Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever had blackout sex?
Yes 29 38.16%
No 47 61.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
What was up with the Ben Folds song at the end? It sounded like it was slowed down by 10%.
You are correct. Congrats on saying, and you get 100 points. All fixed.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #22 (permalink)

I gotta say that I still enjoy Straight Outta Compton (the album).

However the original Bitches Ain't Shit from Dre's The Chronic is unlistenable shit.

Keith likes this.

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 08-19-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added video
Old 08-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wow.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Keith on Straight Outta Compton. Just saw the movie and it's really an insult to anyone who knew anything about the group. It felt like a masturbatory exercise by Ice Cube and Dr. Dre.

I came to see a movie about the "World's Most Dangerous Group" and ended up with a strangely sanitized story where none one in the band had any real flaws or learned any real lessons.

I understand creative license but I felt like they didn't even get the essence of the group correct. This would be like the movie Ray not including Ray Charles' drug use and womanizing.

I also disliked Captain Phillips for the same sort of reasons. They left out all the mistakes and bad decisions this guy made so that it became Tom Hanks vs. Somali Pirates. And if anything it would add depth to the movies to have the flaws of the protagonists laid bare.

Fuck this movie. I was tricked and I want my money back.
Keith likes this.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

That was quite an intense story. Shes very cool. I got a little frustrated with her at the beginning when she cut both of you off a couple times but she brought it back plus more. She's very funny and very cool.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I look forward to the Hollywoo biopic of my life. I always wanted to play soccer for Manchester United.
Keith, dannyhatch and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I remember when you did that!

At least I feel like I do...
Old 08-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Definitely one of the most emotionally wrenching episodes I've ever listened to. It got me out of hiding and back in to the forums for the first time in a long time (excluding the few drunk tweets, texts and fb posts here and there). I've had more than one occasion where I've had black out sex - nothing like what happened to Wendi but it's scary to think of the occasions that could have happened. The scariest part about plain old black out sex (the non-rape kind) is that it's not really scary until you're back to sober again and, for me at least, realizing it's not something I wanted to do or would have done if I wasn't blacked out. I always blame and beat myself up for it - usually spend days or weeks hating myself for what I've done and promising myself it will never happen again, until it does.

I can completely understand Wendi's reasoning for keeping it anonymous - people don't want to believe that people they know are bad. So the friends and likely even the associates of the guys that raped her will side with them, of course, because they don't want to think they know people that would rape. The same reason people still want to defend Bill Cosby. So instead of those guys taking the heat, she would have to take the abuse of people calling her a liar and whore who deserved it and like Chemda said, it could even start to define who she is in her career.

She is an incredibly brave and lovely person and she's helping people by sharing her story. I'm very excited to listen to her stand-up. An amazing guest and I hope she comes back again.

PS - though I have a huge crush on both Chemda and Keith I most definitely side with Keith on the Straight Outta Compton argument. Don't make shit up.
Keith and indianprincess like this.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

I was looking forward to the movie but now I don't think I'll bother. I was interested in their real life story, not so into a made up version. Even weirder they'd do something like this in this day and age where everyone will check their version of events on the internet.

I've been blackout drunk for part of the night but have mostly always remebered the sex part. There was one time though when my girlfriend was already asleep and the last thing I remembered was going to bed. Then I came to in the middle of us having sex and had no memory of how it got started. Or my brain just let me skip remembering the foreplay part.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 08-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #30 (permalink)

Seriously... what an episode.

Wendi was amazing. So brave, open, honest and damn funny.

Love her.
Keith, The Girl and Scumhook like this.