Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you been in a controlling relationship?
Yes 29 48.33%
No 31 51.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 10-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

2254: Reinventing the Wheel

with Chrissie Mayr – Foot modeling; Craigslist massage ads; KATG in Albuquerque; teachers vs. students; Sicario review; 3 new Bill Cosby victims; Chrissie’s ex Pat Dixon and new love Frank Pellegrino; Chet Haze out of rehab, anti-N-word

Guest:
Chrissie Mayr

More on KATG's problems with Pat Dixon

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
chrissie likes this.

Last edited by dannyhatch; 10-04-2015 at 05:30 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great, great episode guys and I really enjoyed listening to Chrissie.

One thing that scared me though was at minute 43:16 Chemda posed the question "he didn't beat you?"

Chrissie kinda dodged it. I really hope that this was the case - that he didn't beat her.

If he did beat her, I think a lynching is in order.

I'm listening to Pat's bit now - mother fuck, that I even had any doubt.

Jesus Wept.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 10-05-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Jesus Wept.
Allegorically or Historically wept?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

I don't get the sociopath vibe....I get the narcissist vibe from him...but than again I just came to the realization that my dad is a narcissist and stop talking to him....you think it's fucked up to date one....try growing up thinking this behavior is normal...having nothing else to compare it too!

But that's my pain...this is hers and i don't want to invalidate it, Cuz it's so real and painful!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyminerva View Post
I don't get the sociopath vibe....I get the narcissist vibe from him...but than again I just came to the realization that my dad is a narcissist and stop talking to him....you think it's fucked up to date one....try growing up thinking this behavior is normal...having nothing else to compare it too!
https://www.reddit.com/r/RaisedByNarcissists

here's a group you might be interested in reading through. both my parents are great, but i myself probably shouldn't have kids. this is a helpful reminder why when i get the baby fevers.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Shame on me for not writing Pat off when hearing him first spout that ridiculous bullshit about forcing Chrissy to get rid of family and friends. That is so abusive and fucked up. Fuck him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2015, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Keith, when my friends tell me "I feel so bad cuz I hooked up with this girl at a party even thought I'm dating Kristin" I'm like "you fucked some girl at a party?!?!" and they're all upset "Nooo! We just kinda kissed a little" I roll my eyes so hard. Hook up should only mean things were hooked into other things, fingers or tongues or penises into holes
Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Chet haze really needs to look into getting Keith as his full time hype man.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This felt like some 6th sense go back and relisten to everything now that the plot twist has been revealed shit. I remember nodding along with Pat 2 years ago. Now it feels so painfully obvious what a psychopath he is.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Pat Dixon seems to be a Domestic Violence Perpetrator

I am listening to the episode where you had Pat Dixon's ex girlfriend on and I am going BANANAS. The discussion that you had with Chrissie Mayr was so textbook domestic violence and I am an hour into it and I HAD TO stop because it was frustrating for me. It sounds as if Pat didn't physically hit Chrissie (or at least she didn't choose to share that information on air) but he engaged in EVERY OTHER type of domestic violence possible. He controlled her schedule, who she could talk to, and by expecting her to stay up all night what job she had. He tricked her into thinking that it was all her fault and that she was the one who was the problem. Hearing that they engaged in couple's therapy got me so ANGRY because ANY therapist worth their salt should be able to see how this is a domestic violence situation.
I know this seems very random and slanderous to say all this. It only seems that way based on the anecdotes that Chrissie shared and Pat's own words from the show he was previously on. I'm in a doctoral program in psychology and run groups for domestic violence perpetrators that they have to attend as part of their parole/probation. The goal with the groups is to get them to change the way they look at the world/their relationships so they don't abuse another partner. If I stuck Pat into one of those groups he would agree with EVERY SINGLE HORRIBLE COMMENT that the group members said. I share my "qualifications" or whatever because I wanted you to get that I'm not some random person just deciding to think this. I really think that what he did to Chrissie constitutes abuse and is horribly wrong. I hope that Chrissie gets a new therapist that does not try to blame her for her partner's actions. I wanted to email her but did not know about the appropriateness of just sending this out of the blue. I hope that sharing my opinion would ultimately do good not harm to Chrissie and other potential partners of Pat's.
I hope this was clear as I am pretty upset from listening to the podcast.
Keith, Lanfear, Sparrow and 6 others like this.