Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

The 1993 film Searching For Bobby Fischer, written and directed by the Oscar-winning screenwriter of (strangely enough, given the context of this show) Schindler's List, has nothing to do with Bobby Fischer. It's a small domestic drama about a young chess prodigy in a middle class family in New York. It's a fine film, fun for the whole family.

There is plenty of evidence that the holocaust happened. (See the original holocaust documentary, Alain Resnais' Night and Fog [1955], everything in between and right up to last year's six-part BBC series, Auschwitz: The Nazis and The 'Final Solution.') Americans in particular appear to see the recent Austrian trial of David Irving as a free speech issue but the Austrian law is actually meant to curb the rise of right-wing extremists. The primary objective of a holocaust denier is to further demonise the Jewish people, deny them any sympathy for the crimes committed against them or that they even happened, and continue to incite hatred against them. This isn't really about challenging history because the historical record of the holocaust is incredibly accurate and still pains the Germans, Austrians, Polish, French--and those were just the perpetrators. Six million Jewish people were murdered along with up to six hundred thousand homosexuals (numbers vary because of those who were both Jewish and gay) as well as Polish, Roma and other nationalities of people. As one commentator succintly put it, "Holocaust denial is just anti-Semitism dressed up as intellectual debate."

Irving had previously lost a high profile libel case in the UK, when he claimed that American author, Deborah Lipstadt had libeled him when describing him as a holocaust denier.

People can of course see this as censorship but 11 European countries still have laws against denying the Holocaust including France, Germany and Israel. It's funny how once Irving faced a prison sentence, his views suddenly changed. When asked how many Jewish people were murdered in the holocaust he said, "I don't know the figures. I am not an expert on the Holocaust," though previously he was expert enough to publish a book called Hitler's War, to claim it never happened, that there were no gas chambers and that Hitler had no knowledge of it and nothing to do with it.

Funniest joke in this show was when Keith suggested that the US was a place for independent investigation. Maybe if you're talking about President Clinton's White House Christmas Card list. Not if you're talking about 9/11, the intelligence that lead up to the war in Iraq, the atrocity exhibition at Abu Graib or even illegal NSA wire-tapping which was settled last week in the Senate when it was decided that there would be no investigation and that the laws would be changed to make the illegal wire tapping legal. Though I suppose if there was a cum stain and a Democrat involved, they would vote to spend over 100 million dollars on that.

Lastly, this is the first KATG show I lost interest with and didn't bother listening to all the way to the end. Maybe I'm weaning myself. There must be better things to do than listen to two knuckleheads in Flushing who don't know shit about what they're talking about. Still, I admire their ambition.

Last edited by soneil; 02-24-2006 at 11:01 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneil
Lastly, this is the first KATG show I lost interest with and didn't bother listening to all the way to the end. Maybe I'm weaning myself. There must be better things to do than listen to two knuckleheads in Flushing who don't know shit about what they're talking about. Still, I admire their ambition.

reminds me of a clip from "private parts"

the people who loved howard listened because they "wanted to see what he said next"

the people who hated howard stern listened because they "wanted to see what he said next"

it doesn't matter whether they know what they're talking about; they say ignorant shit all the time

the point is to make ignorance interesting

at that, KATG excell
Old 02-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Funniest joke in this show was when Keith suggested that the US was a place for independent investigation. Maybe if you're talking about President Clinton's White House Christmas Card list. Not if you're talking about 9/11, the intelligence that lead up to the war in Iraq, the atrocity exhibition at Abu Graib or even illegal NSA wire-tapping which was settled last week in the Senate when it was decided that there would be no investigation and that the laws would be changed to make the illegal wire tapping legal. Though I suppose if there was a cum stain and a Democrat involved, they would vote to spend over 100 million dollars on that.
hahahahaha!
did OSLIN hack your username/password? a whole paragraph of zealous leftist agenda propaganda bullshit! and not a single statement about everyones somehow out to get gays? you believe republicans are all evil, too, right, out to take over the world? we're coming to get you soneil, mwahahaha! the vast right wing conspiracy is hiding under your bed!
Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

shit i forgot this was the kid toucher poster
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
shit i forgot this was the kid toucher poster

rofl, dont make me laugh, im hiding under his bed, hes gonna hear me, lol!
Old 02-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
I'm suprised that you had room with all the other kids he stuffs under there.
did your DVD show up yet for that prize winning sig? how did it go again?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

for 10 years my father slept on the couch because my mother couldn't sleep while he was snoring

he lost 40lb on the south beach diet in like... 6 months or something insane, and his snoring went away from it. He was so used to sleeping in on the couch he just continued.

and now he had to get a job 2 hours away until he can find a job where my mother and i are. He took the couch instead of a bed.

So im not sure about 1/4th of couples in different beds, but alot of middle class families might be doing the same thing the way the job market is.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tim F

Any girl worth having is a dirty girl.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
mcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
you believe republicans are all evil, too, right, out to take over the world? we're coming to get you soneil, mwahahaha! the vast right wing conspiracy is hiding under your bed!
Spooky? A Republican? Say it ain't so!

Old 02-24-2006, 04:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Can't stand to sleep in the same bed, yet you want to? My wife and I have the perfect solution (and so do most europeans). Our bed is about the same size as a king, but it's got two mattresses instead of one. The frame is similar to a waterbed, so the mattresses get pushed together really tight. We stay on our own sides automagically because of the tendancy of each mattress to divot a little in the middle. The best part is that we also have our own comforters that are of different weights. Hers, of course, weighs in at about 20 lbs, and mine's almost a sheet.
325|1:16:08|"They're not a balding racist."