pariah.

It's not the flag that's the fucking problem. In this case, it was some fucked up kid
no, no sweetheart. it's not been fine. it's not sudden. it's been a long time coming.

as kitschy and catchy as our little design is, we used it to lynch people. it's famous because the KKK took it up in the 50s; otherwise it'd just be one of many in a wikipedia article. it's not cute. it's not even meta. it's just an unapologetic middle finger.

the problem isn't just this fucked up kid, it's the climate that bred him and how we've chosen to preserve and celebrate it rather than condemn it.

this happened in my state. this is what it means:

Keith and devohawk like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-26-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I voted yes for the confederate flag. But not to be an arsehole...
You're an idiot.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

that's a pretty safe bet, yeah.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
You're an idiot.
KATGUH nominee for "Pot calling the Kettle Black" category.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
as kitschy and catchy as our little design is, we used it to lynch people.
I thought you used rope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
the problem isn't just this fucked up kid, it's the climate that bred him and how we've chosen to preserve and celebrate it rather than condemn it.
I'm sure that Wal-Mart et al getting rid of the flag will do wonders for race relations in the south. Hopefully, they'll still keep selling Guns and Bibles though.

I don't believe in getting rid of stuff like flags and words because some group is butthurt about them. The moar stuff we ban and regulate, the worse everything gets.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:45 AM   #29 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
I thought you used rope...

I don't believe in getting rid of stuff like flags and words because some group is butthurt about them. The moar stuff we ban and regulate, the worse everything gets.

TOOOOTALLY! My next door neighbors just put up a beautiful floral arrangement in the shape of a swastika on their front lawn.

I just love the way they express themselves. And now when I come home, I always get to have that appreciation.

I'm glad they can express themselves.

America!
Los, robotparker, Scumhook and 2 others like this.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:54 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure that Wal-Mart et al getting rid of the flag will do wonders for race relations in the south. Hopefully, they'll still keep selling Guns and Bibles though.

for starters, there's no official ban. the only formal anything was that it not be flown on government grounds. there's no reason; it's not an official flag of anything. and /that/ got kicked off because SC put the rebel flag on a fixed pole unable to fly at half mast putting it above the American and State flags during mourning. which in this case was SO uncouth something was finally said after 50 years. the only reason it was there in the first place was to be a Fuck You to integration.

and, ya know, private business can do as it likes. nobody told Wal-Mart or Amazon to do shit; they pulled the emblem off the shelves of their own volition. PLUS there are more places to buy things than major retailers; you can still buy it, wear it, put it on stuff, display it on your private property, etc. nobody has been banned from personal use. nobody's rights are being infringed.

it's more than people being butthurt. that flag was used to instill terror in people. not fun good ol boy messing around, real acts of unspeakable violence were done underneath it.

i can't believe i have to explain symbols; it's like the world is retarded and we deserve everything we're about to get.

when people began to communicate with the written word we started off with symbols. all this time later, and we're even regressing into them with our use of emojis. pictorial language is hard wired into us to use and respond to.

a symbol is an easy way to get a full message across clearly without a lot of effort; it's like a tool but for your mouth words. this particular one is so loaded, efforts to minimize the message begins with minimizing the symbol. it's something that needs to go away. tongue in cheek racism isn't cute or worth rallying around.

you don't get to use the word 'we' here. this is not your pain, not your issue. you're not American. the only thing Southern about you is your hemisphere and that only makes me protective of my livestock.
Keith, Los and devohawk like this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-27-2015 at 07:58 AM.