Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you agree with more regarding the writing controversy?
Keith 85 53.13%
Danny 75 46.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
I really don't agree that just because Danny created work in the workspace of KATG.
I would disagree. I’m making assumptions that there’s no standing contract that clearly lays out the intellectual property rights of the show. The employee/supervisor roles have nothing to do with the problem if their conversations are happening in the workplace (office or official correspondence).

Danny prepares stories and reviews them with Keith for the purposes of making a comedy show. In return, Keith and the Girl compensates him for his time and services. In no way is this thievery by Keith, but for the matter of Danny’s pride it would be a fine idea to change his title to reflect what he does for the show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #52 (permalink)

Danny v. Keith

I loved hearing Danny stand up for himself. I loved hearing Chemda come up with a great solution, and I loved hearing Keith react genuinely and from a place of caring. I hated hearing them say "Fuck you" to each other. It hurt my heart, but hopefully it works out and they are better for it.
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #53 (permalink)

There was a show that had Patrice on as a guest, one of her last appearances, and Keith used a joke on one of Joe Rogans albums, and passed it off as his own.

At the time, I thought it was weird, considering Keith's stand on joke stealing/not crediting the comic, still checked the forums thread for the show to see if anybody had mentioned it, but nothing. #justmy2cents
Old 07-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Wazza,

What was the joke? What was the episode?

It's weird to put out such an accusation through such a vivid-seeming memory but with no details.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #55 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Wazza's previous posts:

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...archid=1154372
Lanfear and Sparrow like this.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:31 AM   #56 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I just looked at Wazza's old posts and that lead me to read through the thread for one of Laurens first appearances on the show. eeeeeek K+C were still pretending to be together then

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...er-folk-12645/

I think I need to download this episode and listen to it with everything we know now. VIP FTW Baby!!!
Bucho and FingerLakes like this.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #57 (permalink)

this fuckin' show. i remember absolutely sending my tits to Not Gay Bobby. thanks, Anne! #memories

edit: oooooh shit! keet rant on hippies. so beautiful.
Lanfear likes this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-06-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #58 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza View Post
...Keith used a joke on one of Joe Rogans albums, and passed it off as his own.

...still checked the forums thread for the show to see if anybody had mentioned it, but nothing.
First of all, it's POWERFUL Joe Rogan. Secondly, you didn't see anyone post on forums because Keith didn't steal any of Joe's jokes. I listen to the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. I have his albums. I know Keith material. I know Joe material.

This didn't happen. You're full of shit. Shame on you.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:58 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstandeecom View Post
Sorry to say danny your going to have to move
Let me guess - to VIETNAM??????

AMIRITE????
Old 07-07-2015, 08:17 AM   #60 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You know this is how we do: from time to time serious things come up that I feel need to be addressed whether we have a guest scheduled or not. I didn't feel this could wait a week. I was going to talk about it with Ted Alexandro the following day, but then on the show, since Frank was talking about BEING A GHOSTWRITER, it seemed to fit perfectly.

I know you know KATG, but I'll explain it anyway: The guest is joining our show. They can say something or not, but it's real and it's raw and it's personal, and some days deep shit is gonna happen. If the guest wants to be all squirmy, then that's on them. Look what show you asked to be on.

I would LOVE to be a guest on a show with this personal drama exploding around me, are you kidding?

How can this NOT be interesting? Maybe confrontation makes you uncomfortable.

You have a HUAR tattoo. You don't think those robots are are gonna be confrontational?

You like KATG cause it's real. Woman up.
Keith, you are right, and I owe you and Chemda an apology. I re-listened to the episode and it made complete sense to bring up the issues with Frank there, and after listening to it a 2nd time, I was less uncomfortable as well, which I think was mostly the reason for my rush to comment so quickly, my own uncomfortableness and desire to hear more from Frank and less about Danny. I need to remember to hold in my comments until my 2nd listen. You'd think after 10 years I'd know this. You are right, I am wrong, I'm sorry.
HUAR and L'chaim!