Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
MG you don't get another point, he likes to appologize
An empty apology is as good as any. Half a point?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #72 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

MG 21.5

DC, DD, SS -13
Old 02-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #73 (permalink)

oops

quick story.. about ebarrassing mistakes.

I was on a conference call with my boss (a female) and it was so boring.. that I was keeping a conversation going with a good buddy of mine. Anyway, while I was talking to my boss, another friend emails me a photo of this hot girl.. from Perfect 10.. you know.. anyway, I have this great idea to forward it to him.. I write.. Hey Glen... check this out.. NOW!... but I guess because I was talking to my boss. I accidently sent it to HER!!! While we were on the phone.. she says..
"What's this? Who is Glen?" REalizing my error.. I feel the blood rush to my brain.. and I said.. "no, no, no.. don't open that!!!"" she didn't listen and started laughing... and I could hear her calling in other people to here office.. >'look what Chris just sent me!" oh shit.. oh shit.. I thought I was going to die...

didn't die.. but got laid off a few months later.. but I am sure the two incidents are not related.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #74 (permalink)

Ok it is not a virus, it is a worm. It only effects peers on your local network

the only way to get it is to download it, open it, enter your administrator passwrod (and apple's password prompt says that an image is asking for your password) and then you get the virus

if you are dumb enough to..
a. accept a TGZ file (UNIX compression system)
b. enter your admin password to open the image

then you deserve to be infected. This is not a virus nor does it expose a vunerability in the Mac OS. This new worm only exploits a vunerability in the fuctards that just enter their password left and right when prompoted to do so without verifying the file first.

Please get off the "i hate macs" pedestool keith, if I recall correctly I saw the apple logo on the DVD menu of your coming of age CD (a sign that it was made on a Mac with Apple's iDVD software) and podcasting was made famous by two mac users and Paul (the guy responsible for a lot of things on this forum) uses a Mac and works for a reseller in the UK and your spot on iTunes is hosted on Apple's servers.

Even if you hate the Mac, let's not forget how much you truly owe to the platform that allows you to deliver to us on a daily basis. I wo uld love to see you do a sh ow on shoutcast or anothe rstreaming service using windows media or real files cause it's a real bitch to use those.
Macs, Computing news, and Sexbots
My Webcam and Podcasts
----
Old 02-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #75 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

burn
Old 02-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypersonalgetaway

the only way to get it is to download it, open it, enter your administrator passwrod (and apple's password prompt says that an image is asking for your password) and then you get the virus

then you deserve to be infected. This is not a virus nor does it expose a vunerability in the Mac OS. This new worm only exploits a vunerability in the fuctards that just enter their password left and right when prompoted to do so without verifying the file first.

Please get off the "i hate macs" pedestool keith, if I recall correctly I saw the apple logo on the DVD menu of your coming of age CD (a sign that it was made on a Mac with Apple's iDVD software) and podcasting was made famous by two mac users and Paul (the guy responsible for a lot of things on this forum) uses a Mac and works for a reseller in the UK and your spot on iTunes is hosted on Apple's servers.

Even if you hate the Mac, let's not forget how much you truly owe to the platform that allows you to deliver to us on a daily basis. I wo uld love to see you do a sh ow on shoutcast or anothe rstreaming service using windows media or real files cause it's a real bitch to use those.
Yeah, most people on the forums wouldn't do stupid stuff like that (if they are technologically inclined) but other people REALLY don't understand...how can you blame those kind of people?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #77 (permalink)

In my article that comes out tomorrow on http://uneasysilence.com I am going to go into more detail of this worm merely to get the word out but all of the independent mac blogs are linking to huge news sources that are just yelling about this issue when there really is no issue.

I'm not at all going to get mad at people for their stupidity i just want everyone to be educated.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
MG 21.5

DC, DD, SS -13
Wow, that looks like my SAT's
Old 02-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Wow, that looks like my SAT's
What are SAT's???

LOL
Old 02-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypersonalgetaway

If you just created the word "pedestool", that's pretty cool..