Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with during the high school whistleblower story?
Keith and Liam 28 59.57%
Chemda and Peggy 19 40.43%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree27Likes

Old 08-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #31 (permalink)

I have to say, this rarely happens, but you guys completely changed my mind: My voice is super easy to masturbate to.
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:03 AM   #32 (permalink)

Usually can't be bothered with these arguments anymore so shout at me for being wrong so I remember not to next time. I'll help get you riled up. When Keith says "you're missing the point", it's usually a point he's made up in his own head that wasn't actually in the article he read. He likes to invent their motivations, like we all probably do though, to be fair.

Why does anyone assume she supplied the selfies - these days don't the press just take your photos off Facebook? And why is it assumed she's doing this for attention? I would think the opposite as the odds are of it negatively affecting her. It could make it harder to get work, she could lose her degree and be bullied on the internet or podcasts...

She didn't care about school, didn't try to pass, but did. Says why did I pass? = bitch?

The whole article on the Post that I read is her saying 'I didn't deserve to graduate but did, and that's wrong.' She's not complaining that it's the school's fault for not educating her. Seems more like she's letting parents know this might not be the best school to send your kids to.

Student?s stunning plea: Why did NYC let me graduate high school? | New York Post

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 08-06-2015, 05:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
"You get what you put in" means that she should NOT get a diploma.
If this diploma was for a PhD or MD or something, then I could see your point in not giving someone something they don't deserve, but this is only a high school diploma. She failed to take advantage of the schooling available, and if she went longer into extra years, then she's just clogging up the system for other children who might actually give a fuck. she repeatedly did not take advantage of the opportunities given to her, how long is the schooling system supposed to keep giving her more opportunities under all the tax payers' expense?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
If this diploma was for a PhD or MD or something, then I could see your point in not giving someone something they don't deserve, but this is only a high school diploma. She failed to take advantage of the schooling available, and if she went longer into extra years, then she's just clogging up the system for other children who might actually give a fuck. she repeatedly did not take advantage of the opportunities given to her, how long is the schooling system supposed to keep giving her more opportunities under all the tax payers' expense?

Why are you making up that she's asking for extra shit.
She didn't go to class. She should have failed out. That means no more money spent on her.

Schools are not doing kids a favor by giving them an education.
And It's not ONLY a high school degree. It's something that kids earn all the time.

Pay attention to what you're criticizing about her. She SAID she didn't take advantage of the education available and that because of that she is surprised (as we all should be) that she got a diploma.

She's not whining about anything. She's not asking to be treated better.

She's informing you via the article that was written about her.

Also, there wasn't one time that keith and I asked a publication to please post more pics. They ask for what they want or set up a photo shoot. They don't ask which photos in the shoot we like. They just post them.

A bunch of you are acting like suddenly an 18 year old controls what a newspaper posts.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

With peace and love, WittyReference is a moron, so I'm going to skip responding to that one.

As for my dearest Chemda, this girl IS asking for extra shit. She expects to go to college now.

And of course she's whining. Is it a different word? Is she BOTHERED?

She's not just informing us through an article written about her. She WROTE the article.

An 18 year old does control what a newspaper says when they write the article about themselves. At least until she whistle-blows on the newspaper editor...

Also, it's fair to say, since she wrote the article, that she supplied the selfies as they obviously weren't taken by someone else.

To be clear the selfies aren't what's telling me she's a bitch. It's just a big bonus.

And finally, SCIENCE WINS AGAIN! Do we want a democracy or not? WOOOOOOO!!! I'M RICH!!!!

And that 18-year-old is a cunt.
Apia likes this.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
A bunch of you are acting like suddenly an 18 year old controls what a newspaper posts.
Well, she DID write the NY Post article herself: Student?s stunning plea: Why did NYC let me graduate high school? | New York Post

Everyone knows the school system is fucked. Some dumb person announcing, "I didn't even try and they passed me; aren't THEY the ones who are wrong?" It just doesn't do anything, but diminish the real definition of 'whistleblower.'

How many great whistleblowers, (women in the army speaking out against rape, accountants revealing corporate fraud, EDWARD SNOWDEN for chrissakes) how many really important stories do we ignore, but some dumb teen and her facebook pic get ink.

It's sad what we've come to deem not only news worthy, but what we perceive as action. I feel like we liberals are being tricked with this bullshit more and more. It kinda looks and sounds like liberalism. It feels kinda familiar: public schools are really bad, after all. We go along with these kinds of stories because the media is smart and knows what sells.

Look. Melissa is no whistleblower. She's an over-glorified Facebook post. You've been duped. By the NY Post, no less.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 08-06-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You're getting me invested again. Don't delete this...
lizsquiz likes this.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:49 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
With peace and love, WittyReference is a moron, so I'm going to skip responding to that one.- a moron like a fox!

As for my dearest Chemda, this girl IS asking for extra shit. She expects to go to college now. - made up. Nowhere in the article is college mentioned

And of course she's whining. Is it a different word? Is she BOTHERED? - assumed

She's not just informing us through an article written about her. She WROTE the article. - true

An 18 year old does control what a newspaper says when they write the article about themselves. At least until she whistle-blows on the newspaper editor... - true and she said she didn't deserve to graduate

Also, it's fair to say, since she wrote the article, that she supplied the selfies as they obviously weren't taken by someone else. - true but so what

To be clear the selfies aren't what's telling me she's a bitch. It's just a big bonus. - made up but quite possibly true. I'm not arguing about if she's a fuckwit or not though.
Comments after the "-" added by me. I know I said I shouldn't but I was in a beer drinking bear poking mood.

Last edited by WittyReference; 08-07-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

She realized once they gave her a diploma shit. Now I have to be an adult. What's the next step? I'm obviously too lazy and dumb to take responsibility for actions so let's hope my looks can get me somewhere in life. How do I get noticed though? I know I'll blow up the high school that gave me the diploma.
Keith likes this.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #40 (permalink)

According to the poll, Keith and I won. What's our prize?
Scumhook likes this.