Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever illegally taken steroids?
Yes 2 2.94%
No 66 97.06%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree21Likes

Old 09-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruh View Post
hefty subscription fees
inorite????

I've heard that these money-hungry cunts squander the VIP fees on luxuries like rent & food.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruh View Post
If only the asking price for mere conversations were remotely close to their competitors. $60 hoodies and hefty subscription fees certainly have made for a plentiful audience and welcome mat to new comers eh. Ill continue to support those who keep their audience before their pocketbooks.

As a huge fan of this and many other podcasts, I've not seen a worse business model for supporting content. I really do wish they'd revise its structure for our pleasure and their vitality.
It was good to see them build a paid subscription program to support the show, but the cost of VIP never made sense to me. The most basic package is more than any other online content provider I've seen, and all levels include a download limit. The $1000 subscription is the same as the $100+ per year option, just with a larger cap on downloads per day. It's working well for them, but I'm not sure how they came up with it.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
It was good to see them build a paid subscription program to support the show, but the cost of VIP never made sense to me.
You gotta quit thinking, "Why pay for free?"

Start thinking, "A completely new and separate side of KATG."

You're missing out.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
You gotta quit thinking, "Why pay for free?"

Start thinking, "A completely new and separate side of KATG."

You're missing out.
I've signed up to check out the program and download old episodes. I just don't understand the tiered pricing. There's a big difference in the cost of higher level packages, with no difference in features, and I've never seen a download cap for content subscriptions like that before.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I don't understand downloading 100 podcasts in a given 24 hr day. But hey. It's nice to know that option is there.

I'd rather KATG take the time to produce spin off pods and video for a buck than have the show constantly going into a live read for fantasy football or legal zoom or whatever.

Los. VIP isn't about downloads or back eps. It's about spinoff shows. It's about Danny digging a psychic hole that only awkward comedy can mend. It's Chemda Taking lead host and Keith yelling shots at perfectly timed intervals. It's about Myka being...Myka.

Did you give the spinoffs a listen yet?
Old 09-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
I just don't understand the tiered pricing.
No one does. You eeny meeny Miny mo that shit and move on with your life.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
No one does. You eeny meeny Miny mo that shit and move on with your life.
The fact that I'm not the only one who doesn't understand it isn't a good thing. Most people won't take the time to ask questions; they just won't sign up.

I downloaded some of the spinoff shows, but the back catalog is enough to justify charging a premium subscription. Pricing and features per package are the issues though. I seriously thought the $1000 subscription was a joke when I first saw it.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

los (and anyone else who is confused),

1) VIP is not mandatory. Same with sweatshirts, hats, and even the free feed.
Also, shirts in our store are all $5 right now and have been for a bit. KATG.com/store

2) We appreciate people who only consume the free shows. We don't think negatively about it at all.

3) The difference between the tiers is mostly the price break and download count. The $1k tier (and the $500 one for that matter) were all thought up by fans. It was requested by people who can and want to support the show. (The 1k is a lifetime membership.)

4) The reason for the rest of the pricing is based on the cost for us to survive this game AND the amount of exclusive content that is updated nearly daily. The price pays for production.

5) I understand your questions. What I don't understand is derailing this thread to, essentially, put down the business ethics of people you seem to like and be entertained by.

Hope that answers your questions.
Chemda
KATG HR
Los, Sparrow and Scumhook like this.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Los

Chemda, thanks for the explanation. I genuinely didn't understand your price structure. It wasn't a put down, or question of ethics. Bruh's comment made me think of questions that I've had for awhile about the program.

You can charge what you want with our without an explanation, but the comments in this thread could be what some people are thinking when they see the VIP page.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Between the video of Danny doing his Tim Danillion character, (with what seemed like an added hint of Danny Devito/ revolting-ness) and Keith's MNiK 3 parter, I'd say VIP has already paid for itself this year.

I was so busy laughing I forgot all about 'tiered pricing' !!!

Love you Los. Get your shit together
dannyhatch likes this.