Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would Jackie Martling and Paul McCartney get along?
Yes 18 43.90%
No 23 56.10%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree28Likes

Old 07-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2211: Jacking Off

with Jackie Martling – President Donald Trump; befriending Paul McCartney; Jackie’s Joke Hunt cancelled; Jackie breaks up with his girlfriend while staying friends with his ex-wife; defriending Howard Stern; Patti Lupone, Broadway crusader; the middle finger in class pictures; Sinead O’Connor vs. Kim Kardashian; 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman walker demands more money; The Cosby Show cast member says Bill Cosby is guilty; Chris Brown’s house robbed; Forrest Gump and To Kill a Mockingbird’s Atticus Finch now racist

Guest:
Jackie Martling

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Guess his target audience is older men.
Yeah. I guess I can see that. I gotta say though. I'm not sure American humor translates well to the culture you're from. I don't think Germans like 'quirky' 'weird' 'absurd' humor.

Does comedy even exist in Germany? Name 3 German comedians. I'm curious.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Yeah. I guess I can see that. I gotta say though. I'm not sure American humor translates well to the culture you're from. I don't think Germans like 'quirky' 'weird' 'absurd' humor.

Does comedy even exist in Germany? Name 3 German comedians. I'm curious.
No of course comedy does not exist outside of your country. Why are you even asking? Also movies and music are non-existent outside of the English speaking world.

(Also Apia did not grow up in Germany so you should give her a pass)
Old 07-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

BOOM

As a fan of comedy, I really liked this ep.

It's good to hear from the older Comedy crowd. There's a certain...unease. I like that. You could tell Jackie thrives off laughter. If he doesn't get a response; he gets ruffled. He was SO fucking consumed with getting a laugh. To me, (as a comedy fan) it translates as still being 'hungry.' He wants that laugh. He NEEDS it. Kind of beautiful. In a way.

He's yelling at Danny. Telling Keith to fuck himself for not laughing. Threatening Chemda with calling her Kem-duh. LOL. What an insecure weirdo.

Jackie is a bit much, but what a pro. I kinda sorta liked his intermittent jokes on the show, but really dig him now that he's actually been on the show. His explanation of jokes. The importance of jokes. The value. How he gives them to people like gifts. I dunno. I like that.

There's something special that occurs when you understand where a particular comedian is coming from. You 'get' his jokes more better. It's a special sort of communication. A new language.
ImStillToni and New here like this.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
No of course comedy does not exist outside of your country. Why are you even asking? Also movies and music are non-existent outside of the English speaking world.
Are you trying to Enunciated the Piffle? Because this response has all the 'Go Fuck Your Self' but little substance.

I'm not German bashing here. Your country has some of the greatest minds that ever were. However. Germany is not known for comedy.

If it is. If you have examples. Please give them. Danke.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Are you trying to Enunciated the Piffle? Because this response has all the 'Go Fuck Your Self' but little substance.

I'm not German bashing here. Your country has some of the greatest minds that ever were. However. Germany is not known for comedy.

If it is. If you have examples. Please give them. Danke.
And then what are you gonna do?
Check whether they have Letterman appearances to determine they are worthy? Read the wiki page that will list shows and awards you never heard off? Watch their YouTube videos and not understand a single word they are saying?

I could just give you Random names and it would tell you nothing in this discussion
flerchin likes this.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I could just give you Random names and it would tell you nothing in this discussion
And what a fruitful, intelligent discussion it was.

Gute. Nacht. (it's nighttime here in America. No doubt comedy is bursting at it's seams there in Germany) but here in the states. The laughter has died. I could blame your postings, but I'm going to take the higher road.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Lanfear, please. Just name these names and shut him up. (Without googling, of course.)
Old 07-16-2015, 04:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

I like Dieter Nuhr, Konrad Beikircher and Jürgen Becker but I assume he would like Mario Barth and Stefan Raab
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

A German humorous publication. Most humorous.
Thumbnail likes this.