Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you agree with more regarding the writing controversy?
Keith 85 53.13%
Danny 75 46.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

This is the first poll in a really long time I just can't answer.

In response to whether the "HR" stuff should have been part of the episode OF COURSE IT SHOULD. The show was laid out perfectly with the AWESOME interview with Frank about his writing career leading right in to Danny being a writer for KATG.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
If I gave some matressless knob-gobbling kid from bumfuck OK a job and a fucking career, and then he turned around and called me a thieving cunt, I'd probably be somewhat miffed also.
ikr???

I just finished listening to TTSWD #131 and you do get a more complete view of what happened. I can see Keith's point of view. You're in the KATG studio. Doing KATG shit. Of course it's gonna get onto the show.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 07-02-2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Fuck. You.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
It's kind of odd, all this drama, when you think about it. It's really very simple.
not really. when you're building something from scratch and often in uncharted territories, and especially with group intellectual property, these kinds of confrontations about boundaries and credit happen. they're usually behind closed doors and nobody talks about them because who wants to hear that? nobody and nothing inside of that situation is particularly flattering in the moment. it's going to come to a resolution. if we had just had an announcement Danny is now a writer nobody'd be the wiser, but we'd be far less entertained and less invested in the journey. this is after all a 'put your personal situation out there for entertainment' kind of podcast. if you can't hang you just can't hang.

i've gotten my butt hurt more times than i care to admit about things i was right and wrong about that took some facilitation to get through with my team. i'm the defensive jerk a lot of the time. it's cool to hear it played out live. and if there's one thing this show really is good about, it's showing us the ugly to make us feel not so alone.
GreeningOA likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-02-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

It seems to me that Danny was uncomfortable with the power dynamic that is always a part of them sparring. Danny has to be aware that Keith can hit him verbally as hard as he wants and there's not a lot Danny can do about it, but if Danny verbally hits Keith hard enough, Keith can entirely end Danny's role in KATG as a company. Keith pressed Danny hard enough, even if he didn't mean to, and when someone gets pushed hard enough, they come face to face with that reality of the power dynamic, and it feels like a dare. It feels like the stronger person is going, "Eh? Now what are you going to do? I'm stronger than you are". And as is common in these sorts of situations, Danny didn't back down and struck Keith with something he knew would hurt.

I mean, look at Danny saying "Fuck you" to Keith: he wants to be Keith's friend and equal, but the only way he was able to have the relationship with Keith at all is by performing service for K&C's company. It's an uncomfortable dynamic where you still talk like equals, but don't actually have an equal relationship. Even if Keith says they're family, Danny has to know somewhere in the back of his mind that if Keith doesn't feel like they're family or friends, that's a big problem, but if Danny doesn't feel that way, then it's entirely inconsequential unless Keith decides to care about that.

I don't think anybody did anything wrong in this situation, it was just the natural outcome of the personalities involved plus the circumstances they were put in.

Also this is why in general I don't cultivate meanness or shittiness even in joke form with my friends, because far too often it can be misunderstood, or people's feelings aren't gauged correctly, or genuine shittiness easily veiled. But if I had a podcast I would probably do exactly like Keith because drama is the best.

Also this means I can't vote one way or the other.

Edit: Super also, actually, can I just vote that Chemda did the best? Chemda was right 100% of the time.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 07-02-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #35 (permalink)

clearly we all need healing. maybe Keith could go down on Danny in a gesture of brotherhood. on cam. and, like, slowly. please.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
clearly we all need healing. maybe Keith could go down on Danny in a gesture of brotherhood. on cam. and, like, slowly. please.
What an outstanding idea ^^^

Danny looks like Ernie.

Throw in Keith's bald Bert-ish head, and we've got ourselves a homo Sesame St.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

you think Keith would give 100%, though? like, i imagine he'd feel too silly and shy to really give Danny the degradation he needs to hate fill his mouth. and the whole time, Danny'd probably just want to be the one with the dick in his joke hole. we've all heard the stories.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
you think Keith would give 100%, though? like, i imagine he'd feel too silly and shy to really give Danny the degradation he needs to hate fill his mouth. and the whole time, Danny'd probably just want to be the one with the dick in his joke hole. we've all heard the stories.
yeah good points.

and when Danny blew his load, he'd get angry with Keith for taking credit for his orgasm.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

if it's on cam, it belongs to all of us.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great guest! I felt sorry for him as the Danny/Keith conversation went in circles a bit but he had an input that gave the predicament a viable solution. Like all other KATG shows, anything and everything is up for discussion. That's the KATG we know n love.

I felt for Danny and I felt for Keith: Danny has been kicking goals at becoming a comic, proud of the guy for persevering and honing his craft (TTSWD is a highlight of the VIP package for me, worth the price of admission).

He thrives on his material getting laughs (who doesn't!?) and I think it's probably just built up over so long that he feels robbed of the contributions he's made when Keith may refer to something he'd said and gotten a laugh from it.

I get a HUGE kick when Keith (or Chemda) reads my feedback and it gets a laugh on the show. And a few times in the past I've wondered why he's said my feedback but not said it was from me... "But that was my joke..." but like Keith said, he knows the flow of the show & when it fits to quote who said it. And him saying the feedback at all is like a little nod to say, "good one - that worked" (or not!).

But I'm not an aspiring comic who may have come up with a premise or joke before the show that I'd maybe come back and develop into something later when I got home. Hearing your idea said aloud on the show turns into, "Well if I do anything with that material now it's gonna look like I've stolen it from Keith."

I've been in a jam room before and come up with a riff on the spot, the other guitarist has added to it and suddenly it becomes his riff. But we were in a band, and now our band has a killer riff that I know started from me but developed into a song which turned into claps from the audience at the gigs that we never ended up having...

I get how Keith feels hurt; Danny is like a student he has been mentoring and championing for years, but now his student is standing up for himself more which is not how it's always been. The sparring on TTSWD, and to a lesser extent when Danny is a guest on KATG, that Keith and Danny do has been happening for so long it might seem like Danny biting back came out of nowhere. Being on air might be the only way Danny feels comfortable to voice his concerns to Keith because, from what we have heard, once the mics are on their dynamic changes.

I feel like I'm just rehashing what was said but that's just #mytwocents

I hope Keith and Danny know that they both love each other and to not let this hiccup ruin what is a beautiful relationship. Things were said in the heat of the moment, issues have come out and solutions have been put forward. Act on the solutions, suck it up & apologize to each other and keep making the magics.
The Girl, daemon, Bucho and 6 others like this.

Last edited by bw81; 07-02-2015 at 11:22 PM.