Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you been in a controlling relationship?
Yes 29 48.33%
No 31 51.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 10-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
I am listening to the episode where you had Pat Dixon's ex girlfriend on and I am going BANANAS. The discussion that you had with Chrissie Mayr was so textbook domestic violence and I am an hour into it and I HAD TO stop because it was frustrating for me. It sounds as if Pat didn't physically hit Chrissie (or at least she didn't choose to share that information on air) but he engaged in EVERY OTHER type of domestic violence possible. He controlled her schedule, who she could talk to, and by expecting her to stay up all night what job she had. He tricked her into thinking that it was all her fault and that she was the one who was the problem. Hearing that they engaged in couple's therapy got me so ANGRY because ANY therapist worth their salt should be able to see how this is a domestic violence situation.
I know this seems very random and slanderous to say all this. It only seems that way based on the anecdotes that Chrissie shared and Pat's own words from the show he was previously on. I'm in a doctoral program in psychology and run groups for domestic violence perpetrators that they have to attend as part of their parole/probation. The goal with the groups is to get them to change the way they look at the world/their relationships so they don't abuse another partner. If I stuck Pat into one of those groups he would agree with EVERY SINGLE HORRIBLE COMMENT that the group members said. I share my "qualifications" or whatever because I wanted you to get that I'm not some random person just deciding to think this. I really think that what he did to Chrissie constitutes abuse and is horribly wrong. I hope that Chrissie gets a new therapist that does not try to blame her for her partner's actions. I wanted to email her but did not know about the appropriateness of just sending this out of the blue. I hope that sharing my opinion would ultimately do good not harm to Chrissie and other potential partners of Pat's.
I hope this was clear as I am pretty upset from listening to the podcast.
I heard the Pat episode when it originally aired and I can definitely remember feeling as though something was off about it but it didn't hit me then the way it hit me in Chrissie's recounting of her experience in the context of what we now know.

It was sickening to listen back to it just the other day. Pat was so clearly deranged in his thinking of the situation and I picked up on a palpable menace in his on air behaviour. Like - it could have taken just a little push and Pat could have leapt across the desk and latched onto the throats of either Keith or Chemda with his teeth.

There is something very dark going on up inside his head.

I am still concerned that Chrissie was physically harmed by him.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
There is something very dark going on up inside his head.

I am still concerned that Chrissie was physically harmed by him.
It is of note that Chrissie liked the previous comment.
Mundane Soul likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
I hope this was clear as I am pretty upset from listening to the podcast.
You're in luck, bby.

I am a PhD*, and run a support group for people upset and/or triggered by podcasts.

PM me your details, as well as your bra & panty size, and let's let the healing begin. Anything you share will be kept in the strictest confidence, and will only be posted on the internet if it's really interesting and/or funny.

*Pretty Huge Dickbag
Old 10-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

In case anyone missed it, Pattycakes Dixon is slipping it to Mandy "I'm Redefining Feminism" Stadtmiller.

It will be interesting to see how the SoCal Amazon Feminazi handles his tender manipulations. IMUO she's already showing signs of a slight personality change...

Given what a massive cunt she was to cHemmo recently, I hope he grinds her into vagina-scented potpourii, and puts her in a nice little bowl on his coffee table.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The episode where he discussed this relationship is the episode in which I started being repulsed by him.

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...-killer-17740/
Keith and FingerLakes like this.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Can't wait to hear about the angry calls/texts chrissie got from pat over this episode
Old 10-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

Can't wait to hear about the angry calls/texts chrissie got from pat over this episode

This makes me want to puke. I'm so fucking mad at myself too. I fucking knew better. I'm on s domestic violence committee for fucks sake. This is just sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith likes this.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
I'm on a domestic violence committee
Wow - me too!!

Is your committee for or against?
Old 10-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Man - Chet dropping the N-word is a bit of a blow.

I was really hoping that using it got so common at the Hanks household that Tom would drop it at the Academy awards. In my dream scenario he follows up by fist pounding Mel Gibson.

I reckon KATG should get Colin Hanks on. He's got a doco to promote, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind spending 30mins talking about growing up with Chet.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

Jesus Christ. What a fucking horrific douchebag.