Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you agree with more regarding the writing controversy?
Keith 85 53.13%
Danny 75 46.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 07-02-2015, 11:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It's #ItsMy2Cents, asshole!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's #ItsMy2Cents, asshole!
I didn't want the original writer of that to get offended so I modified it. It's all jazz baby.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #43 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It's like you don't even understand the comedy stylings of Larry King. The clever nuance. The suspenders that seem to say , "Hey world. No one else wears these dumb things but I do. I'm different!"

Ol Larry understands the kids of today. He would NEVER use #two. He uses #2
Cuz he's fresh and hip.

#ItsMy2Cents #Recognize
Old 07-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Seamus has some good points. However, this is not a typical business relationship. Keith and Danny hang out quite often compared to "regular" co-workers and speak about absolutely everything. There are no cut and dry rules when the line between friendship and boss / employee is blurred this much, so KATG is going to have to figure that out from this point forward and stick to it.

I really don't agree that just because Danny created work in the workspace of KATG, that Keith isn't aware he should consult Danny before using that material on the show or at least credit him. This is not the first time this was brought up to the audience.

(Loved the discussion and Chemda's interpretation)
Old 07-03-2015, 05:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Good post B.

One thing though, when you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
... a few times in the past I've wondered why he's said my feedback but not said it was from me... "But that was my joke..." but like Keith said, he knows the flow of the show & when it fits to quote who said it ...
I feel like many/most listeners have always known Keith sometimes says feedback/Danny jokes without giving credit. I know I know, and I'm not a feedbacker or even a live listener, so if I know then I assume most listeners do too. It doesn't feel like they've ever tried to keep it a secret (not that you're saying they do).

But I've always felt like I/we can usually tell when Keith's saying a joke he hasn't come up with, because while they're in his voice they're not in his "voice", so they feel just a little "off" since they don't really fit his natural rhythm.

Meanwhile when credit is given it never feels like the flow is thrown off even slightly. Matter of fact, from a listener perspective it's actually more fun, funny and family when credit is given, and it takes literally less than two seconds to say "As [insert originator of joke here] said ..." so unless Keith is literally doing other people's jokes every two minutes (and if he is then I really am worse at picking them out than I thought) it wouldn't mess with show's rhythm one bit, it would help it.

TL;DR Like everyone says, we love to see/hear behind-the-scenes stuff, so when credit's given it's not a disruption to the flow at all. It's part of it.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
you think Keith would give 100%, though? like, i imagine he'd feel too silly and shy to really give Danny the degradation he needs to hate fill his mouth. and the whole time, Danny'd probably just want to be the one with the dick in his joke hole. we've all heard the stories.
Keith won't fuck a pig to save his wife but you think he'd go down on Danny to spare his feelings? I could only dream...and masturbate to image of Keith covered in Jizz
Scumhook likes this.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I know that Keith thinks that being called Joke Thief is like being called a nazi and that's probably where most of the anger is coming from, thinking that Danny most hold disdain for him like he would to an actual career Joke Thief like Mencia. But that feeling of hate and disgust for a somelike that just isn't what Danny has. I think when it happens Danny is angry, feels left out and wishes he could say somethin at the time. Different level of reaction. Once they get through that the actual allegation wasn't meant to hurt Keith - but maybe some of the other stuff said when they started bickering was - I think that'll make the ground easy.

I think the title of Asst. Producer makes more sense for all the stuff Danny does because, like Keith said in this show, the tittle of Writer makes me think Danny would need to do a lot more writing specifically for the show.

You guys are totally a family and a team and like a family you can sometimes hurt each other with words. Now you know to just kinda establish where the boundaries are
sarahtomandjill likes this.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:09 AM   #48 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This poll was worded terrible. I agree, there should have been a third choice and it being Chemda.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:52 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
This poll was worded terrible
Yes.

I hate it when things are worded terrible.
Bucho, Los, Czarveillance and 7 others like this.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #50 (permalink)

Kudos to Frank for being the best guest possible on this episode.
Bucho likes this.