Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can you take a joke?
Yes 37 72.55%
No 14 27.45%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

Old 11-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

I didn't listen to the show yet and won't be able to until maybe Saturday. But I wish I could.

With only knowing what I heard in the past and what I read in the last 24 hours or so, it is pretty simple, John. I'm guessing, and if I'm wrong, I'm sorry but don't get mad at me because I'm homeless?

Jackie was someone that Keith had a respect for due to his past work. It's really hard to let that go, no matter how dated and shitty he turned out to be. You don't want to admit people you looked up to were not what you thought. In turn, Chemda respects Keith and followed his lead on this. They did what they do, their best to make every guest look as good as possible.

When Jackie crossed the line, Chemda put her fucking foot down and that allowed them both to finally admit that he's a dumb shit who isn't very funny. TBH, I bet it was a relief.

Again, haven't listened but I will say I secretly knew something like this would happen. Even the talents of KATG couldn't completely cover up what a shit this guy is.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm not going to have someone call in that I don't think is funny. Dropping in with a joke and leaving was very funny to me.

Then, on the side, there was always these little sexist things that we just shook our heads at until, finally, it became crazy and beyond and intolerable to the point it needed publically mentioned.

I'm not understanding where the confusion is.

Maybe John and Rufio never had anyone in their lives cross a line. They have all their old friends throughout their lives and everyone's grand.

I once liked Pat Dixon. Then he pushed it and then he went beyond. It's not hard to understand at all.
The Girl, Piscean, marykae and 3 others like this.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm not going to have someone call in that I don't think is funny. Dropping in with a joke and leaving was very funny to me.

Then, on the side, there was always these little sexist things that we just shook our heads at until, finally, it became crazy and beyond and intolerable to the point it needed publically mentioned.

I'm not understanding where the confusion is.

Maybe John and Rufio never had anyone in their lives cross a line. They have all their old friends throughout their lives and everyone's grand.

I once liked Pat Dixon. Then he pushed it and then he went beyond. It's not hard to understand at all.
I think I'm not asking the question quite right, so here goes....

Why is Jackies whole "I tell other people's jokes" shtick ok when you have always had such a strong stance on anything like that not being ok?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Then you just don't get it. There's nothing else I can tell you.

To me he never acted like he made up these jokes.

You can play other people's songs, but don't act like you wrote the songs.

You see the difference; stop it.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

There's a big difference between being a cover band and putting someone's bassline in your song.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

This is a relief. I liked the calls even if (because?) the jokes were cringe-inducing. But it always seemed like he was going into weird territory outside of those calls. I guess I just figured he was different outside of showtime (and sometimes you could even hear that side of him) and so everything was fine. But it never felt fine from the parts of it I could hear and it was difficult to reconcile with all the other similar sort of stuff that gets brought up on the show. So in the end, good for you and all women but mostly thanks for making me feel better about it.

Furor is the right word though.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm just happy I won't have to listen to (or rather fast forward) his unfunny call-ins any more I just wish Chemda didn't have to endure this bullshit to make that happen.
Rufio and Apia like this.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
John,

For the record, this can happen to anyone. I WILL snap on you. And when that happens, I might insult your work too. Even IF it has nothing to do with why I'm mad. I might even insult your mother though I never met her.

And let me explain...

YOU don't get to say how *I* respond to your sexual harassment and otherwise bullshit behavior.

Stop asking me about the timing of my anger and recognize that what I did was no match for what he did.

He crossed my line. Maybe my line should have been crossed earlier. He's welcome and so is everyone else.

I am a very patient person. Stop blaming me for that.
I'm on your side and I understand you entirely, point taken. We are not enemies, I like you.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Kliph was great, such interesting stuff about comedians back in the day and what comedy clubs used to be like.

It's too bad Jackie crossed the line. I liked his call-ins. But Chemda is fully in the right not to put up with groping and shit.
The Girl and Lanfear like this.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
Chemda is fully in the right not to put up with groping and shit.
It's official!
New here likes this.